Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Yeah, and their excuse will be "I was trying to save innocent lives". It's lunacy, of course, but at least it has some explanation, if not a rational one.
    I wonder if their protest is going on till Thurs? I dont have enough time to write my essay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    well yes. But if I miss supervisions/don't do my work I kinda have some explaining to do.
    There is a little more to being a student than supervisions and lectures.

The was the protest has turned out seems rather farcical, but hey, it's what students historically do. It might achieve bugger all, and I might hate the entire concept, but **** like this happens. All the time. It's no excuse, but still.

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm getting the hang of this power nap concept

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    There is a little more to being a student than supervisions and lectures.
    Even I know that.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I say it again: don't these ppl have lectures and supervisions? Or have the bussed in retards from hippieland?
    To be fair I've done little to no work in the last couple of days and so could probably have spared the time to protest if I was so inclined. But inevitably the work has caught up with me and now I've got a whole economic history essay to write today. Fun times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    To be fair I've done little to no work in the last couple of days and so could probably have spared the time to protest if I was so inclined. But inevitably the work has caught up with me and now I've got a whole economic history essay to write today. Fun times.
    yeh me too :p: I just feel the need to dislike these ppl in every way possible
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I think I have an offer for my Masters!! :party:

(Well, they've just sent me a form to apply for funding so I'm guessing thats a good thing?)

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, choices.

1. Avoid siren outside by closing my window, thus boiling alive
    2. Listen to said siren
    3. Go into town to get food, avoiding siren but getting out of chair
    4. Do work :indiff:

I am so sleepy. I think I'm going to skip bridge and go to sleep straight after tea :o: I hate it when I get like this, but at the moment I'm just not functioning properly.

ReputationRep:
    It's things like this that make ppl vote Tory
    :eek: wash your mouth out!!! i thought there was a filter for bad language on here :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    Snap. Though technically I don't have to do it today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The West Wing)
    The law fac smells of weed and people who haven't showered for days.
    The protesters probably aren't helping matters, either...

ReputationRep:
    I have a further complaint about the squatters. When I went to my 4pm lecture , I was running late so was walking briskly and not in the mood to stop. So when a person offered me a leaflet on the cause, I politely declined, having already picked one up this morning. I was nice and did stop in order to decline. But then, as I walked away, said person punched me really hard on the shoulder. So much for it being a peaceful protest! I nearly cried it hurt so much I was too wimpy to tell the security people because that person was still glaring at me. I'm wondering whether or not it's worth telling my porters about?

And Jade, sorry I couldn't stop and chat- was running rather late for said lecture :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    I have a further complaint about the squatters. When I went to my 4pm lecture , I was running late so was walking briskly and not in the mood to stop. So when a person offered me a leaflet on the cause, I politely declined, having already picked one up this morning. I was nice and did stop in order to decline. But then, as I walked away, said person punched me really hard on the shoulder. So much for it being a peaceful protest! I nearly cried it hurt so much I was too wimpy to tell the security people because that person was still glaring at me. I'm wondering whether or not it's worth telling my porters about?

And Jade, sorry I couldn't stop and chat- was running rather late for said lecture :p:
    Definitely tell someone, they deserve to get chucked out if they're getting violent

ReputationRep:
    Helen, tell someone, that's awful *hugs* I think our porters would do something about it, especially after all the 'Health and Safety' emails we've been getting!

ReputationRep:
    can anyone tell me what time new hall locks it's doors at night, so as i would no longer be able to put an essay in a pigeon hole?

ReputationRep:
    Just reposting this once more in case anyone else who wants to help didn't see it after it got buried in pages of anti-protest. Promise not to spam you any more though

(Original post by Tom)
    I need help!

For a current module, I have to administer and critique a questionnaire on marine environmental awareness (not one I designed myself). I need the results by tomorrow, but unfortunately didn't get enough responses on Friday and can't get back into uni as planned to accost more students today. So I really need some help from you ppl please

I promise that it takes no more than 5 minutes, and that it will be effective (if brief) procrastination.

Rather than stick attachments here, pls PM me if you could help.

Thanks....

ReputationRep:
    can anyone tell me what time new hall locks it's doors at night, so as i would no longer be able to put an essay in a pigeon hole?
    I went to hand in an essay at gone 11 pm last night and I had no problems.

ReputationRep:
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    ah I think I must be ill, I woke up about half an hour ago after going to be before midnight and I'm still really tired I might go to hall to eat some proper food mind ...

ReputationRep:
    panic stress stress panic tired stress hurry panic tired tired stress.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.