Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is Nadia's still open?
    I have to stay in the fac from 9 - 3 tomorrow and I don't want to have to do it sans pastries. Nightmare..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    :hugs:
    I'm so unbelievably angry with myself at the moment. I want to study here, I want to study this subject, I want to be good at it, and yet I feel I'm not nearly living up to the expectations I set for myself, to my potential, to the opportunities I've been given.... I spend too much time doing nothing (i.e. on the internets and similar things), have stupid "brain failures" all the time, never seem to finish stuff well in time.

While I'm at it, I might just go for a real rant: I spent a ridiculous amount of time on that example sheet, yet I could only finish half of it, sometimes not even having a decent idea how to start. I wanted to go to a concert yesterday and to a formal hall today, I cancelled both since I felt I had to work, and yet I didn't really make substantial progress.
    The bike repair guy stole me an hour of my time, too, he said my bike would be ready by 2.30. I tried to call whether it was indeed ready, but nobody picked up the phone, so I walked into town anyways, only to find that he had not even started on it yet. Walked back (25 min one way).
    I asked one of my supervisors whether I could just bring my scribbled notes to my supervision tomorrow instead of handing something in, he said I should hand in my scribbled notes, but I couldn't do that because they were totally illegible. I then spent more than an hour writing my soutions up neatly and found there was a mistake in one of them.
    Buttery lunch wasn't any good either, the sauce was really weird.
    My room is warm and humid because I need to dry my clothes.
    I have at least three hours of work in front of me, despite having worked till 3am yesterday, getting up at 8am today and having to get up at 8am tomorrow. ****.

Rant over. Sorry.
    Sorry, but to have that kind of juxtaposed in there made be laugh :p: :o:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your support everyone - I don't even know whether I deserve it, my results and predictions are fine so far and so were my mocks, it's just that I feel that I could make so much more out of this ...

(Original post by Thicky)
    Sorry, but to have that kind of juxtaposed in there made be laugh :p: :o:
    Glad to hear that .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mwiko)
    Is Nadia's still open?
    I have to stay in the fac from 9 - 3 tomorrow and I don't want to have to do it sans pastries. Nightmare..
    No, they aren't opening Nadia's because of the protest. Not sure how that works, but I do know they don't plan to open it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    No, they aren't opening Nadia's because of the protest. Not sure how that works, but I do know they don't plan to open it
    :eek: :eek:

How dareth they remove such holy place from us !!

But it was open today?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by thegluups)
    How dareth they remove such holy place from us !!
    I've never been to this Nadia's. Is it the place that's sort of underneath the stairs in the Law faculty?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    Thanks for your support everyone - I don't even know whether I deserve it, my results and predictions are fine so far and so were my mocks, it's just that I feel that I could make so much more out of this ...

Glad to hear that .
    You ought to be confident. Cambridge is the sort of place that can get you very down, dont let it defeat you

ReputationRep:
    well, according to the earlier email, they're not allowing people to bring food into the faculty either, which rather suggests to me that they're trying to mount a seige on the protesters and starve them out... i might be wrong, but that's what it sounds like to me. That said, there would be nothing to stop them going out one or two at a time to the buttery or whatever and then coming back in... hmm... curious...

ReputationRep:
    Arg. I suppose it makes sense.. There would be no point banning food if Nadia's was still open.. Sigh.

I'm sure that they could kick the protestors out if they wanted to, so I'm sure they're not 'starving' them just to get rid of them. I kind of don't want them to be there tomorrow... I have a feeling I'll just get angry at them and I don't want to do that..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by groovy_moose)
    well, according to the earlier email, they're not allowing people to bring food into the faculty either, which rather suggests to me that they're trying to mount a seige on the protesters and starve them out... i might be wrong, but that's what it sounds like to me. That said, there would be nothing to stop them going out one or two at a time to the buttery or whatever and then coming back in... hmm... curious...
    they wouldn't let me in this morning, because i didn't have my card :mad: wouldn't accept by buttery card either...

annoying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)

Glad to hear that .
    I repped you prior to my heartless comment so it's ok :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    I guess to stop them buying food there

ReputationRep:
    Maybe once they leave they won't be allowed back. I'd hope so anyway

ReputationRep:
    they can't exactly stop them if they have a university card though... surely?

ReputationRep:
    they can't exactly stop them if they have a university card though... surely?
    They can probably do what they want, and if they're protesters they've every reason to refuse them entry.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by The West Wing)
    We won the union quiz!! (beating FJ)
    I thought that was you! But I wasn't sure enough to come and say hi. To be fair there were eleven of you and three of us!

(ps edit post please :puppyeyes:)
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    (ps edit post please :puppyeyes:)
    Oh, so that's who you are! :o: Sorry, I know you want to remain anonymous but I guess it must be working quite well if it took me this long to work it out.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    So many of the comments on here are so blown out of proportion, exaggerated and judgemental, its really prevented me from enjoying time on CamChat. Participating isn't a chilled out experience for me right now. I'll see you all on Sunday/Monday. I'll be on TSR and checking PMs etc, but I'm unsubscribing from this thread until this all blows over!
    No offence, but this is a bit silly of you. It's not even that people are disagreeing with you (though frankly as a Cambridge arts student you should be prepared to deal with views you think are weird and wacky), I for one just disagree with the idea of a bunch of people sitting in a building in East Anglia, being mildly inconvenient, making nonsensical demands (e.g. that non-political entities should take political stances at all), and thinking they're saving the world. It's lunacy. I'm also buggered if I'm letting you believe I'm apathetic about the whole thing - but even if sorting out the Gaza nonsense was my favourite thing in the world right now, and even if I thought protesting ever did anyone any good and would put an end to this nonsense peacefully, why on earth would I protest against my own university?! They're not making demands to anyone but to Cambridge!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    :rofl:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    No offence, but this is a bit silly of you. It's not even that people are disagreeing with you (though frankly as a Cambridge arts student you should be prepared to deal with views you think are weird and wacky), I for one just disagree with the idea of a bunch of people sitting in a building in East Anglia, being mildly inconvenient, making nonsensical demands (e.g. that non-political entities should take political stances at all), and thinking they're saving the world. It's lunacy. I'm also buggered if I'm letting you believe I'm apathetic about the whole thing - but even if sorting out the Gaza nonsense was my favourite thing in the world right now, and even if I thought protesting ever did anyone any good and would put an end to this nonsense peacefully, why on earth would I protest against my own university?! They're not making demands to anyone but to Cambridge!
    I personally found the protest quite interesting (it certainly broke up the monotony of Stats and History lectures ), but I do agree with you in that it's hardly the university's responsibility to do something about the situation in Gaza. While waiting for our lecture to be sorted out I discussed this with one of the protesters who has handing out leaflets and she didn't seem to be able to give a good reason as to why Cambridge should get involved either. :dontknow:

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.