Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I'm totally freaking out now, I think I found another typo, I *think* I corrected this one on the draft I sent but I'm not 100% sure. I actually feel deathly ill. There goes one application I was really hoping for an offer out of. I guess at least it wasn't Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    :bawling:

And 'social experiment'? :shifty:
    :sad: :console:

Well, it was not originally intended as such but some of the replies were interesting insights into certain peoples minds.

Quite a few were fairly confused, asking what they have done and at least 50% of those were accompanied by some sort of sad face, the most popular being "".

Unsurprisingly a lot of reactions were fairly angry and abusive, ranging from merely, "**** you" to ingenious (and I use that term sarcastically) pictures of people ******* a woman labelled, " your mother".

And then there were a select few who I felt compelled to reply to as they were more interesting than most.

ReputationRep:
    it's just pissing me off coz I spent ages perfecting my PS and was actually really proud of it and now I'm going to be let down by a 2 letter word

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH123)
    :sad: :console:

Well, it was not originally intended as such but some of the replies were interesting insights into certain peoples minds.

Quite a few were fairly confused, asking what they have done and at least 50% of those were accompanied by some sort of sad face, the most popular being "".

Unsurprisingly a lot of reactions were fairly angry and abusive, ranging from merely, "**** you" to ingenious (and I use that term sarcastically) pictures of people ******* a woman labelled, " your mother".

And then there were a select few who I felt compelled to reply to as they were more interesting than most.
    I see.

I thought you meant your application to Cambridge was a social experiment :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I see.

I thought you meant your application to Cambridge was a social experiment :rofl:
    Looooooooool.

Nah, that was a stab in the dark. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I must have missed something...I was sure you posted here after getting an offer from Fitz I recall saying something about the Fitz DoS, I think.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no I'm so unlucky!!! I have to go to London on Friday night to spend dinner with my Uncle and Father the only time my Dad's going to be in the country for awhile. I think my Shadowing is at the same time :>.<: What do I do!!!? :afraid:
    Ouch... well I'm not taking your shadow off you :p:

Well I successfully procrastinated Electronics by doing my Maths holday work, some of it anyway. I literally cannot do a single question from the electronics and will have no time to do it on wednesday. Tomorrow is going to be very very hectic and possibly uncomfortable late/early.

Playing in a ceilidh tonight though

ReputationRep:
    I am so profusely pissed off with my department!!!!
    Last term they did this whole thing where they changed the date of two lecture series about three times in the space of four days after only releasing these dates and times the literal first day of term.
    So you'd think that they'd have stopped this. But oh no! We just now got an email to say that one of this term's lecture series is not at 9am on Tuesday mornings but 12 on Thursdays, which means that most of us missed the first lecture last week. Apparently we were told about this last term sometime :mad:
    I'm annoyed because its my favourite lecture series and favourite speaker this term, and because it means there's now a lecture in the same spot this week as I'm meeting with a friend, after the friend and I rearranged our dates THREE TIMES to find a slot we could both make!!!

:motz2:

That and the shadowing double date too. Argh argh argh argh! :argh:

*breathes*
    :hugs: It'll all be ok

now to write some cheques, I hate doing this, numbers are hard to spell

also are number like twenty eight hyphenated?

ReputationRep:
    my DoS has invited us for "some s-o'-t drinks" What does s-o'-t mean??!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I have absolutely no idea, I've never heard of that before!

It doesnt matter whether you hyphenate or not on cheques smilepea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)
    :hugs: It'll all be ok
    Thanks. The rant helped. And I called my friend and she burst out laughing at how unlucky it is, which helped.

I don't hyphenate numbers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    my DoS has invited us for "some s-o'-t drinks" What does s-o'-t mean??!
    I would assume he means "start of term".

ReputationRep:
    Aha!

I googled it and the first result was 'society of toxicology' - I was a bit concerned.

ReputationRep:
    K.T. and Zoedotdot:

The dates on the spreadsheet for shadowing don't correspond with the dates in Charlotte's email. Do you know which are correct?

ReputationRep:
    Aha!

I googled it and the first result was 'society of toxicology' - I was a bit concerned.
    Yeah, start of term seems much more appealing than toxic cocktails!

ReputationRep:
    K.T. and Zoedotdot:

The dates on the spreadsheet for shadowing don't correspond with the dates in Charlotte's email. Do you know which are correct?
    Its 29-31st, 5-7th, 12-14th

She knows some of her dates were a bit off and I think she's going to send another email at some point!

I do like the amount of access officers on here :p:

ReputationRep:
    Aha!

I would have thought that the one thing to remember to do at a Society of Toxicology party would be to not touch the drinks :p:

My space bar isn't working properly. It sometimes fails, forcing me to go through putting all the spaces in.

ReputationRep:
    craggy is it this friday your shadow is lurking, or next friday? If next friday I can take them to a party if you like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    craggy is it this friday your shadow is lurking, or next friday? If next friday I can take them to a party if you like

NO ALCOHOL :judge:

:p:

But yeah... no alcohol for ikkle shadows

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilY?)
    NO ALCOHOL :judge:

:p:

But yeah... no alcohol for ikkle shadows
    Part of the fun of having a shadow is getting them drunk- everyone knows that! It's a tradition as old and as respected as this very university :yep:

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.