Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    Also, I need to wake up at 7:30 to go to the gym before lectures, although how much I will actually be able to do after the last couple of days is questionable. :o:
    Be careful not to injure yourself!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Can't be any worse than last time I went into Pembroke gym :p:

ReputationRep:
    :dancing:

I can't believe it! Christmas all over again! :woo:
    My supervision is Thursday not Tuesday, which means I don't have to write an essay tonight
    (sorry to say this to everyone else having a crap evening) :o:
    In awe of my good luck, I'm going to work very hard till I'm tired and can sleep in order to deserve it :o:

ReputationRep:
    can't be worse than ME!! I'm horrendously unfit and unsporty.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Last time I went into Pembroke gym was when I collapsed and missed two weeks of term. I didn't actually do any exercise.

I'm going to bed. I've done all I can for now and I need sleep more than I need this essay. Goodnight all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    I'm going to bed. I've done all I can for now and I need sleep more than I need this essay. Goodnight all.
    Goodnight! :console:

ReputationRep:
    One of the guys on my floor apparently doesn't know how to use the toilet brush :mad: ... I left a note on the toilet last term complaining about that, which solved the problem for a few weeks (seems he was embarrassed enough to reconsider), but it's like he has forgotten about it over the Christmas holidays...

ReputationRep:
    How many of there are you to a bathroom? Although I guess it takes one person...

ReputationRep:
    9 people, 2 toilets (en-suite floor, but we just have showers in our rooms, no toilets).
    You really should be able to expect people to be more hygienic than that ...

ReputationRep:
    Nina did you move the post by that twit telling me to change my colour? Just wondering. Amusing timing.
    (Original post by Y__)
    9 people, 2 toilets (en-suite floor, but we just have showers in our rooms, no toilets).
    You really should be able to expect people to be more hygienic than that ...
    I doubt its unhygeinic in a significant sense, but its inconsiderate.
    What annoys me is that we've overheard one of my housemates telling her visitors that she doesn't ever bother washing her dishes because the bedder always does it for her. This is annoying because our bedder doesn't ever do the dishes. I do :dry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    Last time I went into Pembroke gym was when I collapsed and missed two weeks of term. I didn't actually do any exercise.

aww that's so rubbish, remember that any exercise is good exercise though, don't push yourself too much!

Craggy or someone can probs answer this question/s

1) what do you do when you get a stitch in your side? Sometimes, I'm fine, sometimes just 20 minutes of hard grind on the xtrainer gets me in pain. I try to push through it but often I need to stop for ages which is lame. Is there a stretch/something you can do to get rid of it fast?

ReputationRep:
    I hate bad toilet manners

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Nina did you move the post by that twit telling me to change my colour? Just wondering. Amusing timing.
    I doubt its unhygeinic in a significant sense, but its inconsiderate.
    What annoys me is that we've overheard one of my housemates telling her visitors that she doesn't ever bother washing her dishes because the bedder always does it for her. This is annoying because our bedder doesn't ever do the dishes. I do :dry:
    :eek:
    Now that is incredibly annoying! Maybe if you'd stop washing her dishes, she'd ask the bedder about it and therefore get into a really awkward situation ?

ReputationRep:
    :mad: :mad:

Can someone please explain to me why its now the third completely pointless PM i've received in two days? just random people i don't know... one showing me the picture of a shrimp... and the other one a smiley giving me the finger...
    wtf?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegluups)
    :mad: :mad:

Can someone please explain to me why its now the third completely pointless PM i've received in two days? just random people i don't know... one showing me the picture of a shrimp... and the other one a smiley giving me the finger...
    wtf?
    See my post #5813 and Nina's reply #5815 here on our CamChat thread (might be on the previous page?) .

ReputationRep:
    minimo, if you're getting stitches you need to practice breathing correctly. I've heard that in through your nose and out with your mouth is better for some reason, but I think the main idea is just breathing slowly and deeply. As in take as much as you can in and then slowly release. Also don't gulp down a huge amount of water at one time because it *will* give you a stitch if you do anything active straight afterwards. Drink steadily all the time in a few sips at a time.
    (Original post by Y__)
    :eek:
    Now that is incredibly annoying! Maybe if you'd stop washing her dishes, she'd ask the bedder about it and therefore get into a really awkward situation ?
    I'm trying to do this now, but it gets really annoying because she doesn't notice. Meanwhile the accumulated mess irritates me cos it gets in the way. I should try.

ReputationRep:
    thanks, I gulp down lots of water and I dont think I ever actually breathe through my nose, I'm a mouth breather :/ that might explain a lottttt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    thanks, I gulp down lots of water and I dont think I ever actually breathe through my nose, I'm a mouth breather :/ that might explain a lottttt.
    I've always found that breathing deeply and regularly helped, I thought it was just about making sure you had enough oxygen to supply your gut.

ReputationRep:
    I've given up I'm putting scary scary bar extension pictures on Facebook and then going to bed. My essay won't be done in time for my supervision, I guess I'll just have to tell him what I was going to write in it.

Craggy - why do I seem like the kind of person who'd never stay in one place? I actually spent 12 hours in the library today, madness! Although you're probably right, I do tend to flit between people's rooms the rest of the time. Just wondered where you got that impression from! And thanks for the cake and the offer of visiting, much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I slept for 20 hours for no real reason... and now I have an (already planned) essay to do.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.