Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Is Life bad then? It was my first clubbing experience and I was fairly inebriated :ninja:

Well, not my first. I also went to Soul Tree whilst almost sobre and nearly had a panic attack I hated it so much.
    Never go sober!

It's not that it's.. bad... it's just.. very [stereo]typical. And identical from week to week [seriously, to the minute]. Which is alright, at least you know what the night will be.. but I think a bit of variation and what people actually want might work better.. [coming from my perspective with friends who aren't really into the "airport scene" as such..]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mwiko)
    Never go sober!

It's not that it's.. bad... it's just.. very [stereo]typical. And identical from week to week [seriously, to the minute]. Which is alright, at least you know what the night will be.. but I think a bit of variation and what people actually want might work better.. [coming from my perspective with friends who aren't really into the "airport scene" as such..]
    Didn't notice any "Airport scene" even though I was looking out for posters that someone mentioned :p:

And since I've only been once, and will probably go once every two weeks at most (less than that if revs is enjoyable :ninja:), it will forever have a few hazy fond memories :p:

And I don't particularly enjoy getting drunk, and I -really- need to be drunk to enjoy it. *Really *really *really* need to be drunk. Which is why I didn't go for over a term, because I never thought I'd be drunk enough to. But then I got drunk, and went along and said I'd leave when my rationality returned but it didnt :p:

ReputationRep:
    Grr. Been putting off some work all afternoon. Now have very little time to do it without missing out on other stuff I want to do, and it looks like it might take a while

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on the offer FJ

And on a similar note, I'm happy too - finally got confirmation I can actually go work at the SWRDA for my work placement, which is a weight off've my mind given that it's meant to start in a couple of weeks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    I got in! I'm definitely off to Reading!! :party:
    Congratulations

(Original post by The West Wing)
    It was sooooooooo unjustified. He shouldn't have told me off for texting because otherwise I'd have fallen asleep and gotten even less out of it :hmmm:
    :rofl:

I love and hate my supervisions with my DoS atm. They are good in that my understanding definitely increases and bad in that I don't think as clearly in them as I do on my own and feel like a complete idiot :o: Then again, if I didn't feel like a complete idiot then there would be little cause for me to be there...

In other news: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=16838007

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations, FadedJade! That news is happy-making.

I shall be ordering the tickets for you guys, but make sure that you all bring the money to the formal! I don't want to have you chase up all of you guys at your individual colleges...

I might get a ticket for myself as well! I'll make a decision tonight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chess Piece Face)

I shall be ordering the tickets for you guys, but make sure that you all bring the money to the formal! I don't want to have you chase up all of you guys at your individual colleges...

You mean the TSR formal? Why would you not come? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chess Piece Face)

There is no decision to make. :mad: You're coming. :p:

/bossy

ReputationRep:
    How are we supposed to let you know we're coming? Is there a facebook event or anything?

ReputationRep:
    There is, somewhere.

Failing miserably to write essay - bleughhhhhh Sorry, had to vent that!! I think I might just give up for tonight and try again in the morning - but then lectures and things get in the way... And I always feel really guilty for moaning about course-related things, as I know I am so lucky to be here, and I really do love my subject - sometimes more time'd just be nice though!!

Congratulations to FJ and to Tom

Also, sorry not to be able to make the next meet either - it's my friend's birthday formal that night. Hope everyone has a lovely time though
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Thank you all :girl:

I'm going to celebrate by getting very drunk.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations, FJ. Have a great night!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegluups)

everyone is off to cindies tonight... why did me and my friends organise to go tomorrow? :shifty:

ps : is anyone free on the 20th february , if yes... come to john's for my 18th
    Wow, you're pretty young, even if you came straight from Lycee to Cambridge! Did you skip a year? I've often read here that Cambridge weren't too keen on letting people under 18 in, did you have to convince them somehow? Sorry for being so nosy :o: It's always fun to talk to other French people ! Oh and I have to say, your profile picture is amaaaaaazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miam!)
    Wow, you're pretty young, even if you came straight from Lycee to Cambridge! Did you skip a year? I've often read here that Cambridge weren't too keen on letting people under 18 in, did you have to convince them somehow? Sorry for being so nosy :o: It's always fun to talk to other French people ! Oh and I have to say, your profile picture is amaaaaaazing
    Yep skipped a year... lets just say that i nagged thme and harassed them until they just said... yes... do what you want... just stop calling us

nah.. seriously it was the last year they were doing my course, so ... they tool that into account...

where abouts to you come from? you're doing jap at cam? nice combo

Smilepea was it you i said hello to at rugby/football... i only realised afterwards you probably didn't know what i looked at.. so it prob was very weird

ReputationRep:
    Congrats FJ!

And on a complete aside/blatant plug..
    Seeing as there's been a lot about protesting/campaigning lately... how about doing something which might have an effect close to home? http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...5559536&ref=mf
    save 13 chesterton!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mwiko)
    Congrats FJ!

Seeing as there's been a lot about protesting/campaigning lately... how about doing something which might have an effect close to home? http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...5559536&ref=mf
    save 13 chesterton!
    I got invited to that group, might submit a complaint as new houses would look ugly and be annoying. Where is 13 Chesterton, anyway? Is it near Cripps, or further down?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mwiko)
    Congrats FJ!

save 13 chesterton!
    Mmmh ... I'm torn on that one, because I think Cambridge really needs more modern flats, especially since it looks like the city is going to grow a lot in the coming years. I can't believe how bad the (private) housing situation here is to be honest, but I guess it's because I'm not from England. And while the group says "The proposed car park will encourage traffic along Chesterton Road, when we should be encouraging public transport, cycling and walking", I would think more accomodation near the center is good for reducing traffic and congestion. But there are plenty of ugly houses they could demolish certainly, and turn the pretty old buildings like this into modern flats I guess... :confused:

ReputationRep:

everyone is off to cindies tonight... why did me and my friends organise to go tomorrow? :shifty:

ps : is anyone free on the 20th february , if yes... come to john's for my 18th
    yay im coming to this!!

and ohhh you so should be coming to Cindies tonight =D

ReputationRep:
    Yep skipped a year... lets just say that i nagged thme and harassed them until they just said... yes... do what you want... just stop calling us

nah.. seriously it was the last year they were doing my course, so ... they tool that into account...

where abouts to you come from? you're doing jap at cam? nice combo

Smilepea was it you i said hello to at rugby/football... i only realised afterwards you probably didn't know what i looked at.. so it prob was very weird
    Oh I see. I didn't know the maitrise was being suppressed, I think it's a shame if only because it made Cambridge known a lot of French people who would not have considered applying otherwise (even if they don't apply for law - that's how I first heard of Cam, if I hadn't heard of someone doing the DM maybe applying to British unis would never have crossed my mind)

And I'm from Strasbourg (why, btw, was your school called "l'ecole alsacienne"? sounds a bit random to me! Did it actually have any ties with the region?)... I have yet to meet a French student in Cambridge who is not from Paris or abroad. By the way, do you not think there's a surprising number of French people in Cam? I can't seem to spend an hour in town without hearing French... I wonder what they are (apart from the obvious school trips), tourists, visiting academics, conference people? There's just so many of them this year, it's an invasion :p: ... OK I'm just rambling away, better get back to work!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.