Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    @vapid slut magician: He is, although I've only seem him post in here once or twice in the last few weeks - you'd probably be better off trying PM or maybe the boatie thread?

On another note: Yay! I feel like I've made a big step towards understanding von Neumann ordinals. Haven't been very productive otherwise, but it's a good start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    ff PLEASE take my name out! :mad:
    Just edit the posts yourself as they come up with an explanation listed - nobody will mind!
    (Original post by minimo)
    :hugs: for the cragster

------

I am back from the gym *insertweightliftingsmileythatCr aggyuses* and I pushed myself really hard :proud:
    Lunch now, then shower then to live in the library for the rest of the day!
    Thanks. I've had a really rubbish day, and I'm still completely mortified about this morning :>.<: If the supervisor already knew me I'd feel better, but this is his first experience: the girl who pesters about supervisions for weeks and then doesn't show :rolleyes:
    I bumped into lavalse on the train back from London and we chatted all the way home. The smiley is [s]dumbells[/s]
    (Original post by minimo)
    Ohhhhh Crags, your antistitch tips really worked. I didn't get any today
    Yay
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    Where was the announcement about Formal? Somehow I missed it...
    Do you have me on facebook? If not PM me to sort out adding and I'll send a facebook invite once the thing is confirmed. Its 2cnd of Feb
    (Original post by thegluups)
    PANIC ATTACK

Moot in half an hour... and I'm not prepared... (as in im going to be reading of y notes...) :bawling:
    At least you didn't sleep through it. I forgot to mention that the supervisor I bluffed shares his office with my DoS :sigh:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    Productive

I've done no work today; felt ill earlier and now I'm gradually writing the remaining bits of my Psychology essay. :sigh: Then Kant reading, which I actually like :p:
    I found the Kant reading last year really cool! Don't forget to read the additional essay on the reading list in addition to the Perpetual Peace one (the extra had the word 'cosmopolitan' in it) They're both quite short and I felt it gave me a much richer understanding.
    (Original post by Supermerp)
    There's been another assault on the route from Robinson to the physics department. It's getting pretty depressing/worrying now.
    Is that the one that's quite a bit out? What sort of assault?
    (Original post by Supermerp)
    In other news, weekend! Woooo
    Yeh - library time.
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    The Cambridge Cycle Centre is also good. Its on free school lane. Its small so they sometimes have a back log. The market/car park guys are cheapest though.
    I don't think that's Free School Lane, its a tiny lane connecting Kings Parade/Trumpington st with Free School Lane. I assume Apagg was referring to it when he said 'next to Jet Photographic'. Or did you mean the weird garagey thing on FSL that isn't marked or signposted in any way?
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Still... You might just be nice people who happen to want to hurt me :p: Nah, I don't generally make good first impressions, as Brimstone will attest. I think it's best if I don't get thrust into an awkward social situation with complete strangers that will last for several hours in which I'll be forced to interact :o:
    I appreciate if you're not comfortable with the idea, but surely you can just pop into the place we go to after the formal, and then leave after 10mins if you find it awkward? We'll all be mildly tipsy/loud/confused and minimally attentive by then.
    (Original post by Y__)
    Re: formal - I'm not sure whether I'll be able to come, but I'll decide quickly. Gesar, you should consider going, I was at the last TSR meet, and I didn't talk a lot, which might have been a bit awkward, but it was still nice!
    I missed meeting you
    I'm really looking forward to Clare And it being the first TSR meet in Cambridge where I'll have stayed for more than fifteen minutes :p:
    :ditto:
    (Original post by vapid slut magician)
    is chewwy still around btw? after some generally stalking I've been laid to believe he has a video of my jelly wrestling/arrest which id very much like to see...
    Yeh - why don't you PM him? Or go to 'member list', type chewwy into search (or click his name on an old post), click on his profile and view the most recent activity and posts.

ReputationRep:
    Thats some quite dedicated quoting and responding you've got going there, Craggy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fumblewomble)
    Thats some quite dedicated quoting and responding you've got going there, Craggy!
    I had an alert once for turning half a page DeepSkyBlue with five consecutive posts :o: I don't want to tarnish my squeaky-clean warning free record :p:

And visesh used to constantly nag me about it :dry: and occasionally Scipio :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oh I wasn't criticising, I was just amused.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Still... You might just be nice people who happen to want to hurt me :p: Nah, I don't generally make good first impressions, as Brimstone will attest. I think it's best if I don't get thrust into an awkward social situation with complete strangers that will last for several hours in which I'll be forced to interact :o:
    You sound quite similar to me in that respect so I completely sympathise. However I've recently decided that the only way to get over it is to be "thrust into an awkward social situation" more often. It's not easy but, as I tell myself, it will be worth it in the long run. :yep:

(Original post by Craghyrax)
    Do you have me on facebook? If not PM me to sort out adding and I'll send a facebook invite once the thing is confirmed. Its 2cnd of Feb
    I don't think I have you on Facebook; I've sent you a PM.

On a completely unrelated note, judging on the burger and chips I am currently eating: VOL > VOD. :p:

ReputationRep:
    This term is far harder to organise than I realised.
    SOC1 - I have one supervisor thank goodness, with three supervisions for this term.
    INT1 - I (now) have a supervisor for my Project (if he doesn't toss me aside in disgust) and a PhD supervisor for my Methodology essay. Both will arrange three supervisions during the term at our first meetings, which means waiting on that info.
    SOC2 - I have a different supervisor for each of my six essays, which means I'm waiting on two PhD students to reply to emails, and there's another extra that will appear at some other point in term :sigh:

Why couldn't I just be at a college with an organised DoS who spread things out really evenly and coordinated everything?

(Original post by fumblewomble)
    Oh I wasn't criticising, I was just amused.
    Glad something positive came of it :p:

ReputationRep:
    You sound quite similar to me in that respect so I completely sympathise. However I've recently decided that the only way to get over it is to be "thrust into an awkward social situation" more often. It's not easy but, as I tell myself, it will be worth it in the long run. :yep:
    I'm awkward in social situations with large numbers of people as a rule, so I don't really differentiate.
    I don't think I have you on Facebook; I've sent you a PM.
    *checks*

ReputationRep:
    Ethical procrastination?

ReputationRep:
    this is no time to be awake
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I can't abuse my mod powers just for editing things I don't like.

The road you are describing is indeed not Free School Lane, but Botolph Lane.
    I wish I was asleep.

ReputationRep:
    Ethical procrastination?
    the child on that FB page...

ReputationRep:
    ok.... this i getting annoying... i now have 5 things i'm supposed to attend on the 2d of February... why does everybody seem to be choosing that date :confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegluups)
    ok.... this i getting annoying... i now have 5 things i'm supposed to attend on the 2d of February... why does everybody seem to be choosing that date :confused: :confused:
    :console: I'm making sure I'm very free :p:

So far this morning, I've paid my college bill, posted a letter and put a colour wash on! A very productive morning so far; hopefully, the work I start shortly will follow similarly!

But, I've got a 60p fine from the SPS library as I want to keep a book that they wanted back yesterday :o:

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I shall go to formal with you's lot. I'm in a much better mood today.

When and where is Clare?

ReputationRep:
    :console: I'm making sure I'm very free :p:

So far this morning, I've paid my college bill, posted a letter and put a colour wash on! A very productive morning so far; hopefully, the work I start shortly will follow similarly!

But, I've got a 60p fine from the SPS library as I want to keep a book that they wanted back yesterday :o:

ahhhh this productivity at this time in the morning is very scary! i have only just woken up!
    im holding off doing my laundry for as long as possible

ReputationRep:
    Ethical procrastination?
    I've donated 720 grains of rice via www.freerice.com instead of doing my development essay

ReputationRep:
    Is that the one that's quite a bit out? What sort of assault?
    Yes, it was on the Coton footpath. I don't know about this one but the previous ones I've been told about have been robberies. They're all late at night and in an area where not many people actually go at that time but unfortunately I'm one of those people. And given that there aren't that many people 2 in a month and 4 in (I think) 2 months on one small stretch of road/footpath feels like a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavalse)
    ahhhh this productivity at this time in the morning is very scary! i have only just woken up!
    Oh bugger, Saturday's my laundry day as well But I have two lectures before I can even imagine doing something productive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavalse)
    Yeh, I tried to hold off doing my laundry for longer but I ran out of underwear :p:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.