Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Brahms' Variation on a Theme from Haydn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    Brahms' Variation on a Theme from Haydn
    k. String Sextets and 2cnd Symphony are my favourites.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I have currently written 760 words. This is going to be a very long night that I can't afford. I should be asleep by now.

ReputationRep:
    I'm on 1419, I have a last paragraph + conclusion and intro to write

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Erk! You too? How far have you gotten? I've only just noticed that I have a deadline tomorrow. Seems my body clock was uncannily prophetic :dry:
    760 words. *cries*

I have no idea how I'm going to hand it in either. I think it was due at 12 today, but like I said, I have no idea if our supervision tomorrow is going ahead. I've spent an awful lot of time reading and trying to find quotes and the writing just isn't happening, despite the fact that I'm insanely interested in the question. And now I'm so tired I can barely think - I went to bed at 5am this morning after bar extension so have had very little sleep. And I can feel another stupid panic attack approaching - I didn't get them at all last term and have had one a day a this term Rubbishrubbishrubbish.

/usual late night rantybabble

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    I have currently written 760 words. This is going to be a very long night that I can't afford. I should be asleep by now.
    Snap, on all counts :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    I wish I could learn to do essays like that - it'd mean some sleep :hmpf: Btw do they mark all of your essays? I'm lucky if they roughly mark one a term :rolleyes:
    I have 2 essays per subject per term (excluding half papers), so I have 8 essays a term. The supervisor sets the essay one supervision and it's normally due in two weeks later at the next supervision. Two weeks after that we get it back all marked and graded Each supervisor has a different system though- some set essays after we've been supervised on the subject (like my EU supervisor), and others before (like equity). It's quite a good system, although we seem to have more work than a lot of other subjects (such as 3rd year medics!).
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Your essays get graded? *jealous*

ReputationRep:
    right I'm off to bed, I've got a meeting with my tutor tomorrow in which we should hopefully decide what I'm going to be doing for the rest of the year, after discussing this with my parents I think the best thing would be to degrade but see if I can get some kind of work placement in Cambridge and so still be able to stay in college. Well I hope so anyway

and best of luck with your essays everyone!!!!

edit: thanks Llamaaa for the rep, and whoever else it was as well :love: craggy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)
    right I'm off to bed, I've got a meeting with my tutor tomorrow in which we should hopefully decide what I'm going to be doing for the rest of the year, after discussing this with my parents I think the best thing would be to degrade but see if I can get some kind of work placement in Cambridge and so still be able to stay in college. Well I hope so anyway
    Hope things go ok for you: sounds like all this is quite rough, but I'm sure you'll be able to get through it and sort out something that works for you

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I've got two PMs, one from Jonah Ramone containing random funny emoticons and one from LH123 saying " :upyours: ". Since I can't remember saying anything offensive, and since neither of them mentions me in person, I guess this is some... errr... "funny" prank since subs can send mass-PMs to like everyone on TSR, is that correct?

@smilepea: Hope things work out for you !
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Hope you sleep well, but just to let you know that if you degrade then you won't be able to stay in College and they *strongly recommend* that you leave Cambridge entirely for the time you are not a student here.

1000 words down. *sigh*
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Y__)
    Okay, I've got two PMs, one from Jonah Ramone containing random funny emoticons and one from LH123 saying " :upyours: ". Since I can't remember saying anything offensive, and since neither of them mentions me in person, I guess this is some... errr... "funny" prank since subs can send mass-PMs to like everyone on TSR, is that correct?
    Yep, and they've been warned for it as he literally sent *hundreds* and loads of people complained.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    760 words. *cries*

I have no idea how I'm going to hand it in either. I think it was due at 12 today, but like I said, I have no idea if our supervision tomorrow is going ahead. I've spent an awful lot of time reading and trying to find quotes and the writing just isn't happening, despite the fact that I'm insanely interested in the question. And now I'm so tired I can barely think - I went to bed at 5am this morning after bar extension so have had very little sleep. And I can feel another stupid panic attack approaching - I didn't get them at all last term and have had one a day a this term Rubbishrubbishrubbish.

/usual late night rantybabble
    :console: That is rubbish! And I know how you feel because I'm also physically shattered, and have already done pots of reading but don't know what to write, etc etc. Don't panic! It will all be fine. Just focus on doing what you can now and block everything else out of your mind. I would offer to come and visit you, but I get the feeling you're someone who's never in one place for very long...So yeh. Virtual sympathies and cake instead :cake:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)

and best of luck with your essays everyone!!!!

edit: thanks Llamaaa for the rep, and whoever else it was as well :love: craggy?
    I think I was planning to but hadn't yet :ninja: *checks*

In addition to what FadedJade said - if college don't let you live in, I'm sure you could find somewhere else to stay in Cam with mature students or Homertonians or something.
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    I have 2 essays per subject per term (excluding half papers), so I have 8 essays a term. The supervisor sets the essay one supervision and it's normally due in two weeks later at the next supervision. Two weeks after that we get it back all marked and graded Each supervisor has a different system though- some set essays after we've been supervised on the subject (like my EU supervisor), and others before (like equity). It's quite a good system, although we seem to have more work than a lot of other subjects (such as 3rd year medics!).
    It sounds like Law is like SPS, in that if you have a good DoS then the work is spread out evenly and its manageable. (we had 12 essays a term last year) But I know lawyers that die from the work, and I assume that must be due to rubbish organisation by DoSes etc, because one essay a week is not exactly a big ask.

And ditto FJ - you're lucky that yours are marked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    hi
    Did you get an email from me through the SPS mailing list just now? I'm testing it out.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Good luck to everyone writing essays tonight. :hugs: I know what it's like and it's not nice.

I'm off to bed as I've been doing Micro for the last four hours and I don't think I can do any more. I'm going to get slaughtered in the supervision again but oh well. Also, I need to wake up at 7:30 to go to the gym before lectures, although how much I will actually be able to do after the last couple of days is questionable. :o:

ReputationRep:
    Score, 1854 words, and I still have the into and conclusion to write. I think it's time for a well-earened break.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    When's your deadline?

Mine's 2pm, but I'm in lectures from 9am so I can't really do any tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    well I'm having a double supervsion on Thursday so ASAP really coz I need to start the next essay for a Weds hand in!!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.