Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Just got back from Cindies. Couldn't get them to play 'Take Back the City' by Snow Patrol so listening to it by myself. Also more evidence for VOL > VOD.

EDIT: Correcting spelling mistakes before anyone saw them. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    ym god canyt they jsut pixss ogff already
    We should form a drunk spelling society.

ReputationRep:
    Gawd, why do I always leave my essays to the last minute?! 2 hours and 21 minutes to get this one done and dusted. What's reassuring is that the other Russianist in college who I'm supervised with has only done 650 words and has handed it in like that. Well, she did say that it could be 'however long it turned out to be'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegluups)
    Smilepea was it you i said hello to at rugby/football... i only realised afterwards you probably didn't know what i looked at.. so it prob was very weird
    Erm I don't think so, I do know what you look like though (not that I've been facebook stalking or anything :ninja:) If it helps I was in a grey jumper navy shorts black legging and blue socks

Also if I have any of you guys on facebook and I sent you an invite to the women's varsity game can you invite as many people as you know please?? If you do I'll :love: you forever

ReputationRep:
    my rugby match has just been cancelled. I now guess I have to go to my second lecture :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    God, I am never being so retardedly stupid over leaving an essay to the last minute. EVER. I think I've learnt my lesson. I'm finishing this essay, which will be a couple of hours late, and then will be gymming and then locking myself up in the library.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    Gawd, why do I always leave my essays to the last minute?! 2 hours and 21 minutes to get this one done and dusted. What's reassuring is that the other Russianist in college who I'm supervised with has only done 650 words and has handed it in like that. Well, she did say that it could be 'however long it turned out to be'
    snap!

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I just fell asleep on my essay and woke up with

'development of
    the poem.'

printed backwards on my forehead. Oh dear :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I really want to go back to bed. No hangover though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supergrunch)
    Lol yeah, we were asking about that judgement in a lecture yesterday. Apparently a load of the work submitted was from people who didn't yet have PhDs, and so was automatically counted as sub-standard or something. Note that there are actually only 2 professors in the department (but 6 if you include lecturers as well), so there aren't that many postgrads actually doing research. Anyway, whether or not the sub-standard thing is an excuse, I've been lectured by all 6, and they're all fine, so I wouldn't worry. Which module were you thinking of taking?
    I was thinking of taking Li1 the one called "Intro to linguistics" - we can borrow that paper in our 2nd year.

ReputationRep:
    I seem to be spending more time trying to learn the Russian keyboard format than actually writing this essay. Doh :p: Although this will potentially be useful for later life, and will mean it won't take me 5 minutes to type out a ten word quote...

ReputationRep:
    When I was in Scandinavia I could never remember to adapt to the new keyboard, as some of you may remember. It didn't help that the Norwegian keyboard is different from the Danish one...

There's an Engineer at Peterhouse who doesn't use QWERTY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    When I was in Scandinavia I could never remember to adapt to the new keyboard, as some of you may remember. It didn't help that the Norwegian keyboard is different from the Danish one...

I had loads of problems in Germany and ended up just writing messages to one of my friends normally, without adjusting for the whole y/z thing. Which meant I ended up signing them as 'Yoe', which she thought was hilarious. She actually wrote back to me for months switching y and z over because she thought it was so funny

I like the Russian keyboard Random bits of Russian in my essay make me feel smart :cool:

ReputationRep:

One of my friends modded his keyboard, converting it to DVORAK. He's convinced it's more efficient.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dvorak_Simplified_Keyboard

ReputationRep:
    I had loads of problems in Germany and ended up just writing messages to one of my friends normally, without adjusting for the whole y/z thing. Which meant I ended up signing them as 'Yoe', which she thought was hilarious. She actually wrote back to me for months switching y and z over because she thought it was so funny

I like the Russian keyboard Random bits of Russian in my essay make me feel smart :cool:
    With me it was that the ae thing was where the apostrophe used to be :p: See any of my posts in July for a demonstration :p:

(Original post by visesh)
    One of my friends modded his keyboard, converting it to DVORAK. He's convinced it's more efficient.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dvorak_Simplified_Keyboard
    I'm sure it is, I'm just not sure I can be bothered to learn a new system :p:

ReputationRep:
    SUCCESS! Essay in 1 minute early First one that's been in on time this term :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    With me it was that the ae thing was where the apostrophe used to be :p: See any of my posts in July for a demonstration :p:

I'm sure it is, I'm just not sure I can be bothered to learn a new system :p:
    I just think he's a plonker :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegluups)
    ps : is anyone free on the 20th february , if yes... come to john's for my 18th
    Is it for a formal? I'd love to go to one at St Johns :cool:

SUCCESS! Essay in 1 minute early First one that's been in on time this term :rolleyes:
    Yay! What was it on?

Ditto the difficulties with the russian typing btw - I asked my DoS if there was a typing programme, like the Russian version of Mavis Beacon, that I could get, but apparently you just have to 'teach yourself'. Yays.

Also, vis a vis the discussion of the new LGBT night @ Revolution - it's good. Like, 10x better than Thrust. Just saying :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    Also, vis a vis the discussion of the new LGBT night @ Revolution - it's good. Like, 10x better than Thrust. Just saying :cool:
    My definition of 'good' probably differs though :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Yay! What was it on?

Ditto the difficulties with the russian typing btw - I asked my DoS if there was a typing programme, like the Russian version of Mavis Beacon, that I could get, but apparently you just have to 'teach yourself'. Yays.
    It was just a commentary on that really fat stanza in Бакчисарайский Фонтан that starts 'Нет, жёны робкие Гирея' and ends 'Он им уже не верит боле' (skilz :cool:). That bit with the wives all frolicking in the stream or something, and the eunuch being generally weird. She wanted us to analyse language and stuff, but bearing in mind I had to look up every word I'm not sure I've quite grasped all the nuances yet :p: I did spend a whole paragraph rambling about the imperfective though

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.