Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    :lies:

If nobody has told you yet, they PM'd every non-sub that was online for a joke.
    :shifty: they have a weird sense of humour

(Original post by ukebert)
    In engineering, nothing travels at relativistic speeds
    we were discussing hell and heaven the other day, and decided that the concept of hell of engineers would be a world without triangles , do you agree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    AAAARRGGHH!!! Why did you all have to give me so much chocolate!? :argh:

*has a massive fight with an army of attacking chocolates* :fight:
    Life's hard, huh? :p:

Actually, the reason I quoted you was that I noticed that you have a shadow the same week as me - have you done the scheme before? If so... what on earth are you suposed to do with them?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    Hope you sleep well, but just to let you know that if you degrade then you won't be able to stay in College and they *strongly recommend* that you leave Cambridge entirely for the time you are not a student here.

1000 words down. *sigh*
    Don't you sign a lease thingy of some sort when you arrange to stay in college? I suppose there could be a clause but that is harsh

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm should i go to my 11am? the lecture's being given by my supervisor BUT I don't expect to do the topic in the exam (which my supervisor knows) and I am not being supervised on it. I was, howecer, thinking of doing the reading and having it as a back up question :/

Ugh, I have so much to do, I feel like being ill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    Life's hard, huh? :p:

Actually, the reason I quoted you was that I noticed that you have a shadow the same week as me - have you done the scheme before? If so... what on earth are you suposed to do with them?!
    You're the same week as me as well There's a list of suggestions in the document attached to the email, but I think the Access Office are trying to arrange something for the Friday night. I'm lucky - my Friday's are pretty full so they'll be trailing round to Russian conversation and Spanish lectures, and then I'll probably just see if they want to rest/tour Cambridge in the afternoon and then end up in the Emma bar in the evening. I'll be banding together with the other two linguists who are being shadowed that weekend though, so hopefully we can sort something out together.

ReputationRep:
    I just spent 30 minutes looking for a moved lecture and I caught the last 10 minutes :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i didnt go to mine, i figured i had more imprtant things to worry about. like the huge pile of work staring at me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    Do you want me to tell our porters?
    Thanks, but its OK, they've come over now. The Caius boatman came, accompanied by a dude in a scull. They attached the half-hull to the scull and towed it back across the river to Caius! I had by that point gone back to sleep though, so it was a bit of a wake-up call when they started bashing on the roof!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)

Oh crap! I forgot to read that email :o:
    (Original post by The West Wing)
    I just spent 30 minutes looking for a moved lecture and I caught the last 10 minutes :rolleyes:
    Gah! Hate that! Last time it happened to me though, I had to wait for the girl who got to Odette to finish blathering for 10mins so I could ask 'Erm... WHERE'S MY LECTURE THAT STARTED 15MINS AGO!!?'
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Yeah I did move the spam craggy, and if you could remove my name from your posts on p292 it would be appeciated

I've suddenly gone really dizzy. I cannot afford to be even a little bit dizzy/ill for so much as an hour this term :mad:
    I gave up on the essay at 2am. then Rich called as he couldn't sleep, so I didn'tget to sleep until 3am and my alarm went off at 8am! Needless to say, I didn''t make it to either my 9am or my 10am.

edit: on the plus side, as I missed my lectures it now gives me 2.5 hours to finish what I can of that bloody essay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    Yeah I did move the spam craggy, and if you could remove my name from your posts on p292 it would be appeciated

I've suddenly gone really dizzy. I cannot afford to be even a little bit dizzy/ill for so much as an hour this term :mad:
    I gave up on the essay at 2am. then Rich called as he couldn't sleep, so I didn'tget to sleep until 3am and my alarm went off at 8am! Needless to say, I didn''t make it to either my 9am or my 10am.

edit: on the plus side, as I missed my lectures it now gives me 2.5 hours to finish what I can of that bloody essay.
    I've skipped Russian translation and therefore now have about 38 minutes to finish my essay. And I've just realised that I don't actually want to argue what I've been arguing the whole way through, because the way my arguments have been leading means that there are loads of holes in my conclusion. So now I have to go and restructure the whole silly thing so that it actually makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, if anyone's free tonight I really recommend going to Clare Politics. We have Peter Riddell, chief pol correspondent of The Times talking about Presidents and Prime Ministers. He knows his stuff.

8.45PM in the Latymer room, Old Court
    Free wine, cheese and juice
    www.clarepolitics.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The West Wing)
    Hey, if anyone's free tonight I really recommend going to Clare Politics. We have Peter Riddell, chief pol correspondent of The Times talking about Presidents and Prime Ministers. He knows his stuff.

8.45PM in the Latymer room, Old Court
    Free wine, cheese and juice
    www.clarepolitics.co.uk
    Seems interesting.

Sir Richard Dearlove is coming to Trinity on Wednesday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    guys can someone tell me if it's possible to send something by royal mail next day registered if it's to a PO Box address like this?

The Graduate Admissions Office
    PO Box 738
    University of Oxford
    Wellington Square
    OX1 9FB

it's gotta be there by fri and i need to tidy up essays and double check my app so can only send it offf by tomorrow.

I have so much to do and am so behind, I feel sick with worry
    Yeah, you can use special delivery for PO Box addresses and that will guarantee it will get there before 1pm. If you just use first class recorded then there are no guarantees, and it could take 2-3 days.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have much work to do up until now, but today it has all hit me. Two essays, one set of questions and tons of interview preparation all to do within a week. :confused:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by brimstone)
    Seems interesting.

He's really cool and he tells some great stories over dinner.

ReputationRep:
    Seems interesting.

I'm going to that! I might go to the dinner after too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jcb914)
    Yeah, you can use special delivery for PO Box addresses and that will guarantee it will get there before 1pm. If you just use first class recorded then there are no guarantees, and it could take 2-3 days.
    thank you so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    I'm going to that! I might go to the dinner after too.
    :eek: I'll be at the dinner!

Is it an actual formal?

ReputationRep:
    :eek: I'll be at the dinner!

Is it an actual formal?
    I *think* so, the menu is high table food, anyway!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.