Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Oh yeah - I don't think I'll be going to the formal. Turning up at a college where I know no-one to meet several people I've never met before in a strange location and proceeding to eat a meal I have no idea how to reserve is too much hassle :p:
    I'm planning to do much the same, provided that I am invited of course. :p:

ReputationRep:
    You adventurous little souls, you

Gesar - don't you row? Formal swaps must terrify you :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    Craggy's going to be showing me stuffs on Monday ( :love: ) so I'll get her to show me

Nice seeing you and ftb today
    i'm free monday too if you want any additional advice on using rowing machines. It'd be good to see you too.

ReputationRep:
    ******* gyroscopes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeezebox)
    @mathmos: I have vect. calc in for monday, and am I right in thinking that we can't do more than half of the sheet yet?
    Actually, the lecturer has said enough that with some generalisations (for instance, the need for a correction factor when integrating over different coordinates is also true in three dimensions, and the factor is given by the scalar triple product) and careful thought, you could do the whole sheet. Mine is due on Tuesday for a Wednesday supervision...

Still no idea when my first Analysis I supervision (or for that matter, who the supervisor is) will be though. Hopefully not next week...

ReputationRep:
    There's been another assault on the route from Robinson to the physics department. It's getting pretty depressing/worrying now.

In other news, weekend! Woooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    i'm free monday too if you want any additional advice on using rowing machines. It'd be good to see you too.
    yay, sure

I can't quite remember if Craggy's gonna join me for lunch in hall (must check PMs :o: ) but either way you're very welcome to join me toooo. I think we're going to Trinity gym after

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermerp)
    There's been another assault on the route from Robinson to the physics department. It's getting pretty depressing/worrying now.

In other news, weekend! Woooo
    yeah, I noticed in an email for Trin's Burrell's field Ent that college were organising for people to be walked over (and also back? Im not sure). That strruck me as worrying as the ent starts at 7.45 and you should have to worry for your safety at that time of the evening. I've decided to keep my meanderings around that area to daylight hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    yeah, I noticed in an email for Trin's Burrell's field Ent that college were organising for people to be walked over (and also back? Im not sure). That strruck me as worrying as the ent starts at 7.45 and you should have to worry for your safety at that time of the evening. I've decided to keep my meanderings around that area to daylight hours.
    The one this week (and I think most of them) have been quite a long way from there. The most recent was on the Coton footpath.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Guys, whereabouts at this time of night could I get hold of a load of hair stuff (clips bobbles spray etc) and an eyeliner brush? Dont think I've ever seen that stuff in sainsburys.

ReputationRep:
    Tesco? I guess everywhere else, apart from Sainsbury's, will be closed by now....
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Yeah, I'd rather not traipse the 45 minutes to asda if I can help it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeezebox)
    *light bulbs flashes* - I remember a while ago reading about jacobians, I'm guessing these are what I need?
    Yes, that's equivalent.

ReputationRep:
    One of the brake cables on my bike broke, and it's the one that connected the strong brake. The one that remains intact is not strong enough to risk cycling down Castle Hill (not even any other slopes) or to stop abruptly in order to avoid running over tourists.
    I'm probably going to take it to the bike shop tomorrow, but that's on Mill Rd and therefore quite a long walk from here... I need my bike !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    One of the brake cables on my bike broke, and it's the one that connected the strong brake. The one that remains intact is not strong enough to risk cycling down Castle Hill (not even any other slopes) or to stop abruptly in order to avoid running over tourists.
    I'm probably going to take it to the bike shop tomorrow, but that's on Mill Rd and therefore quite a long walk from here... I need my bike !
    Whereabouts do you live, roughly? There's probably one or two places closer than Mill Road

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    Poor Mathmos
    Quite.

(wait, was there a specific reason for that?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    Whereabouts do you live, roughly? There's probably one or two places closer than Mill Road
    Fitz (on Castle Hill). I know there are some shops in the city centre, it's just that the one on Mill Rd is where I bought it, so I reckoned it might be best to go there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    Fitz (on Castle Hill). I know there are some shops in the city centre, it's just that the one on Mill Rd is where I bought it, so I reckoned it might be best to go there...
    Oh, fair enough. Probably won't make that much difference unless it's in warantee still, but it depends on the shop. Your porters don't do repairs do they? I know Jesus has a bike porter who can do some things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    Oh, fair enough. Probably won't make that much difference unless it's in warantee still, but it depends on the shop. Your porters don't do repairs do they? I know Jesus has a bike porter who can do some things.
    I don't think there's any warranty on it, so you might be right. Do you know which of the inner city shops is good and will be able to fix a brake cable for a reasonable price in a reasonable time? Unfortunately we don't have a porter who does this kind of stuff.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Turns out sainsburys do not sell hair bands, hair clips, or anything else I could possibly need :hmpf:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.