Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Ah, I see. The first thing that would have come to mind would be convenient places to store shoes, but tastes differ :p:
    nah I use my bookcases to store shoes :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)
    My bookcase is full of books and instruments

ReputationRep:
    My bookcase is full of books and instruments
    I have no books no my bookcase ... :o:

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I see. The first thing that would have come to mind would be convenient places to store shoes, but tastes differ :p:

And I use, er, the floor. Each to their own, I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    And I use, er, the floor. Each to their own, I suppose.
    Thing is, sailing boots kinda smell...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    I really want to go back to bed. No hangover though!
    I'm just about to go back to bed. I've had a hell of a morning/early afternoon. Similarly no hangover though.

(Original post by FadedJade)
    Vodka revs last night was a lot of fun.
    Was that the LGBT thing - Rendezvous? I haven't been to Revs for ages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavalse)
    Hello Miam!

How is Japanese going? have you been planning your year abroad? It all must be very exciting.
    I'm looking forward to taking the linguistics paper. Would you mind giving me your notes at the end of the year? I hope the paper is good. It looks good, but i just read that the linguistics department is the worst in cambridge! and large proportion of professors were rated as sub standard :eek:
    It's going OK. 2nd year was a bit of a nasty shock but I'm definitely faring better this term than last term. As for the year abroad, I am going to study Japanese as a foreign language at a university in Kyoto next year (everybody in my year, or almost, will be doing the same because Cambridge have an arrangement with the Japanese uni which makes it easy for us to apply; the course and location are good too)... Obviously it is scary and exciting at the same time! I really hope my japanese will improve, because right now I doubt I'll ever be fluent Are you going abroad next year?

As for linguistics, I wouldn't worry about the bad results in the research assessment - it is an introductory paper, and so I don't think we discuss anything very cutting-edge (except maybe in pragmatics, which a very young research field)! And while the research may be bad for Cambridge, I think the teaching is great! My supervisor is just amazingly friendly a good at teaching, and most of the lecturers have been very good too. I can definitely give you my notes at the end of the year, even though I haven't taken *that* many because we've been given fairly comprehensive handouts (I'll check if they're online somewhere in the meantime)

ReputationRep:
    I store my shoes under my bed. Shoes :love:

anyway, I'm royally screwed. Essay will be going in late and I know that there are so many deficiencies in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    It's useful to have a few plastic bags around though.
    Lick your fingers first. It seems unhygienic, but it's ******* efficient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegluups)
    haha.. yeah it does sound random...

it was started by teachers from the Gymnase Jean Sturm (in strasbourg i think), when France lost Alsace, they fled to Paris, and because they didn't want their children to go to a catholic schoo, they created the Ecole Alsacienne
    haha Sturm is a posh private protestant school in the center of Strasbourg... I didn't go but had an oral exam there. Funny to talk about it here... Sorry for the threadjack :o:

ReputationRep:
    I have no books no my bookcase ... :o:
    My 3 bookcases are overflowing I need to sell some book and/or return some to the library at some point. I've had a couple out since my first term. :flute:

I swear I must have a good £2000 worth of textbooks around

ReputationRep:
    I am officially taking this evening off. I just had a very gruelling riding competition, I have finished all essays for the next two weeks and have done almost all the reading too. So tonight is officially, rest night.

The hispanic society can kiss my derrière.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    **** me! I think I've only got about £500 of fiction...couldn't imagine having that much in the way of textbooks :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    I am officially taking this evening off. I just had a very gruelling riding competition, I have finished all essays for the next two weeks and have done almost all the reading too. So tonight is officially, rest night.

The hispanic society can kiss my derrière.
    why are you so efficient?

Tom I've just realised that i didnt send you the questionnaire back! So sorry will do now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    why are you so efficient?

Tom I've just realised that i didnt send you the questionnaire back! So sorry will do now.
    It's a real rarity! I just worked pretty hard these last few days in order to be able to relax for a few days in return

Going to look at a horse tomorrow too so no work will get done then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    It's a real rarity! I just worked pretty hard these last few days in order to be able to relax for a few days in return

Going to look at a horse tomorrow too so no work will get done then
    yay! have fun.

I'm going to be very efficient from tomorrow :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    My 3 bookcases are overflowing I need to sell some book and/or return some to the library at some point. I've had a couple out since my first term. :flute:

haha- *cough*theres always freshers around that are happy to take old editions off your hands for very reasonable prices*cough* :p:
    that would also explain why there don't seem to be many copies of certain books around.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    I'm just about to go back to bed. I've had a hell of a morning/early afternoon. Similarly no hangover though.

Was that the LGBT thing - Rendezvous? I haven't been to Revs for ages.
    Yep it was good fun. And they had good drink deals on actually, I was surprised that it was as cheap as it was.

ReputationRep:
    I have a Charango and it is :love:

ReputationRep:
    I've beggared my ankle :cry:

Only five minutes of playing badminton and I cripple myself :shifty: Not impressed. I -knew- I should never have bought those trainers, and should have stuck with my boots.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.