The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6780
can someone briefly apprise me of these protests going on in Cambridge; never heard of them, and I covered a lot of ground in cambridge today, and I didn't see or hear anything :confused:
n1r4v
can someone briefly apprise me of these protests going on in Cambridge; never heard of them, and I covered a lot of ground in cambridge today, and I didn't see or hear anything :confused:

They're happening in the law faculty on the Sidgwick Site, and if you're not in the law faculty (and maybe even if you are), they're very quiet.
Reply 6782
They've occupied the law faculty (or parts thereof) for a few days, disrupted some lecture timetabling, and submitted a (rather funny) list of demands to the uni. And apparently made quite a mess of the place, though I haven't seen any pics.
Me neither. Presumably we're allowed to go and look around? It's a faculty building, after all...

On second thoughts, I'm not sure I can be arsed.
Reply 6784
Tom
They've occupied the law faculty (or parts thereof) for a few days, disrupted some lecture timetabling, and submitted a (rather funny) list of demands to the uni. And apparently made quite a mess of the place, though I haven't seen any pics.

Totally unrelated: Did you get my questionnaire? How many replies do you have so far?
Reply 6785
generalebriety
They're happening in the law faculty on the Sidgwick Site, and if you're not in the law faculty (and maybe even if you are), they're very quiet.

Ah fair enough; I actually live next to the law faculty :colondollar:. But out of curiosity, do they consist of people affiliated with the university, or are they just "others".
n1r4v
Ah fair enough; I actually live next to the law faculty :colondollar:. But out of curiosity, do they consist of people affiliated with the university, or are they just "others".

No idea.
Reply 6787
Y__
Totally unrelated: Did you get my questionnaire? How many replies do you have so far?

Yes, thanks :smile:

And I have...*goes to count*...9, with a possibility of one more. Which means I'm set, with the few I got in uni last week.

Thanks to you all, you've saved my bacon :biggrin:
Reply 6788
n1r4v

Afaik they must be students at the Uni - what they'd think they were doing presenting a list of demands to the uni, otherwise, I can't imagine.

edit: does anyone else find TSR gets really confusing when you have three or four tabs open at once? Especially with PMs, which keep trying to put up their own little notification boxes. /random
Reply 6789
K.T.
I do believe so... :biggrin:

Nice!

yeah, I do seem to remember you being pretty enthusiastic! good effort.
Reply 6790
:yawn:

(actually, I lie, I'm not sleepy :frown: But I know I will be at 7AM tomorrow morning if I don't go to bed now. 9AM lectures really do suck when you have an hour's drive, rather than being able to roll out of bed and stagger through the town 5 mins before.

edit: TSR whinging is so very cathartic, though)
generalebriety
Me neither. Presumably we're allowed to go and look around? It's a faculty building, after all...

On second thoughts, I'm not sure I can be arsed.

I walked past earlier, and I could just see a few signs in the window and not much going on inside. There was a security guard standing in the doorway who gave me a suspicious look, and I had a lecture to go to, so I didn't investigate further.
Reply 6792
I get strangely excited if people give me suspicious looks :biggrin:

And Tom, whinging is the key to life
n1r4v

Originally it was a mixture of people (including a woman breastfeeding a toddler, and an old dude with very long hair) but yesterday afternoon the university "removed the license" for the non-university people to be there so now they should be gone.
Reply 6794
Llamaaa
Originally it was a mixture of people (including a woman breastfeeding a toddler, and an old dude with very long hair) but yesterday afternoon the university "removed the license" for the non-university people to be there so now they should be gone.

pfffft commoners infiltrating our sacred spaces.

argh tom I totally forgot the questionnaire, will do it nowww.
MB was lurking in the faculty yesterday too- I don't know if he was a protester or not. He was just sat there :biggrin:
Reply 6796
Llamaaa
MB was lurking in the faculty yesterday too- I don't know if he was a protester or not. He was just sat there :biggrin:

Yeah, he's part of the group, though possibly not occupying. He gave a speech I think
Tom
edit: does anyone else find TSR gets really confusing when you have three or four tabs open at once? Especially with PMs, which keep trying to put up their own little notification boxes. /random

Multiple tabs is a way of life :biggrin: I often have 10 or 12 open at one time.
Grr my day is so packed today. I've got no time to do any reading for my Soc Anth essay.

10-11: Soc Anth lecture.
11-12: Between lectures I'll try and read a bit.
12-1: Psychology Lecture
1-1.45: Rush back to college to eat lunch
1.45-2.45: Work for an hour.
3-4: Psychology supervision
4.30-5: Drinks training
5 onwards: Stu is here.

I forgot I had lectures this morning and planned to read for three hours then :bawling:
Don't go to the lectures then. I miraculously managed to wake up in time for my 10am but I'm not going.

Latest

Trending

Trending