Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excalibur)
    Does anyone redirect their Hermes email to a non-webmail account? (Outlook, Entourage, Mail for Mac etc) I've set up an IMAP account on my Entourage, and it's all working fine except the mail I send from Hermes doesn't appear in the sent mail folder of Entourage, and vice versa - it only seems that the inbox is connected. Is this what's supposed to happen? Sorry for the lame question (and if it doesn't make much sense....) - computers aren't particularly my strong point.... (and yes I should've done this at the beginning of the year, but I didn't realise how irritating the Hermes interface will be....)
    I use Outlook and had the same problem at first . In Outlook, if you go to Tool > Account Settings..., choose your .cam account, select More Settings.... and then go to the folders tab there is radio button and folder browser where you can specify "Choose an existing folder or create a new folder to save your sent items for this account in". Not OSX user so I have no idea if it's the same for Entourage, but as its also a Microsoft product, *hopefully* the menu's structures are vaguely similar.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I use Hermes - the old blue one :proud:

I added Epi to the event too, as he expressed an interest

ReputationRep:
    Ooh! Looking forward to Clare Formal. Never been, despite having been going out with a Clareite for a year and a half! I wonder if James can still get tickets?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    I missed meeting you
    I was probably being unclear - I was not at your birthday, couldn't make it - what I actually meant was that I was at that TSR meet in The West Wing's room (or was ist CPF's? I forgot) in Michaelmas. I'll try to make it to the formal though.

ReputationRep:
    has anyone booked me a room for 21st feb yet? lol
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    You hadn't said we were arranging something for the Sunday!

ReputationRep:
    im in cambridge tomorrow, but think ill be busy with my friend. which is kind of a shame because i miss that crap hole

ReputationRep:
    This occupation of the law fac thing is really winding me up..
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    It certainly got lost somewhere!

ReputationRep:
    I have just spent 20 mins trying to explain the concept of college marriages to my friend form home :sigh:

Also I was told 25 mins before I was ment to be meeting for my college rugby match that our game was on and then told 10 mins later it was off, gosh darn water logged pitches!!

also mathmos, dynamics lecture today, worst one so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)
    I have just spent 20 mins trying to explain the concept of college marriages to my friend form home :sigh:

Also I was told 25 mins before I was ment to be meeting for my college rugby match that our game was on and then told 10 mins later it was off, gosh darn water logged pitches!!

also mathmos, dynamics lecture today, worst one so far?
    Ah, so I'm not the only one who has some problems with Dynamics? I thought it was just due to me not having done mechanics before... it's a bit sad, because I actually find the topics rather interesting (despite being a pure maths guy) - but I don't quite understand what he's doing and why he's doing it. My college dad, who got a good first last year overall, totally failed the Dynamics part of the corresponding paper.

ReputationRep:
    I tend to agree that there wasn't much exciting in today's Dynamics lecture. If he had proven that there is no gravity inside a uniform spherical shell, maybe...

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm. He's assuming quite some prior knowledge/intuition for physical situations AND a lot of vector calculus, too. Let's see how this goes on.

Anyways, I'm off to the bar for a coffee, then library afterwards to do the Logic&Set Theory example sheet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    Ah, so I'm not the only one who has some problems with Dynamics? I thought it was just due to me not having done mechanics before... it's a bit sad, because I actually find the topics rather interesting (despite being a pure maths guy) - but I don't quite understand what he's doing and why he's doing it. My college dad, who got a good first last year overall, totally failed the Dynamics part of the corresponding paper.
    I just think he's a god awful lecture, speaking to a 2nd year yesterday they said that they just wanted to grab his laptop and crack it over his head! I can really see why!

ReputationRep:
    ok then, dudes, formal's going to have to be on the 1st. Does Clare still do formals on Sundays? If not, what other colleges do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    Facebook is falling apart these days

Reading about missing women is depressing me, I can only read so many allusions to the practice of deliberate neglect of female children in one morning
    oo that sounds like a really interesting dissertation topic. Is SI supervising you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    oo that sounds like a really interesting dissertation topic. Is SI supervising you?
    It's not my dissertation, just a development supervision. My dissertation is on the importance of neglect/investment at an early age in determining social and economic success

ReputationRep:
    oh rubbish, i cant do the first because i have that stupid ********* launch party that i dont wanna go to.

sob

i cant miss a tsr meet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    It's not my dissertation, just a development supervision. My dissertation is on the importance of neglect/investment at an early age in determining social and economic success
    ah ok

ReputationRep:
    I'll be paintballing on the first, sorry

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.