Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    AAAaaaarrrgh

I have discovered that representing a Westinghouse Air Brake system as a flowchart on a single powerpoint slide is bloody hard. It is even harder with a stupid trackpad instead of a mouse.
    If you need a USB mouse, I can give you one. I have a spare.

ReputationRep:
    Err, I presume CPF will post this himself at some point, but it looks like the *Wagamama Wednesday* is go

ReputationRep:
    I second your ' aaaaaaaarrrrrgh' and add an imminent implosion.
    I just spent hours recording my international law notes in the vague hope that if I could listen to them they would go in my head and I might remember them... Clicked 'export' to make them into mp3 and they vanished. All gone. Forever.
    Sigh. Better have a strepsil and start again..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mwiko)
    I just spent hours recording my international law notes in the vague hope that if I could listen to them they would go in my head and I might remember them... Clicked 'export' to make them into mp3 and they vanished. All gone. Forever.
    :eek: That's awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mwiko)
    That's a great idea about recording the notes....but sorry they have gone At least reading them out might have helped a little bit?? on the bright side??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    DE2, it's due in tomorrow 4pm
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

How are you only on DE2?!?!?!?!? Our DE3 is due in Monday at 6pm, and I haven't started yet, and I'm playing rugby tomorrow and then I've got hustings and then I'm going out ... OH GOSH I'M SO SO SO BEHIND!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    If you need a USB mouse, I can give you one. I have a spare.
    Seriously? :eek: That would be so kind of you :love:

I have changed the layout of my flowchart 3 times so far. And every time I get confused with what I am supposed to be representing. And I've had to omit several key details. Mostly cocks and valves, but they are important.

It now has 17 different boxes on it. I now need to make it colourful so that people can actually make sense of it If I can't then this is probably a bad sign. I am so going to spend all of tomorrow tinkering with it, which I really shouldn't do :o:

It is very hot in here. I was wondering why I was feeling sleepy but that is the explanation. My chocolate has melted. I've opened my windoow now.

Does anyone want to chat about air brakes? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I have a spare USB mouse too, if you want it/feel Craggy's is inadequate :p:

ReputationRep:
    Either I saw James and Amy today, or I surprised some people on a narrowboat by frantically waving at them when I should have been rowing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Either I saw James and Amy today, or I surprised some people on a narrowboat by frantically waving at them when I should have been rowing...
    They are the youngest narrowboaters in the national community, so I reckon you're safe :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    Err, I presume CPF will post this himself at some point, but it looks like the *Wagamama Wednesday* is go
    The West Wing and I just went to the plodge to try to book a room party for Wednesday, and apparently if we want to do so we have to e-mail the head porter with a list of all of the people we expect to come and usually around ten days beforehand (although I have also seen rules which say it is two days beforehand). A room party is between 11 and 25 people. 10 or below at any one time you don't need to book. I guess little bit above the limit won't make much of a difference - and if we're quiet the porters won't notice - but let us discuss what to do and, of course, who's coming!

(By the way, DON'T QUOTE THIS so I can edit it later/delete selected parts!)

ReputationRep:
    Seriously? :eek: That would be so kind of you :love:
    Do you want it now? If you come over and text when you're here I'll give it to you. Sorry West Wing, your mouse is geographically inferior :hahaha:

ReputationRep:
    Do you want it now? If you come over and text when you're here I'll give it to you. Sorry West Wing, your mouse is geographically inferior :hahaha:
    nah, I've given up work for today :p: Going to go to bed soon (famous last words) I will need it tomorrow though, will you be in at all?

And thanks for the offer Theo, although I really can't be bothered to trek all the way to Clare, lovely though it is :p:

ReputationRep:
    nah, I've given up work for today :p: Going to go to bed soon (famous last words) I will need it tomorrow though, will you be in at all?

And thanks for the offer Theo, although I really can't be bothered to trek all the way to Clare, lovely though it is :p:
    From what time do you need it? I can put it in your pigeon hole somewhen round midday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

How are you only on DE2?!?!?!?!? Our DE3 is due in Monday at 6pm, and I haven't started yet, and I'm playing rugby tomorrow and then I've got hustings and then I'm going out ... OH GOSH I'M SO SO SO BEHIND!!!!!!
    I guess our supervisor thought it would be a good idea to start later, I don't know... think of it that way, though: You will hand in DE4 and then head off home having nothing left to do, whereas I will be having a "differential Christmas".

ReputationRep:
    From what time do you need it? I can put it in your pigeon hole somewhen round midday?
    That would be fantastic There's no real rush, I'm ringing in the morning. Actually scratch that, I have too much work. And too little sleep. Or maybe I should go to ringing. Anyway, I have enough work not to need it in the morning, which is the point :p:

Tell me, does this mean anything to anyone?

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    I guess our supervisor thought it would be a good idea to start later, I don't know... think of it that way, though: You will hand in DE4 and then head off home having nothing left to do, whereas I will be having a "differential Christmas".
    currently this is a small consolation, seeing as I haven't started it and everyone else has spent hrs on it, ahhhhhh and our groups 3 is due on Wednesday and I've not started it and it's a shock if I can answer any questions normally, and oh poo I have to go and put some posters up, I'm never going to get anything done ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    Groups 3 is actually not very bad at all. I think we've covered everything we need in lectures now.

ReputationRep:
    :ahhhhh: For goodness sake spoiler that ukebert!!!

:console: smilepea - know the feeling :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    :ahhhhh: For goodness sake spoiler that ukebert!!!
    Won't somebody think of the 56k'ers ... oh, wait, it's not 1999

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.