Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Dudes I'm NOT SENDING INVITES OUT until we know what's happening and when!!! :hmpf: So please ignore the fb invitation until we actually know what's going on. :hmmm:

I propose the following - (can people please respond to this post)

1: We continue with our plans and have a TSR meet on Monday the 2cnd, Clare formal
    2: Any of us who can, go somewhere for a bite to eat with Athena on Sunday. How about Nandos, or the India House?

Yay or Nay?
    Yes, sounds like a plan.

ReputationRep:
    1: We continue with our plans and have a TSR meet on Monday the 2cnd, Clare formal
    2: Any of us who can, go somewhere for a bite to eat with Athena on Sunday. How about Nandos, or the India House?

Yay or Nay?[/COLOR]
    I'm in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    And I'm just far too used to comparing myself to other people as a measure of my success! I guess I should just be happy with how I'm doing at the moment
    Yes! I think that learning not to worry too much about how others are doing is pretty much the key to being happy at Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)
    Yes, but I here there's going to be some kind of two tear cut off system, something like it's going to be mark + 10x alpha + 3x beta and then set the 2.ii cut off, with the 1st/2.is going into the next round when it's then mark + 30x alpha + 3x beta to determine who gets a first apparently.
    That's what I thought it was anyway :o: Though for some reason I thought they'd do the first/2.i first, but the other way round makes more sense.

ReputationRep:
    Grr, missing dinner means I end up binging on biscuits, which is neither satisfying or healthy.

ReputationRep:
    Dudes I'm NOT SENDING INVITES OUT until we know what's happening and when!!! :hmpf: So please ignore the fb invitation until we actually know what's going on. :hmmm:

Yay or Nay?
    Yay! (Though probs a Nay for Sunday... )

ReputationRep:
    I binge on biscuits anyway, even if I do have dinner.....

2nd Feb Clare formal sounds great to me I still haven't been to any other college's formal apart from Downing and Jesus :o: I probably won't be able to make the Sunday though.

I've spent the past 1.5 hours trying to sort out my email :sigh: I keep telling myself that that was productive...

ReputationRep:
    I'm always ridiculously tired, I don't understand.

Needless to say I have done so little work today. Back to the books.

ReputationRep:
    Due to my infrequent posting in this thread, I'm not sure I have any of you added on Facebook but I hope the formal goes well! For future reference, Catz has formals on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    I can't do the Monday, so I'd but up for informal-keeping-Athena-company meal

ReputationRep:

Yay or Nay?
    I vote for the Sunday meet (mainly 'cos I can't make the Monday)...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    That's what I thought it was anyway :o: Though for some reason I thought they'd do the first/2.i first, but the other way round makes more sense.
    ah sorry I misinterpreted you then.

I've found that watching rugby matches right the way through hall is not sensible when you have no other food :o:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Definitely have the Monday formal.
    Dunno if I'll be back in Cambridge by Sunday night, although if I am I would prefer Nando's given that I can actually eat the food there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermerp)
    That's dependent on college, I think. I just got emails from my DoS. However, since the glorious introduction of CamSIS, it's told me my position in the year on there anywhere. And it's on my transcript. Except the 4th year, oddly.
    Does that mean that you're a postgrad, or that you're final year but it didn't tell you anything on CamSis for Michaelmas?

I think I'm just seriously technically lazy - I was only aware that you could find your classmark on CamSis, not any other info :confused:
    (Original post by Lottie)
    Due to my infrequent posting in this thread, I'm not sure I have any of you added on Facebook but I hope the formal goes well! For future reference, Catz has formals on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
    Welcome to the thread. I remember you from being in the same application cycle on TSR :p: Feel free to come along to either of the meets planned anyway!
    (Original post by K.T.)
    I vote for the Sunday meet (mainly 'cos I can't make the Monday)...
    We're having both now, with some coming on Sunday, some Monday and some both.
    (Original post by fumblewomble)
    :blah:
    You gonna come? :poke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    I can't do the Monday, so I'd but up for informal-keeping-Athena-company meal
    :ditto:

Ps : Craghy, was it you who just added me on facebook? I recognised some people from TSR on the pics, so i'm guessing it was you, but just to check...:p:

ReputationRep:
    Yes
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    It's so dispiriting to work really, really hard and still feel like I'm bottom of the pile, especially because I know that the other linguists take a lot more time off and go out more, whereas I'm regularly working very late. One of them is also dispiritingly honest and can be quite scathing - he was really shocked when our conversation teacher gave him a 2.ii/3rd and me a 2.i/2.ii, because I'm not as good as him in the classes. Stuff like that really knocks my confidence But I guess I do have to focus on how I'm doing. And I know I've improved absolutely masses since I arrived. I just still sometimes feel stupid in comparison Especially because out of my best friends here, one got a first on her first ever medicine essay, and my boyfriend is doing second year courses on the recommendation of his DoS and is also possibly taking up a third year one.
    Seriously - you could be describing my first year! I was predicted 2.1/2.2 roughly all through the year, and the other SPSers in my college had thriving social lives and went out constantly while I had an average bedtime of 4am with about two all nighters a week just trying to keep up with the supervision work - nevermind background reading which they apparently managed. And one of them in particular was really tactless. He used to constantly bump into me in college and ask 'Are you coming to x?' and then after I refused 'pfft you're so boring!' (this in front of others) and then once at a supervision he asked in front of the supervisor 'Are you planning to stay and do Politics next year or are you planning to drop out?' (this after I'd mentioned I was fed up with a supervision essay on facebook the night before) He constantly dropped hints, made jibes throughout the year :reaper:
    So yeh - it sucks. I know. But the good news is that it really gets better. In first year everything is uniform and you do the same essays/work at the same time as everyone else in your year. If you're in the same college its claustrophobic and all the others have a good idea how well or not well you're doing. But in second year when everyone chooses different options, you're much more independent and there's less of that comparative pressure. I think you and I are just unlucky we ended up having the top people in our years sharing colleges with us!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, finish work now, or hope I'll have time in the morning...

ReputationRep:
    You gonna come? :poke:
    Mmm don't think so. :hand: :tong: :ninja: :vroam:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Varsity)
    ...since all considerations of taste and intellect have been defenestrated, we might as well accept the foamy embrace of this adorably enumerated critter. (Octo)
    :laugh:
    (Original post by fumblewomble)
    Mmm don't think so. :hand: :tong: :ninja: :vroam:
    :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    apparently some cambridge students are 'surviving on £3 a day'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-400-week.html

Is that really the case?!?!?!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.