Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    we have a Principle

apparently somewhere has a Warden...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    You're the same week as me as well There's a list of suggestions in the document attached to the email, but I think the Access Office are trying to arrange something for the Friday night. I'm lucky - my Friday's are pretty full so they'll be trailing round to Russian conversation and Spanish lectures, and then I'll probably just see if they want to rest/tour Cambridge in the afternoon and then end up in the Emma bar in the evening. I'll be banding together with the other two linguists who are being shadowed that weekend though, so hopefully we can sort something out together.
    Oh really? Excellent! I don't think I know what languages my 'shadow' wants to do (but I couldn't even find my own name on the spreadsheet, so I could be wrong), but if it happens to be spanish, I may have to give you a call

ReputationRep:
    I applied for a shadow but I haven't been given one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    s'coz you're a bit racist innit

( :love: )

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard of these shadowing things. Am I to assume that some little person tags along after you all day? How frightful. I hope the pay's good.

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:
    (Original post by lavalse)
    we have a Principle

apparently somewhere has a Warden...
    Ah yes. Warden. Thanks.

Principle is probably unique to Homerton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    Oh really? Excellent! I don't think I know what languages my 'shadow' wants to do (but I couldn't even find my own name on the spreadsheet, so I could be wrong), but if it happens to be spanish, I may have to give you a call
    Have you found it now? Everyone got really confused by the fact that the spreadsheet has three pages, I had loads of people coming up to me saying that they didn't have shadows when actually they did (well, 2 :p:). I've no idea what languages mine wants to do either! But whatever happens, they'll be coming to double Natasha on Friday with me. Poor soul, coming on the only day I have a 9am and having to sit through 2 hours of Russian conversation The other Russianist in Emma is being shadowed on that day too though, so at least they'll have company to ward off the insanity!

And feel free to give me a call with the Spanish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    s'coz you're a bit racist innit

( :love: )
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    You do Maths, yes? So there's no counter I can give other than that approximation is an incredibly valuable tool when used properly.
    It goes without saying, of course, that one should always know the bounds of the error of an approximation before using it. It simply wouldn't do to use \pi = 3 if you need \pm 1\% accuracy.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    2046 words and emailed in at 2pm exactly :proud:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhen Lin)
    It goes without saying, of course, that one should always know the bounds of the error of an approximation before using it. It simply wouldn't do to use \pi = 3 if you need \pm 1\% accuracy.
    Of course :p:

But in the case of the barometer say, approximating by neglecting the steam pressure of mercury is perfectly justified :p:

(Original post by Craghyrax)
    :rolleyes:
    Was that directed at me? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to go to the CBR check.. bit annoying oh well, I'll do it next yeat
    Being on the access thing should be fun though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC REN)
    Although E=pc is pretty simple and photons often make algebra a bit simpler. I think I could live with only solving problems where everything moved at the speed of light, in all frames...Anyway, if it starts stressing you, post if you want and I'll have a look. Maybe, depends how I'm feeling
    Thanks, got it now. Was actually very simple, only half a page of working. Not sure how I managed to mess it up so majorly last night...

ReputationRep:
    the richard dearlove talk seems to have been cancelled

ReputationRep:
    the richard dearlove talk seems to have been cancelled
    :eek: We only got the email through the SPS list 2 hours ago though :rolleyes:

Come to Clare Politics intstead :yes:

ReputationRep:
    sadly I have so much work to do I would have otherwise.

Clare Pol is on today, right?

ReputationRep:
    sadly I have so much work to do I would have otherwise.

Clare Pol is on today, right?
    Yup, at 8:45 PM

We have amazing speakers this term, I'll keep you updated. We also have some possible suprises in store.

ReputationRep:
    My room is a tip. Hopefully tidying it will allow me to postpone work.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i'm actually going to go to the gym. I need to find some water in college first though as my house only has hot water.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.