Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    ok then, dudes, formal's going to have to be on the 1st. Does Clare still do formals on Sundays? If not, what other colleges do?
    Nope, sadly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegluups)
    ok.... this i getting annoying... i now have 5 things i'm supposed to attend on the 2d of February... why does everybody seem to be choosing that date :confused: :confused:
    Blame Athena's interviewers, not us!
    (Original post by munro90)
    i can't believe no one seems mentioned this - that is the occupation of the law faculty in solidarity with gaza
    what you all think? brave stand? or just really efficent procrastination?
    any TSRers there?
    Yeh - I'm on the Cambridge Hub. I might be going tomorrow.

To the people on the thread moaning - you are so intolerant of different views and beliefs to your own it is astonishing! Disagree: fine. Make scornful derogatory remarks: Er no.
    (Original post by thegluups)
    I've got a choice between laundry and "judicial review" :shifty:
    Just take the review to the laundrette with you. Ours has a chair for this purpose.
    (Original post by brimstone)
    How bizarre; while trying to add myself to the event, my Facebook turned itself into German for a minute! :p:
    I set it up so that people couldn't invite themselves - only request invites! :hmpf: Stupid facebook...
    (Original post by Y__)
    I was probably being unclear - I was not at your birthday, couldn't make it - what I actually meant was that I was at that TSR meet in The West Wing's room (or was ist CPF's? I forgot) in Michaelmas. I'll try to make it to the formal though.
    No- I knew which one you meant. I meant I was sad I couldn't go to it.
    (Original post by Athena)
    Hey guys, I think I've lost track of what you had planned for when I come over to Cambridge - I definitely can't do anything on Monday 2nd, because I'm being interviewed all day, and then all the interviewees are being taken to Queens'/Queen's for drinks and Hall. I thought we were doing something on Sunday 1st? ...Pages back, Craggy said we should do something on the Sunday night I'm sure I said something!
    :sigh: Nevermind. We'll sort something out.
    (Original post by vapid slut magician)
    has anyone booked me a room for 21st feb yet? lol
    PMing an individual on the thread might work more than simply saying vaguely 'I'd like a room' to the thread at large, and expecting us all to jump to it...
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    ok then, dudes, formal's going to have to be on the 1st. Does Clare still do formals on Sundays? If not, what other colleges do?
    Peterhouse do, but I'll PM the Clareites first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lidka)
    Nope, sadly.
    I wonder if Emmanuel do, but then I'm not even sure Zoe et al would be free to come to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)
    I just think he's a god awful lecture, speaking to a 2nd year yesterday they said that they just wanted to grab his laptop and crack it over his head! I can really see why!
    Haha, today's lecture was hilarious in it's absurdity :p:

Does anyone know what happens with the papers at the end of the year, if we fail one? Because Numbers and Sets is paired with this dynamics mumbo-jumbo - and if it turns out that if we fail a paper we get chucked out then I'm in big trouble! :p:

And I pity physicists

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Haha, today's lecture was hilarious in it's absurdity :p:

Does anyone know what happens with the papers at the end of the year, if we fail one? Because Numbers and Sets is paired with this dynamics mumbo-jumbo - and if it turns out that if we fail a paper we get chucked out then I'm in big trouble! :p:

And I pity physicists
    I think it doesn't matter what we get in each paper just our score over all, ask your college parents?

why do you pity the physicists?

and Caius has formal on Sundays (as dose Trinity I do believe)

ReputationRep:
    Feel free to correct me, but I've heard that Mathmos need something like <5% to fail.....so I'm sure you'll all be fine.

And yes, the law fac occupation is absolutely ridiculous and a complete pain in the ass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jcb914)
    Feel free to correct me, but I've heard that Mathmos need something like <5% to fail.....so I'm sure you'll all be fine.
    I don't know about that ... and the maths papers aren't marked just in percentage terms, it's a whole lot more complicated then that.

ReputationRep:
    If the TSR Formal is definitely the 1st, I won't be able to make it at all!

ReputationRep:
    :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    :banghead:
    Sorry, but when I promised I promised to the 2nd!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, but when I promised I promised to the 2nd!
    Not you - the situation. I loudly said the second so long in advance to ensure that the maximum number of people would be able to come. I'm just frustrated that I?/we miscommunicated with one-another Its just unfortunate.

ReputationRep:
    maybe we could do a lunch meet on the 2nd?

ReputationRep:
    Not you - the situation. I loudly said the second so long in advance to ensure that the maximum number of people would be able to come. I'm just frustrated that I?/we miscommunicated with one-another Its just unfortunate.
    :hugs:

(Original post by Athena)
    ddd
    Surely you're not being interview until 7pm on the 2nd?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    I could probably make that Although from what Athena said, I doubt she can, making it pointless :p:

ReputationRep:
    Surely you're not being interview until 7pm on the 2nd?
    They organised drinks and a formal for the interviewees at Queens on the second

ReputationRep:
    They organised drinks and a formal for the interviewees at Queens on the second
    Damn. Could we not get tickets for Queens' formal? Or is it a special one for interviewees?

ReputationRep:
    Lunch? on a weekday? Hope all you arts students have fun with that. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Damn. Could we not get tickets for Queens' formal? Or is it a special one for interviewees?
    This is quite a cunning idea. However we only have Gesar. And potentially my cousin.
    How to formals work at your college Gesar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Lunch? on a weekday? Hope all you arts students have fun with that. :p:
    argh sorry, I thought it was a sunday, my bad!

it's a bit lame but we could always do tsr formal at clare and athena have her queens formal and then all meet up at a pub or something for afters?

ReputationRep:
    argh sorry, I thought it was a sunday, my bad!
    It's not a Sunday? :eek: Okay, that'd rule me out for the lunch as I have lectures!
    it's a bit lame but we could always do tsr formal at clare and athena have her queens formal and then all meet up at a pub or something for afters?
    I like this idea

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.