Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Grrrr :mad: . Here's how all the evidence suggests physics practicals are arranged:
    I think in your case it's probably more to do with you doing compsci (apparently lots of the compscis are together)

(Original post by Supergrunch)
    blah blah linguistics blah
    There was a paper posted to the Arxiv today that's something to do with language and I thought of you.

ReputationRep:
    I should probably post this...

• CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I didn't change my name for fun guys. Please take my name out of your posts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    I didn't change my name for fun guys. Please take my name out of your posts.
    Oh, I'm sorry. Didn't know that this was the reason, I have edited my post now.

ReputationRep:
    ooh, i am unused to this whole exercise lark. Just did an hour and a half of circuits and i hurt. But in a good way. I would insert the crutches smiley here but i don't know the code!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermerp)
    There was a paper posted to the Arxiv today that's something to do with language and I thought of you.
    I know Pierrehumbert, but tend to disagree with her somewhat violently. Still, this study seems cool.
    (Original post by ukebert)
    I should probably post this...
    [image]
    I had a seminar this morning that opened with an xkcd comic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supergrunch)
    I know Pierrehumbert, but tend to disagree with her somewhat violently. Still, this study seems cool.

I had a seminar this morning that opened with an xkcd comic.
    Which one? :teeth:

I've had a fantastic evening 16 hands of Bridge, one after the other for 3 hours :coma:

I didn't play too badly. I even bid and made 4H in spectacular style, without wonderful stoppers in the minors. The hearts split was perfect, I made the finesse, over-trumped my own ace, ah it was wonderful :p:

Then again, there were some really shoddy rounds, some my fault some my partner's (who I had never played with before). All in all fairly creditable. We did lose by about 40 points overall our team, but since we were playing the best players in the university, including the University Captain, it was quite respectable

I am going to bed very soon.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer "Go fish" to "Bridge", tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melancholy)
    I prefer "Go fish" to "Bridge", tbh
    "Ewww" :p:

You made a decision re: Cambridge yet? :poke: This probably isn't the best forum to help you make a reasoned unbiased choice though :p:

ReputationRep:
    Not really, no :p: I must go to bed now though. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure in the morning many people will have urged you to come here. Myself not least :p:

And bed sounds like a singularly attractive proposition I must admit :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    I'm never up this late. I don't know what has happened to me :eek:

ReputationRep:

I've had a fantastic evening 16 hands of Bridge, one after the other for 3 hours :coma:

I didn't play too badly. I even bid and made 4H in spectacular style, without wonderful stoppers in the minors. The hearts split was perfect, I made the finesse, over-trumped my own ace, ah it was wonderful :p:

Then again, there were some really shoddy rounds, some my fault some my partner's (who I had never played with before). All in all fairly creditable. We did lose by about 40 points overall our team, but since we were playing the best players in the university, including the University Captain, it was quite respectable

I am going to bed very soon.
    Do you post all this just because no one has any idea what you're on about? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    Do you post all this just because no one has any idea what you're on about? :p:
    You noticed

Yeah, I do :o:

ReputationRep:
    I've been writing this essay since 1pm only taking a break for dinner :bawling:

:banghead:
    (Original post by Y__)
    I love the fact that our course is advertised by a duck.
    A universal duck? :p:

ReputationRep:
    This one.

Argle glarg, the van of death is not so good even when drunk... Still, my typing prowess is (hopefully) unaffected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    A universal duck? :p:
    Duck dynamics are the domain of applied mathematicians. They don't deal with truths anyways, universal or not, they deal with models :p: .

*starts to think about doing a PhD in applied maths just to be the leading duck dynamicist on the planet at one point *

ReputationRep:
    :sigh:
    This is the hardest essay I've done, and I just want to sleep and I'm completely panicking about tomorrow's 2 supervisions and lectures because I'm going to be a zombie, and my essay is crap. (Its 1800 words arguing one point with a u bend following onto an unrelated point in the other direction...) :shot:
    Oh well... :work:

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry craggy, I still have to do about 5 hours worth of reading to prepare for tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Don't worry craggy, I still have to do about 5 hours worth of reading to prepare for tomorrow
    :hugs:
    Thanks. I've gotten over the worst hurdle now, thank goodness. I don't much like that I had to use wikipedia for it, but that can't be helped.

Ok. Now to think of some criticisms...:stupido:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.