Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    My room is a tip. Hopefully tidying it will allow me to postpone work.
    just ring your parents and wait 3 seconds and then cry at them, they'll come and visit and tidy your room for you :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Peterhouse Politics is on tonight as well :p:

But I can't come to either of them. And I need to do work. Gaah.

In other news it appears that my uncle bought his boat at exactly the right time, he looks to double his investment in under a year.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to read for a bit and then gym. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)
    just ring your parents and wait 3 seconds and then cry at them, they'll come and visit and tidy your room for you :yep:
    Hehe, sounds like a good idea. :p:

How are things going with you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Hehe, sounds like a good idea. :p:

How are things going with you?

yes you can actually see my floor now

erm well it looks like it's going to be another 3 or so weeks before I know weather I can go into second year engineering (which I think is unlikely as they'll be TONS to catch up on, and I'll need a 2.i ) Or if they'll accept me into first year (but that has to be approved by the university rather than just the college) So I'm stuck doing maths for the time being. Which is not good. And I have nothing to do atm as we've not been set any work yet this term as they can't really set us any meaningful questions until about 2 weeks in, oh and my tutor thinks I'm depressed, which is probably true as I currently don't want to do anything ... not even rugby .... so yer, I would say unwell really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    I think I killed my printer with a paper jam of note! :puppyeyes:
    Ha, last term I jammed mine badly, and pulled it apart to discover that a pin (from my May Ball work last year...!) had gotten stuck in it. I had to get a new printer.

ReputationRep:
    yes you can actually see my floor now

erm well it looks like it's going to be another 3 or so weeks before I know weather I can go into second year engineering (which I think is unlikely as they'll be TONS to catch up on, and I'll need a 2.i ) Or if they'll accept me into first year (but that has to be approved by the university rather than just the college) So I'm stuck doing maths for the time being. Which is not good. And I have nothing to do atm as we've not been set any work yet this term as they can't really set us any meaningful questions until about 2 weeks in, oh and my tutor thinks I'm depressed, which is probably true as I currently don't want to do anything ... not even rugby .... so yer, I would say unwell really.
    come to football

(and i hate you for actually playing rubgy with ibanez * sends jealousy sparks * ):rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Oh no I'm so unlucky!!! I have to go to London on Friday night to spend dinner with my Uncle and Father the only time my Dad's going to be in the country for awhile. I think my Shadowing is at the same time :>.<: What do I do!!!? :afraid:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Was that directed at me? :p:
    Who else? :p:
    :rofl: Well a million to one maybe, but it would cost them £750 and a 12hour flight...
    (Original post by Lidka)
    Ha, last term I jammed mine badly, and pulled it apart to discover that a pin (from my May Ball work last year...!) had gotten stuck in it. I had to get a new printer.
    That is impressively bad luck :five:

Argh gym was pretty awful. I've just discovered how much of an affect lack of sleep has on performance *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    Do you want me to tell our porters?
    They won't care, basically.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    You can give them to Dave for the evening? Or arrange for them to go somewhere with other shadowees?

God I'm out of practice of this gym malarkey. I also never realised how uncomfortable it is working out while all the rowers are in there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegluups)
    come to football

(and i hate you for actually playing rubgy with ibanez * sends jealousy sparks * ):rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    I just don't want to do anything. oh well, rugby is only an hr long (although it is fitness :sigh: I just don't want to go at all)

LOL he was lovely :love:

and thanks Zoe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    You can give them to Dave for the evening? Or arrange for them to go somewhere with other shadowees?
    Thanks. Hopefully I'll work something out :o:
    God I'm out of practice of this gym malarkey. I also never realised how uncomfortable it is working out while all the rowers are in there.
    Yeh I also hate that. Fortunately its mostly much older people in Fenners when I'm in there. The students tend to go as individuals rather than groups, which helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Oh no I'm so unlucky!!! I have to go to London on Friday night to spend dinner with my Uncle and Father the only time my Dad's going to be in the country for awhile. I think my Shadowing is at the same time :>.<: What do I do!!!? :afraid:
    Don't panic! Just email your college Access officer and let them know and they might be able to sort something out. There might be someone else who signed up for shadowing who can take over with your shadow. I'm sure they or the CUSU Access officer will be able to sort something out.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like he's targeting Cambridge non-subs.
    Nope, it was to all non subs across the forum. Why would I specifically target Cambridge non-subs? :p:

(Original post by minimo)
    I just got a PM from LH123 with the " :upyours: " as the message...???!!!
    (Original post by Crazy_emz)
    So did I......rather odd!
    (Original post by Excalibur)
    I got that PM from LH123 too.
    (Original post by emilY?)
    but I also got an "up yours" smiley from LH123... to whom I cannot return one as they can't be PMd... hmm!
    (Original post by Y__)
    one from LH123 saying " :upyours: ". Since I can't remember saying anything offensive, and since neither of them mentions me in person, I guess this is some... errr... "funny" prank since subs can send mass-PMs to like everyone on TSR, is that correct?
    Was nothing personal and, looking back on it, a rather foolish thing to do. I hope I caused no real offence. :top2:

I would also like to point out mine and Jonah Ramone's PMs were entirely seperate.

Oh, and in case you are wondering I only stumbled across these posts as Cragy mentioned I had caused a little bit of a stir here, I apologise.

((And to anyone who has spoken to me in here before, this will perhaps be my last trip here as I finally got rejected and thus will not be spamming chatting in here. :wavey:))
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Well I first heard about it in here, and as it was the upyours smiley I wondered if it was related to your rejection :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well I first heard about it in here, and as it was the upyours smiley I wondered if it was related to your rejection :p:
    Ahaha, no. I wasn't that cut up about it, to be perfectly honest - thankfully I had not set my heart on Cambridge.

It was an interesting social experiment.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I didn't think so, but that was all the info I had to hand :p:

ReputationRep:
    oh FFS, I realised a I missed out a word in the PS I sent to sodding UCL. Well it's not a typo but it would have made it flow better and DOES NOT HELP IT WAS IN SENTENCE NUMBER 2. No jokes, I did the same thing with UCAS. Great, just great.

*kills self*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH123)
    ((And to anyone who has spoken to me in here before, this will perhaps be my last trip here as I finally got rejected and thus will not be spamming chatting in here. :wavey:))
    :bawling:

And 'social experiment'? :shifty:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Well it clearly didn't matter on UCAS - so hopefully you'll get away with it this time too

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.