Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    My definition of 'good' probably differs though :p:
    Okay, with the unspoken qualifier of 'for Cambridge'... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    It was just a commentary on that really fat stanza in Бакчисарайский Фонтан that starts 'Нет, жёны робкие Гирея' and ends 'Он им уже не верит боле' (skilz :cool:). That bit with the wives all frolicking in the stream or something, and the eunuch being generally weird. She wanted us to analyse language and stuff, but bearing in mind I had to look up every word I'm not sure I've quite grasped all the nuances yet :p: I did spend a whole paragraph rambling about the imperfective though
    Sounds similarish to my latest essay, about its 'literary merit' - I like analysing poetry, but I just don't feel that I can do it justice, considering I don't even know the words, never mind their connotations! Ah wells, I'm sure the russian department knows what it's doing...

ReputationRep:
    i tried to learn russian once- my headteacher was fluent, but it was an extra lesson and only 5 people went, which then slimmed down to a class of with just me. Suprisingly i didn't stick it out long after that. I do love the Cyrillic alphabet though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    Okay, with the unspoken qualifier of 'for Cambridge'... :p:
    No no no, I meant I prefer the extreme uncrowdedness of Life. I'm not a hardcore clubber at all :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)
    Erm I don't think so, I do know what you look like though (not that I've been facebook stalking or anything :ninja:) If it helps I was in a grey jumper navy shorts black legging and blue socks

Also if I have any of you guys on facebook and I sent you an invite to the women's varsity game can you invite as many people as you know please?? If you do I'll :love: you forever
    hum damn it... so i just said hello to some random girld... who answered when i said your name... she must have thought i was weird...you were running with the forwards after practicing scrums...

ReputationRep:
    lol, why don't you two just pm pictures to each other for next time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegluups)
    hum damn it... so i just said hello to some random girld... who answered when i said your name... she must have thought i was weird...you were running with the forwards after practicing scrums...
    oh how odd :/

when I next see you I will endeavour to introduce myself properly

ReputationRep:
    I am trying to write a short piece on my travel plans for the Gladstone thing. Why do I not have writers block for this I wonder :p: I've already done a page and a half and haven't mentioned any of the important things yet...

ReputationRep:
    argh essay still ongoing.

Never again. This is also the first time I've written an essay without having a plan :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Why are supermarket bags so hard to open? I feel a complete moron standing for 5 minutes holding up a queue trying to get them into a state I can put things in them.

ReputationRep:
    Get a bag for life Scipio.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    lol, why don't you two just pm pictures to each other for next time?
    lol.. i thought i recognised you... :p: and when i said "victoria hi", someone turned round, and said yes... so i thought it was her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Get a bag for life Scipio.
    It's useful to have a few plastic bags around though.

ReputationRep:
    :bawling:

I'm 7OO words over the word limit... and i can't cut it down.... :bawling:

and my supervisor gets really **** off when we go over :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegluups)
    lol.. i thought i recognised you... :p: and when i said "victoria hi", someone turned round, and said yes... so i thought it was her
    I may have said hello and just have completely forgotten, it wouldn't surprise me :rolleyes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Vodka revs last night was a lot of fun.

ReputationRep:
    I may have said hello and just have completely forgotten, it wouldn't surprise me :rolleyes:
    nah don't think so... because you really didn't seem to have a clue who i was... (and i might not be wearing a teletubby costume... but still lol) i did mention i was a goalie a few times... and there's only one of us...

oh well... i'll try again next tuesday... and by then , we might have actually properly met

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    It's useful to have a few plastic bags around though.
    Bags for life are plastic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Bags for life are plastic.
    yes but you want the ones that aren't for life for stuff like bop costumes, sick bags, shoes, erm, parachutes ... the list is endless

ReputationRep:
    yes but you want the ones that aren't for life for stuff like bop costumes, sick bags, shoes, erm, parachutes ... the list is endless
    Ah, I see. The first thing that would have come to mind would be convenient places to store shoes, but tastes differ :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.