Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Don't your college offer an antivirus for you? :shifty:
    It does but the disk for it is probably long gone missing :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    http://www-tus.csx.cam.ac.uk/virus/P...l#VirusScan8.5

^ The University Computing Service have a (free) download of McAfee VirusScan for anyone on the cam.ac.uk domain

ReputationRep:
    :sigh: :creep: :work:

ReputationRep:
    I love Analysis even more than I love Groups :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    Foyles is the best bookshop ever :p:
    omg i so totally agree!! i can spend days in there, literally.

i just dont particuarly like that they've opened up a few other stores now. but the original still rocks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeezebox)
    :zomg:.

Groups >> analysis. However, yorkshireman ~ Paternain.
    I agree on Groups > Analysis.

Speaking of Yorkshire, I ate a Yorkshire pudding for the first time in my life today and was thoroughly disappointed. From the outside, it looked like it was filled with lots of tasty stuff, but it turned out to be hollow and slightly boring .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeezebox)
    :zomg:

Groups >> analysis. However, yorkshireman ~ Paternain.
    Agreed on the Groups >> Analysis. Analysis proofs are irritating to construct.

ReputationRep:
    Yorkshire puddings are luvly.

And analysis is better than groups because it's a helluva lot easier :p: Groups I can stare at a question for ages and not know what to do, whereas with this first analysis sheet I'm finding the later, general questions easier than the computational ones - and finding them quite easy at that :p: And in analysis we seem to prove interesting things, such as Question 9, whereas Groups is almost entirely self-contained.

Though I suppose that by the time I get the sheet back I'll know if I'm actually getting these questions right or not.

Though Groups still beats the other courses hands down, of course.

ReputationRep:
    What a bizarre bunch you are. Pondering the relative goodness of groups, analysis and Yorkshire puddings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    I agree on Groups > Analysis.

Speaking of Yorkshire, I ate a Yorkshire pudding for the first time in my life today and was thoroughly disappointed. From the outside, it looked like it was filled with lots of tasty stuff, but it turned out to be hollow and slightly boring .
    You're meant to eat it with stuff e.g. soak up tasty gravy, not eat it like a soufflé, sort of like a dumpling. And they are really really to ruin/make improperly.

Tune in next week when I will have cooked German potato dumplings from an authentic recipe :p: :o:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by coldfish)
    What a bizarre bunch you are. Pondering the relative goodness of groups, analysis and Yorkshire puddings.
    Yourshire puddings > analysis > groups. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Yorkshire puddings are luvly.

And analysis is better than groups because it's a helluva lot easier :p:
    I find Groups easier. Always had more trouble with the Numbers & Sets problems (I'm still bitter about getting a question completely wrong in N&S4 rather than just not being able to do it...), and it continues into Analysis now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thicky)
    You're meant to eat it with stuff e.g. soak up tasty gravy, not eat it like a soufflé, sort of like a dumpling. And they are really really to ruin/make improperly.

Tune in next week when I will have cooked German potato dumplings from an authentic recipe :p: :o:
    Yeah, I did that, and I guess they were okay as such, but you surely understand that one will inevitably be disappointed if you expect to find them filled with stuffing or other nice things.

:gthumb: for Kartoffelknoedel!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    Yeah, I did that, and I guess they were okay as such, but you surely understand that one will inevitably be disappointed if you expect to find them filled with stuffing or other nice things.

Yep and they're not to everyone's taste - they aren't exactly healthy or haute cuisine :p:

:cool: The only problem with the recipe is that it is in kg :eek: :eek: and I don't mean fractions/decimals :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)

lol, I had the exact same thought when I first had Yorkshire pudding - I was expecting it to be all exciting inside. :p: To be honest I'm not a fan of roast anyway - it all just tastes of gravy....

And Kartoffelknödel :yep:

ReputationRep:
    any chicks doing rag blind date this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excalibur)
    lol, I had the exact same thought when I first had Yorkshire pudding - I was expecting it to be all exciting inside. :p: To be honest I'm not a fan of roast anyway - it all just tastes of gravy....

And Kartoffelknödel :yep:
    You could always stuff it with something - like a savoury profiterole :p:

ReputationRep:
    How do I find Clare Cellars? Do I need to be with a Clareite to get in? Meeting some friends there tonight, but will probably be going a bit later than them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    How do I find Clare Cellars? Do I need to be with a Clareite to get in? Meeting some friends there tonight, but will probably be going a bit later than them.
    If I'm thinking about the correct thing, you enter Clare from Trin Lane, then go to the big door on the right, past the hall, and down the stairs at the end of that corridor, then through the buttery and you're there.

You'd better wait for a Clareite to respond though, there's a chance of me not being correct, and I don't want to be responsible for that :p: .

edit: There is a chance that I'm talking about the bar. It is in the cellar and very nice, so I presume that the bar and the "cellars" are actually the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    ARGH! Queens' is so ****!

The ******* cooker broke -halfway through- cooking a ******* meal! Piece of crap. 2nd time this has happened. Can't believe I'm playing more for this crap hole than my sister is for a shared house.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.