Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhen Lin)
    Go pick up a copy of this week's Varsity. :p: It's a selection of the 100 most "important" (or something) students in Cambridge.
    Am I on there? No?

(Original post by groovy_moose)
    While there was needless religious offence coming from Beattie, as far as i'm concerned, the kind of attitude that Green has is (imo) very needlessly offensive against non-straight people... It's just that he has a Bible, so he has 'evidence' to back up his position...
    I also find it ceaselessly fascinating (along with quite a lot of the rest of the world, i think) that some followers of a religion that claims to be so loving and tolerant can be so unbelievably hateful. Now i realise that this is not at all how he sees it. As far as he is concerned, because you are choosing to sin by rejecting the help of God to change to being straight and also throwing Jesus out with it, his position is justified - The thing that annoys me is that i suspect he couldn't empathise (thats' not quite the right word, but i mean, think it through the way other people do) with the way those that oppse him think...
    This. It worries me, hugely, that people can make judgements against other people on what is (for me) such flimsy evidence. Personally I cannot see a shred of evidence either for or against a God. I genuinely have no idea on whether there is one or not, nor do I have any idea whether we will be able to find out (except by personal revelation, which is a different kind of proof). This may sounds like I have nothing to contribute on Religion, but if you search for my posts in the religion sub-forum you'll find that this isn't the case

Right. Drawing in 25 minutes. Must pack for sailing and not curl up and go to sleep. I've already had enough of that in Linear Circuits :dry:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Will come if I can get out of erging.
    Where was the announcement about Formal? Somehow I missed it...

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah - I don't think I'll be going to the formal. Turning up at a college where I know no-one to meet several people I've never met before in a strange location and proceeding to eat a meal I have no idea how to reserve is too much hassle :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhen Lin)
    I have just read in Varsity 100 that a fresher this year has 23 A levels. Indeed, the entirety of his entry reads, "Nawaz has 23 A-levels. This is a world record."
    ... do you even have 23 different subjets?

ReputationRep:
    Is it the 2008 Oliver Wyman Varsity 100 on the front or 2009?

ReputationRep:
    Takeaway recommendations? There's that Chinese I keep getting leaflets for (I'm sure you know the one) but was just wondering if anyone knew of any others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lottie)
    Takeaway recommendations? There's that Chinese I keep getting leaflets for (I'm sure you know the one) but was just wondering if anyone knew of any others.
    flying wok isn't too bad as far as greasy chinese takeaways go.

wagamammas do takeaway too, and they're infinitely nicer

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. Have done the Flying Wok before and that was fine but my boyfriend follows a gluten-free diet so Chinese takeaways aren't the best for him. Do you have to collect from Wagamama? And is Dojo still going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Clare Formal on Monday the 2cnd of February so please put this in your diaries everyone. Now :hmmm:.
    Can I use my right to dine at High Table and look down on you plebs? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadeToBlackout)
    Can I use my right to dine at High Table and look down on you plebs? :p:
    No :p:

I will be there

ReputationRep:
    PANIC ATTACK

Moot in half an hour... and I'm not prepared... (as in im going to be reading of y notes...) :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    Has anyone mentioned the debate yet btw? I definitely saw CPF/TWW there (as always)... I was loving every minute of it

James Beatie vs. Stephen Green = amazing!
    I noticed you there too

I enjoyed it a lot as well; I think it was the best debate I've been to. Also, I brought my friend from school along to it and he loved the experience. It wasn't just the content of the debate but the quality of the floor speakers which made it a good night. There were so many good contributions; it seemed the everything that could be said was said.

I abstained as I didn't think a person's sexuality was important. I was flirting with doing a last-minute "I am Spartacus" conversion but I stuck with my instinct in the end. Although if I had voted "aye" that would have made it a 130-130 draw!

By the way, KT, I shall not be going to the IndieSoc thing today. I've not been very productive in the last few days so I've got to focus and the Cambridge medievalists formal means even more time I should be spending working. It's a shame - it's exactly the kind of thing I'd been wanting to go to - but I need to buckle down, especially to ensure that this supervision essay isn't as bad as my last one. Have fun though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chess Piece Face)
    By the way, KT, I shall not be going to the IndieSoc thing today. I've not been very productive in the last few days so I've got to focus and the Cambridge medievalists formal means even more time I should be spending working. It's a shame - it's exactly the kind of thing I'd been wanting to go to - but I need to buckle down, especially to ensure that this supervision essay isn't as bad as my last one. Have fun though! [/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
    Productive

I've done no work today; felt ill earlier and now I'm gradually writing the remaining bits of my Psychology essay. :sigh: Then Kant reading, which I actually like :p:

ReputationRep:
    I've done no work today either...

I'M SO BORED

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    I've done no work today either...

I'M SO BORED
    :ditto:

although dynamics 1 is due in on monday afternoon ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)
    :ditto:

although dynamics 1 is due in on monday afternoon ...
    Ouch. Mine's not in for over 2 weeks yet. Though that's because we have grad students supervising us. And it looks impossible

I don't like Siklos as a lecturer at all.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't looked at it properly yet, but it doesn't look like we can do all of it.

Same with analysis Though I have 'till Tuesday, so he has another lecture to impart a hell of a lot of wisdom onto me.

ReputationRep:
    Poor Mathmos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    I'm really only sticking to the cross trainer and bike for cardio because I need to get the blubber off my thighs :p: (i know you cant spot reduce fat, buttt). I think I'm going to tackle the rower next :eek: :p: You know I was actually thinking of taking up rowing the other day but a) I have aboat phobia and b) I think some cambridge experiences are for minimo at least better left unexperienced :p:

Ohhhhh Crags, your antistitch tips really worked. I didn't get any today
    if you do have a go on one of the rowing machines, MAKE SURE you get someone to show you how to use one properly. They look simple enough but getting the technique right is so important, otherwise you could injure yourself. My mum hurt her back badly. Its worth getting t right, and not difficult once you know how, cos its such an all over work out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    if you do have a go on one of the rowing machines, MAKE SURE you get someone to show you how to use one properly. They look simple enough but getting the technique right is so important, otherwise you could injure yourself. My mum hurt her back badly. Its worth getting t right, and not difficult once you know how, cos its such an all over work out.
    Craggy's going to be showing me stuffs on Monday ( :love: ) so I'll get her to show me

Nice seeing you and ftb today

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.