Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Ok, I shall go to formal with you's lot. I'm in a much better mood today.

When and where is Clare?
    2nd Feb. Clare is the college between Kings and Tit Hall.

Tickets will go on sale 6 days before, so if everyone can reply on facebook by then, that'd be helpful. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Facebook event?

Owen or Craggy'll have to invite me.

ReputationRep:
    i can't believe no one seems mentioned this - that is the occupation of the law faculty in solidarity with gaza
    what you all think? brave stand? or just really efficent procrastination?
    any TSRers there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munro90)
    i can't believe no one seems mentioned this - that is the occupation of the law faculty in solidarity with gaza
    any TSRers there?
    oh yes i knew about this!! i probably would have been there if i didnt have to go to my grandma's birthday dinner yesterday

ReputationRep:
    This will turn those tanks around (if they hadn't stopped already)

Again, this just seems unfair on anyone who wants to use the faculty for academic reasons (i.e. the thing they pay £3k a year for), though I suppose the impact's reduced by holding it at the weekend. Very Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    :console: I'm making sure I'm very free :p:

So far this morning, I've paid my college bill, posted a letter and put a colour wash on! A very productive morning so far; hopefully, the work I start shortly will follow similarly!

But, I've got a 60p fine from the SPS library as I want to keep a book that they wanted back yesterday :o:
    wow this is very productive

I've been putting off doing my laundry for about a week... but you're running out of underwear.. i'm running out of pair of socks :p:

I've got a choice between laundry and "judicial review" :shifty:

about the tsr meet, i'll try and meet you guys afterwards if you go to a pub, etc.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: at their demands, especially number 6

OCCUPATION CAMBRIDGE
    Cambridge Occupation of the Law Faculty: Student Demands

1. We demand that Cambridge University issue a statement which condemns: Israel’s action in Gaza; the Israeli blockade of Gaza; and the continued Israeli presence in Gaza and the West Bank. This statement is to be issued in solidarity with international peace movements, in particular those in Israel and Palestine.

2. We demand that Cambridge University provide academic aid, particularly books, computers and financial support to universities in Gaza.

3. We demand that Cambridge University commit to a day of fundraising for humanitarian aid in Gaza within the next two weeks, as part of an ongoing commitment to financial support for the humanitarian crisis in Gaza.

4. We demand that Cambridge University grant a minimum of ten scholarships to Palestinian students every year.

5. We demand that Cambridge University and its colleges disinvest from the arms trade in cooperation with the existing Cambridge (and colleges) Against the Arms Trade movement.

6. We demand that no student will face punishment or repercussions, legal or otherwise, for participating in this demonstration.

Cambridge could do a lot worse than simply expelling these idiots, naivety and stupidity is not a good mix for studying here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munro90)
    any TSRers there?
    I like the fact that it's backed up by both palestinians AND israeli peace movements, and its for peace, not just a typical demonstration saying "oooo... israel is evil....."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    :rofl: at their demands, especially number 6

OCCUPATION CAMBRIDGE
    Cambridge Occupation of the Law Faculty: Student Demands

1. We demand that Cambridge University issue a statement which condemns: Israel’s action in Gaza; the Israeli blockade of Gaza; and the continued Israeli presence in Gaza and the West Bank. This statement is to be issued in solidarity with international peace movements, in particular those in Israel and Palestine.

2. We demand that Cambridge University provide academic aid, particularly books, computers and financial support to universities in Gaza.

3. We demand that Cambridge University commit to a day of fundraising for humanitarian aid in Gaza within the next two weeks, as part of an ongoing commitment to financial support for the humanitarian crisis in Gaza.

4. We demand that Cambridge University grant a minimum of ten scholarships to Palestinian students every year.

5. We demand that Cambridge University and its colleges disinvest from the arms trade in cooperation with the existing Cambridge (and colleges) Against the Arms Trade movement.

6. We demand that no student will face punishment or repercussions, legal or otherwise, for participating in this demonstration.

Cambridge could do a lot worse than simply expelling these idiots, naivety and stupidity is not a good mix for studying here
    tbh I fond 1-4 far more LoL :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't get why the 100 people at the protest don't just fundraise themselves, it would be a far more effective way of helping
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I agree Apagg, its a complete waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    I agree Apagg, its a complete waste of time.
    :ditto:

I hope if they're not gone by Monday morning, the police remove them, so as to allow paying students to get on with what they're here for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lidka)
    2nd Feb. Clare is the college between Kings and Tit Hall.

Tickets will go on sale 6 days before, so if everyone can reply on facebook by then, that'd be helpful. :p:
    I haven't had a Facebook invite :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    I haven't had a Facebook invite :confused:
    That would be because I don't have you on Facebook. :p: I'm relying on Craggy to invite everyone I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lidka)
    That would be because I don't have you on Facebook. :p: I'm relying on Craggy to invite everyone I don't know.
    :p: I've found it on her Facebook now!

ReputationRep:
    How bizarre; while trying to add myself to the event, my Facebook turned itself into German for a minute! :p:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Seems like Saturday's everyone's laundry day on here, I just did two loads in the morning and then my Lucozade bottle leaked on the way to badminton so now I'm doing even more. :mad: And I've got a football match soon so nothing productive is going to happen until after dinner...

ReputationRep:
    Facebook is falling apart these days

Reading about missing women is depressing me, I can only read so many allusions to the practice of deliberate neglect of female children in one morning

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone redirect their Hermes email to a non-webmail account? (Outlook, Entourage, Mail for Mac etc) I've set up an IMAP account on my Entourage, and it's all working fine except the mail I send from Hermes doesn't appear in the sent mail folder of Entourage, and vice versa - it only seems that the inbox is connected. Is this what's supposed to happen? Sorry for the lame question (and if it doesn't make much sense....) - computers aren't particularly my strong point.... (and yes I should've done this at the beginning of the year, but I didn't realise how irritating the Hermes interface will be....)

I need to do my laundry. The laundry I did last Saturday is still hanging up on my towel rack because I haven't yet bothered to fold them up. :p:

ReputationRep:
    You can connect up the sent box too. There's a separate field for it though
    Try the instructions here if you've not already

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.