Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Night FJ

Not if its going to make me cry :p:
    well I cry at just about everything these days :p:

it was the bit when the lady (played by Julie Walters) took the poison to kill herself and all her kids were hugging her and telling her how much they loved her etc. that made be blub.

It's very well acted :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Yeh... sounds a bit too miserable for my taste :p:

FadedJade - I edited a few of my posts using the thread search tool. Anything I missed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    For starters I disagree with the occupation being in the Law Faculty as it is disrupting people working and their education. They shouldn't make their protests in a place where people need to work.
    I don't have much objection to the rest of the post, but for this I'll just point out that I was chatting to some people when they were still in the planning stage, and they targetted Law in particular because of the political stance of the faculty. And from people talking today - they aren't disrupting anything in the faculty. They're remaining in the foyer-ish area and not preventing students and staff from going to their lectures/offices/supervisions etc.

ReputationRep:
    :shifty:

damn it... i still haven't gone to bed... still working on my supervision work, which i had to hand in on sunday, any time... thought i could send it by email around 3am... this would still count as sunday night... but now... its getting ridiculously closer to Monday morning...

Edit : thanks for the mysterious rep

ReputationRep:
    I hope the protesters have gone by my 10am lecture, or I won't be happy.

ReputationRep:
    I hope the police remove the protesters if they run into lecture time.

ReputationRep:
    Gaaa.

I have just realised that I have long labs today :>.<: I am absolutely shattered. It willbe a miracle if I can stay awake during linear circuits today...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    I hope the protesters have gone by my 10am lecture, or I won't be happy.
    aaargh... an hour and a hald sleep is definitely not enough....

According to the email M. Elliott just sent us... they don't seem to have

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegluups)
    aaargh... an hour and a hald sleep is definitely not enough....

According to the email M. Elliott just sent us... they don't seem to have
    Yeah I saw that- at least it seems they've been put in LG17 so aren't blocking the route to Nadia's

ReputationRep:
    There've been similar protests at other universities. One particular one was in Warwick, where 20 people 'commandeered' a maths lecture hall as a protest. The only problem is the lecture hall was a 600 seater, so the lecture just happened around them. They left after that.

And I -really- disagree with demands number 4 and 6. Number 4 because nobody should gain a scholarship on grounds of geographic location or sympathy. If they deserve one, then that's perfect. But demanding a -minimum- of ten per year is an insult to people who worked hard to get here, or even worked hard to get their own scholarship.

I disagree with number 6 because it's bloody stupid. The university only has to say 'We'll give you four hours, then we're calling the police and expelling anyone left inside' and they'd all scarper.

And I don't think that they should force the university to take a political stance on the very obviously murky issues. By all means ask for a stance of wanting peace, but these fools have picked a side and are trying to force an institution which really has no business in the matter to take an explicit political stance.

ReputationRep:
    massive oversleep fail. I woke up at 7 to gym and was too exhausted to move. Hopefully will have the energy to wander over in the evening

so much work

shower and then library

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    Yeah I saw that- at least it seems they've been put in LG17 so aren't blocking the route to Nadia's
    as far as i know (i was talking to a friend who's in occupation last night) they're gonna let lecturers and pupils in just not any other staff so none of your lectures should be cancelled- i'm sorry if this has changed since i was told this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    And I don't think that they should force the university to take a political stance on the very obviously murky issues. By all means ask for a stance of wanting peace, but these fools have picked a side and are trying to force an institution which really has no business in the matter to take an explicit political stance.
    This.

We're all here just starting automatically from the stance that Israel's action is totally wrong (which which I happen to agree, but that's beside the point) and we're only arguing over the degree/methods by which we should/could oppose it.

But outside our own circle of similar uni-student values it's not like this is a universal view - and thus not one which the Uni itself can really afford to actively promulgate given that some of its students, staff and members are likely to disagree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munro90)
    as far as i know (i was talking to a friend who's in occupation last night) they're gonna let lecturers and pupils in just not any other staff so none of your lectures should be cancelled- i'm sorry if this has changed since i was told this
    Well if they don't let in the first-aid person, the academic coordinator, the computer technician and the fire safety people then the lectures won't run because the faculty won't be safe for people (with regards to the first and last person) or because there are a certain group of people that are needed by the faculty otherwise it cannot run smoothly.

I don't see why they couldn't occupy a building that isn't vitally important :p:

ReputationRep:
    If they could see their way to commandeering the 1A physics lab on a long-term basis, I would be very pleased.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    massive oversleep fail. I woke up at 7 to gym and was too exhausted to move. Hopefully will have the energy to wander over in the evening

so much work

shower and then library
    is lunch still on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    is lunch still on?
    I was just about to text you (phone was dead needed to be charged up)

nope im just staying in and in the library working coz I have so much to do so I've cancelled gym lesson with crags and probs wont be going into college for lunch.

If you're free at some point after friday (when my crazy week of writing 7k words ends) we can go to hall at trin during your lunch break? :yep:

sorry

ReputationRep:
    oh and i seem to have developed an upset tummy? woop. perfect timing.

ReputationRep:
    :coffee:

And everybody stop mentioning the protests please - see my post on the previous page (6749) about a mutual truce.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    :coffee:

And everybody stop mentioning the protests please - see my post on the previous page (6749) about a mutual truce.
    It's not a mutual truce if you're the only one declaring it :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.