Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So many of the comments on here are so blown out of proportion, exaggerated and judgemental, its really prevented me from enjoying time on CamChat. Participating isn't a chilled out experience for me right now. I'll see you all on Sunday/Monday. I'll be on TSR and checking PMs etc, but I'm unsubscribing from this thread until this all blows over!
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    I think I have an offer for my Masters!!
    Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by groovy_moose)
    *wants a stove now...* *...and a potato....*
    Come over one evening - we'd be happy to bung some potatoes in for you! (and anyone else for that matter, although obviously we can't fit you all in out little boat at once!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    Anyone know who we should write to in order to express solidarity with the university against the protestors?
    Definitely not the JCR. Our one at least is in support of them and sent an email out about it around half an hour ago, telling us that they hope it 'opens up a new channel of dialogue with university administration'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    So many of the comments on here are so blown out of proportion, exaggerated and judgemental, its really prevented me from enjoying time on CamChat. Participating isn't a chilled out experience for me right now. I'll see you all on Sunday/Monday. I'll be on TSR and checking PMs etc, but I'm unsubscribing from this thread until this all blows over!
    Sorry you feel that way. :hugs: Come back soon!

ReputationRep:

Congratulations!
    I apologise. I shan't mention it again, I promise.

But for the record, I was not exaggerating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    I apologise. I shan't mention it again, I promise.

But for the record, I was not exaggerating
    Seriously, it's not good that the Cragster is perturbed but you were describing your experiences and should not feel that you can't. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Don't be so bloody stupid Craggy! How can you be supportive of going out and protesting but run away from a little debate (even if it does get heated, and even if you are in the minority view)?

This thread is a friendly place and none of us are going so far as to be genuinely nasty*# in what we're saying; to treat it as such is just silly.

*even myself. I say you're being bloody stupid in the nicest possible way

#with the possible exception of minimo...but I don't think she's being serious :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    I'm happy to help too
    Thanks But I'm after current students specifically (notwithstanding the stupid question on there which asks whether you're a student or not, for those who've done it. It's such a ***** quetionnaire tbh, I'm gonna have a field day pulling it apart in the essay)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    Thanks But I'm after current students specifically (notwithstanding the stupid question on there which asks whether you're a student or not, for those who've done it. It's such a ***** quetionnaire tbh, I'm gonna have a field day pulling it apart in the essay)
    PM me if you need to!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    :hugs: Sleeping for that long really doesn't sound good. :no: But the feeling tired thing after a long sleep is quite normal, from my experience anyway.
    yer I normally feel tired if I've slept a lot but it normally goes away after I do something :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    I have food It's surprising how much you can fit in one of those bag for life things. This time it was 4 litres of orange juice, two blocks of cheese, 6 yoghurts, a packet of washing up powder and a loaf of bread :o:
    This may be too late, but: washing powder is not food. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    That is a lot, usually I get worried that my bag for life will break with only a couple of bottles of wine, a pack of biscuits and a carton of milk. Not that that is my typical shop from Sainsbury's. :ninja:
    It nearly did :o: I had to carry it in my arms because of the pain. I have now eaten too much and feel ill. Bed soon.

Morbo (who is awesome) has done a spreadsheet thing that allows you to determine who has repped you the most points. My results are below and are not particularly surprising :p:

Craghyrax
    minimo
    FadeToBlackout
    Tufts
    randdom
    Charl
    Vesta
    brimstone
    ice_cube
    wackysparkle

Bottom 10:

calcium878
    musicbloke
    Trigger
    Bismarck
    db
    ellewoods
    C2H5OH
    Phillip
    Ghetto_Princess12
    krisstassen

Which is all of my negs :o:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    This may be too late, but: washing powder is not food. :p:
    How I wish you'd told me that half an hour ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    Don't be so bloody stupid Craggy! How can you be supportive of going out and protesting but run away from a little debate (even if it does get heated, and even if you are in the minority view)?

This thread is a friendly place and none of us are going so far as to be genuinely nasty*# in what we're saying; to treat it as such is just silly.

*even myself. I say you're being bloody stupid in the nicest possible way

#with the possible exception of minimo...but I don't think she's being serious :p:
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    let's quit the protest talk, I want Craggy back :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiio)
    Were you in the first couple during the second dance? If so, I was in the second couple...
    I do believe so...

ReputationRep:
    We won the union quiz!! (beating FadedJade)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    massive hugs. This is the story of my life right now. I used to be so hard working. Now I just want to curl up and sleep and never have to face all the reading I have to do.

I've also realised that I have my prioirties so wrong in life. sigh. such a flop.
    :hugs:
    I'm so unbelievably angry with myself at the moment. I want to study here, I want to study this subject, I want to be good at it, and yet I feel I'm not nearly living up to the expectations I set for myself, to my potential, to the opportunities I've been given.... I spend too much time doing nothing (i.e. on the internets and similar things), have stupid "brain failures" all the time, never seem to finish stuff well in time.

While I'm at it, I might just go for a real rant: I spent a ridiculous amount of time on that example sheet, yet I could only finish half of it, sometimes not even having a decent idea how to start. I wanted to go to a concert yesterday and to a formal hall today, I cancelled both since I felt I had to work, and yet I didn't really make substantial progress.
    The bike repair guy stole me an hour of my time, too, he said my bike would be ready by 2.30. I tried to call whether it was indeed ready, but nobody picked up the phone, so I walked into town anyways, only to find that he had not even started on it yet. Walked back (25 min one way).
    I asked one of my supervisors whether I could just bring my scribbled notes to my supervision tomorrow instead of handing something in, he said I should hand in my scribbled notes, but I couldn't do that because they were totally illegible. I then spent more than an hour writing my soutions up neatly and found there was a mistake in one of them.
    Buttery lunch wasn't any good either, the sauce was really weird.
    My room is warm and humid because I need to dry my clothes.
    I have at least three hours of work in front of me, despite having worked till 3am yesterday, getting up at 8am today and having to get up at 8am tomorrow. ****.

Rant over. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    :hugs:
    I'm so unbelievably angry with myself at the moment. I want to study here, I want to study this subject, I want to be good at it, and yet I feel I'm not nearly living up to the expectations I set for myself, to my potential, to the opportunities I've been given.... I spend too much time doing nothing (i.e. on the internets and similar things), have stupid "brain failures" all the time, never seem to finish stuff well in time.

While I'm at it, I might just go for a real rant: I spent a ridiculous amount of time on that example sheet, yet I could only finish half of it, sometimes not even having a decent idea how to start. I wanted to go to a concert yesterday and to a formal hall today, I cancelled both since I felt I had to work, and yet I didn't really make substantial progress.
    The bike repair guy stole me an hour of my time, too, he said my bike would be ready by 2.30. I tried to call whether it was indeed ready, but nobody picked up the phone, so I walked into town anyways, only to find that he had not even started on it yet. Walked back (25 min one way).
    I asked one of my supervisors whether I could just bring my scribbled notes to my supervision tomorrow instead of handing something in, he said I should hand in my scribbled notes, but I couldn't do that because they were totally illegible. I then spent more than an hour writing my soutions up neatly and found there was a mistake in one of them.
    Buttery lunch wasn't any good either, the sauce was really weird.
    My room is warm and humid because I need to dry my clothes.
    I have at least three hours of work in front of me, despite having worked till 3am yesterday, getting up at 8am today and having to get up at 8am tomorrow. ****.

Rant over. Sorry.
    Story of last term. Hoping with all my might that this term won't be the same thing. :hugs: for you, sure everything will be all right.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Y__)
    :hugs: I know that frustration all too well.

(Original post by Y__)
    I've found that it's better not to cancel non-work related things, as going to them simply forces you to be more productive in the time you do have to work.

(Original post by Y__)
    That would be annoying.

(Original post by Y__)
    As would that.

(Original post by Y__)
    :console: Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    Yeah I saw that- at least it seems they've been put in LG17 so aren't blocking the route to Nadia's
    haha fair enough

wouldnt want to prevent people from getting their muffins would we

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.