Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Oh no :>.<: I'm glad I wasn't there for that, KT.

Not this year she hasn't...

.. and this brings me to the important point of our first TSR Meet this term, which will be a

Clare Formal on Monday the 2cnd of February so please put this in your diaries everyone. Now :hmmm:

I spoke to Lidia and she said this is fine.

:bawling: I can't make it that day... I must be doomed for TSR meets... First one in october i couldn't make either...
    I swear, somebody up there just doesn't want me to talk to you other than through a keyboard :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegluups)
    :bawling: I can't make it that day... I must be doomed for TSR meets... First one in october i couldn't make either...
    I swear, somebody up there just doesn't want me to talk to you other than through a keyboard :shifty:
    There will be others. We chose this date because Athena is here from Oxford for her postgrad interview then.

ReputationRep:
    There will be others. We chose this date because Athena is here from Oxford for her postgrad interview then.
    Will you be going somewhere else afterwards? Maypole/Mitre?

EDIT : yeah my speech is for the first time in the last 4 hours under 10 minutes :yep: :yep: :happy2: :groovy:

ReputationRep:
    oh whoever started talking about ede and ravenscroft, that stuff is LUSH. Men should wear that kind of thing all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegluups)
    Will you be going somewhere else afterwards? Maypole/Mitre?
    Probably, but that kind of stuff will probably be decided much closer to the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    oh whoever started talking about ede and ravenscroft, that stuff is LUSH. Men should wear that kind of thing all the time.
    Yeh, I'm annoyed that the friend I was describing earlier didn't come to my party. He was going to (according to facebook) He's the person you once PMd me about minimo

ReputationRep:
    Probably, but that kind of stuff will probably be decided much closer to the time.

Sorry.. i either never plan/ or plan way too much ahead...:rolleyes:

anyway g'night , moot tomorrow... must not fall asleep when it's the respondent's turn :sleep:

ReputationRep:
    :hello:
    Lol - Magdalene clearly took their white tie description straight from wikipedia!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I'm annoyed that the friend I was describing earlier didn't come to my party. He was going to (according to facebook) He's the person you once PMd me about minimo
    Arghhhhhh, :o:

ReputationRep:
    Arghhhhhh, :o:
    If you purchase my spare Peterhouse May Ball ticket, however, you will be guaranteed several hours viewing of the gentleman in his best attire! :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    If you purchase my spare Peterhouse May Ball ticket, however, you will be guaranteed several hours viewing of the gentleman in his best attire! :hubba:
    I'm not £150 (or whatever it is) worth of desperate. :p:

besides facebook's there for that kinda thing. :flute:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not £150 (or whatever it is) worth of desperate. :p:

besides facebook's there for that kinda thing. :flute:
    £130.
    Chosen all your balls, then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    Formal evening dress for gentlemen consists of the following elements:

* Black tailcoat with silk (ribbed or satin) facings, sharply cut-away at the front.
    * Matching black trousers trimmed with braid or satin on the outside of each trouser leg.
    * White stiff-fronted shirt, with cotton pique/Marcella dickie (sometimes known as a tuxedo front or tux front: a false shirt-front, usually attached to the collar and then tucked into the cummerbund), boiled or heavily starched.
    * White bow tie (usually cotton pique).
    * White low-cut waistcoat (usually cotton pique, matching the bow tie and dickie.)
    * Formal shoes and dress socks should be black.

Shirt studs and cufflinks should traditionally be silver or white. A white handkerchief is also worn.

There are a number of optional accessories that gentlemen may wish to add. These include white gloves, whte scarf, black silk top hat, opera cloak/cape or overcoat for outdoors, and a black cane.
    im gonna have to work a white tie ball just to perv. I'm a bit predictable.

ReputationRep:
    £130.
    Chosen all your balls, then?
    well trinity and probs trinity hall june event. I can't afford anymore, realllly. I wouldn't do trinity but my friend's never been so will i kinda have to do that,

I really like the idea of a white tie ball though hmmmm...

Are there any peterhouse tickets still availale? (sorry am lazy to read back!) I'd be interested in doing that instead of trin hall, potentially - if you had another spare that would be ace coz my friend mentioned wanting to go to a white tie ball the other day. :p:

ReputationRep:
    well trinity and probs trinity hall june event. I can't afford anymore, realllly. I wouldn't do trinity but my friend's never been so will i kinda have to do that,

I really like the idea of a white tie ball though hmmmm...

Are there any peterhouse tickets still availale? (sorry am lazy to read back!) I'd be interested in doing that instead of trin hall, potentially :p:
    sigh...
    Why am I still up? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    oo merci!

I fell asleep between 9 pm and 1 am, I don't quite know what to do now :/

ReputationRep:
    oo merci!

I fell asleep between 9 pm and 1 am, I don't quite know what to do now :/
    Work? I just committed the error of enthusiastically and successfully reading another chapter of my book, but stopping just before the chapter that actually would be useful for tomorrow's supervision... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared I'll mess up my sleeping pattern unless I get back to bed.

I have hot choc though!

ReputationRep:
    I have hot choc though!
    Argh *envy* Yeh I need to sleep like now. Supervision in 7hrs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supergrunch)
    Wait, are you talking about my college? If not, that's a hilarious coincidence. Actually, seems most likely as I don't think you know the Will in question...
    I know of a Will who you might know who fits the bill :flute:.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.