The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5740
Zoedotdot

Craggy - why do I seem like the kind of person who'd never stay in one place? :s-smilie: I actually spent 12 hours in the library today, madness! Although you're probably right, I do tend to flit between people's rooms the rest of the time. Just wondered where you got that impression from! And thanks for the cake and the offer of visiting, much appreciated :smile:

Because you seem very busy and involved in alot of ECs, and very social, which leads me to assume that you have to run about alot in order to manage your time :smile: (except in the evenings where you have to work late of course)
Reply 5741
Physics would be a lot easier if everything, especially photons, travelled at non-relativistic speeds.
Reply 5742
AAAARRGGHH!!! Why did you all have to give me so much chocolate!? :argh:

*has a massive fight with an army of attacking chocolates* :fight:
Scipio90
Physics would be a lot easier if everything, especially photons, travelled at non-relativistic speeds.

Lol, poor old Lorentz would no longer be useful.
Reply 5744
Either this question is impossible, or I'm a moron. Either way, I'm going to bed.
Reply 5745
Scipio90
Either this question is impossible, or I'm a moron. Either way, I'm going to bed.

You're a moron :flute:
weirdest thing: last night we were woken at 2.30am by neighbour on the boat next door calling james' phone. He got up to answer it and saw why she was calling. half a wooden rowing Eight was floating past the window! She said some idiots had thrown it in at Caius boathouse. We got up asap cos left to its own devices it could get lodged somewhere or cause an accident. So we fished it out with our long boat pole and tied it up to our boat where hopefully some caians will pick it up this morning! It was quite surreal. This morning i had to ask James if it had really happened!
The West Wing
Did you get an email from me through the SPS mailing list just now? I'm testing it out.

Yup :smile:
Reply 5748
GAH overslept.
Craghyrax

See? Cold exists! I keep telling you...

:lies:

Y__
Okay, I've got two PMs, one from Jonah Ramone containing random funny emoticons and one from LH123 saying " :upyours: ". Since I can't remember saying anything offensive, and since neither of them mentions me in person, I guess this is some... errr... "funny" prank since subs can send mass-PMs to like everyone on TSR, is that correct?

@smilepea: Hope things work out for you :smile: !

thegluups
:mad: :mad:

Can someone please explain to me why its now the third completely pointless PM i've received in two days? just random people i don't know... one showing me the picture of a shrimp... and the other one a smiley giving me the finger...
wtf?

If nobody has told you yet, they PM'd every non-sub that was online for a joke.

Craghyrax
:dancing:

I can't believe it! Christmas all over again! :woo:
My supervision is Thursday not Tuesday, which means I don't have to write an essay tonight :biggrin:
(sorry to say this to everyone else having a crap evening) :o:
In awe of my good luck, I'm going to work very hard till I'm tired and can sleep in order to deserve it :o:

This is similar to what I realised yesterday :biggrin: Except that I had an early night instead of working :o:

Kyle_S-C
I've always found that breathing deeply and regularly helped, I thought it was just about making sure you had enough oxygen to supply your gut.

Diaphragm afaik, rather than gut.

Scipio90

In engineering, nothing travels at relativistic speeds :smile:
scarlet ibis
weirdest thing: last night we were woken at 2.30am by neighbour on the boat next door calling james' phone. He got up to answer it and saw why she was calling. half a wooden rowing Eight was floating past the window! She said some idiots had thrown it in at Caius boathouse. We got up asap cos left to its own devices it could get lodged somewhere or cause an accident. So we fished it out with our long boat pole and tied it up to our boat where hopefully some caians will pick it up this morning! It was quite surreal. This morning i had to ask James if it had really happened!

That's a bit nutty! Is it one of our boats?

Craggy: The issue is more the amount of reading we have to do for each supervision (although it might not be much compared to other subjects, I don't know). For example, for my supervision today I had 150 pages in one textbook, 128 in another, 70 in another to read, plus 6 articles (each about 20 pages) and some 18 cases (which are about 10 pages each including judgements) all as "compulsory reading". There were another 30 things listed as optional reading, but of course nobody ever does that!! The worst one is EU where we typically get a list 5 pages long of cases we have to read in addition to a couple of hundred pages of textbook reading. It seems a lot to me :smile:

The essays aren't so bad, but we are expected to directly quote what a judge said in an important judgement, and refer to all the articles we were supposed to have read, so we can't really skip any of the reading, so the essay takes a long time to do.

My DoS doesn't really do anything- she decided at the beginning of the year who would supervise us, but we arranged times ourselves directly with the supervisors, and they decide how much work we have to do :smile: My DoS just sees me twice a term to put the fear of god into me and tell me that I'm useless :biggrin:
Craghyrax
Be careful not to injure yourself!

Thanks; I didn't go in the end as I'm aching too much and needed more sleep. :smile:
Reply 5752
overslept shfihsdfohsdf
ukebert
In engineering, nothing travels at relativistic speeds :smile:

Yet. :wink:

Anyway, why would anyone want to listen to loud music at 9am?
Reply 5754
thanks everyone for being so lovely :love:

and we'll see what my tutor says today ... I have had the offer of a bedroom floor to be used every weekend :smile:

I think my mystery repper make have been ukebert? although I'm clearly bad at this so I might just give up on the guessing!!
Llamaaa

Yup, well half of an old one that was lying on the hard. I doubt it was Caians that threw it in but no one's come to collect it yet. I got up early and everything.
Reply 5756
Scipio90

Although E=pc is pretty simple and photons often make algebra a bit simpler. I think I could live with only solving problems where everything moved at the speed of light, in all frames...Anyway, if it starts stressing you, post if you want and I'll have a look. Maybe, depends how I'm feeling :smile:
scarlet ibis
Yup, well half of an old one that was lying on the hard. I doubt it was Caians that threw it in but no one's come to collect it yet. I got up early and everything.

Do you want me to tell our porters?
Llamaaa

Craggy: The issue is more the amount of reading we have to do for each supervision (although it might not be much compared to other subjects, I don't know). For example, for my supervision today I had 150 pages in one textbook, 128 in another, 70 in another to read, plus 6 articles (each about 20 pages) and some 18 cases (which are about 10 pages each including judgements) all as "compulsory reading". There were another 30 things listed as optional reading, but of course nobody ever does that!! The worst one is EU where we typically get a list 5 pages long of cases we have to read in addition to a couple of hundred pages of textbook reading. It seems a lot to me :smile:

The essays aren't so bad, but we are expected to directly quote what a judge said in an important judgement, and refer to all the articles we were supposed to have read, so we can't really skip any of the reading, so the essay takes a long time to do.

My DoS doesn't really do anything- she decided at the beginning of the year who would supervise us, but we arranged times ourselves directly with the supervisors, and they decide how much work we have to do :smile: My DoS just sees me twice a term to put the fear of god into me and tell me that I'm useless :biggrin:

:biggrin:itto:

The amount of reading we have to do, is really scary... especially if you actually read the cases ...

My dear Llamaaa... you're scaring the **** out of me for next year :smile:.
Out of interest, in Tort or Criminal, do you think reading the headnotes of a case is more important? do you think its better to read the cases in full/skim through the textbook, or read the textbook carefully, and read the headnotes?

* starts panicking for her moot on friday * :rolleyes:
Reply 5759
guys can someone tell me if it's possible to send something by royal mail next day registered if it's to a PO Box address like this?

The Graduate Admissions Office
PO Box 738
University of Oxford
Wellington Square
OX1 9FB

it's gotta be there by fri and i need to tidy up essays and double check my app so can only send it offf by tomorrow.

I have so much to do and am so behind, I feel sick with worry

Latest