Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vapid slut magician)
    oi chewwy reply to my PM already. you have a video of me punching that girl, I want it.
    oh, yeah, sorry. I actually don't. and indeed never had

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    A great line from the Sainsbury's big issue guy that I've not heard before: "All I need is a thousand of you to buy one, then I can retire".
    he is a ****.

the only one i particularly like the is the nice chubby man who stands on the road outside john lewis, and says lovely things like "good day ladies and gentlemen, maybe something a bit different to read later?" and things like that. he's nice.

amusingly, we get big issue sellers on mill road too. given half of the people who walk down that road seem to be homeless, i don't think its the best spot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chewwy)
    he is a ****.

the only one i particularly like the is the nice chubby man who stands on the road outside john lewis, and says lovely things like "good day ladies and gentlemen, maybe something a bit different to read later?" and things like that. he's nice.

amusingly, we get big issue sellers on mill road too. given half of the people who walk down that road seem to be homeless, i don't think its the best spot.
    Oh, I like that man. He used to be a foreman in a factory near Cambridge but was made redundant and suddenly lost everything Very sad. He's obviously quite well educated as he speaks eloquently and holds a good conversation. I do like it when he turns up in a suit too
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    The Gaza motion was defeated by a very large majority, about an hour after notice was served on the protesters to vacate the Faculty.

Only downside is I wasn't given the chance to speak.

ReputationRep:
    oh, yeah, sorry. I actually don't. and indeed never had
    yeah you did, you posted all over the net that you were there and had footage. Weird coincidence if someone from cambridge who also went by the alias chewwy was doing it...

ReputationRep:
    There's a nice Big Issue seller who stands on the corner next to the Great St Mary's church/chapel. The first turning as you walk past King's. I'll have to admit I ignore Big Issue sellers, but when I said 'No thanks' to this one he said 'Cheers mate, have a good day', which was nice of him. Especially constrasted against the Sainsbury's one effing and swearing at people who don't buy it.

ReputationRep:
    My supervisor is Dr. Biberauer! (I don't think she lectures so you may not know her) Who's your DOS? Though I have yet to meet anybody unfriendly teaching linguistics

(Original post by Supergrunch)
    I'm doing that at the moment, although only going to a few of the lectures as most of it's covered in other modules. It's cool, anyhoo.

Well, most of what you're taught is pretty controversial, especially in syntax, so to a certain extent you can argue what you want, although this is probably less the case for Li1. Anyway, the teaching is good - who's your supervisor? You may well have my DoS.

Re: Bookcases, mine are almost all full - I have far too many books. The £3 a paperback CUP sale isn't helping things much either...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    There's a nice Big Issue seller who stands on the corner next to the Great St Mary's church/chapel. The first turning as you walk past King's. I'll have to admit I ignore Big Issue sellers, but when I said 'No thanks' to this one he said 'Cheers mate, have a good day', which was nice of him. Especially constrasted against the Sainsbury's one effing and swearing at people who don't buy it.
    Yeah, he's nice! I can understand why he is happy though, when most people just blank you or glare at you it must be nice to have a "no thank you".
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    he is a ****.
    Mmm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    The Gaza motion was defeated by a very large majority, about an hour after notice was served on the protesters to vacate the Faculty.

Only downside is I wasn't given the chance to speak.
    Yessssss

ReputationRep:
    Was there some sort of debate about it in the union then?

ReputationRep:
    My friend always buys Big Issues of the guy near Great St Mary's. [/irrelevant]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Was there some sort of debate about it in the union then?
    CUSU were debating it, I think.

Non Cambridge people always get confused when I explain the difference between the Union and CUSU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    My friend always buys Big Issues of the guy near Great St Mary's. [/irrelevant]
    'Ello.

Quite embarassing: I don't actually know where Clare is Is there any chance you'll collect me on Monday? :o: :p:

ReputationRep:
    CUSU were debating it, I think.
    Oh right, ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    'Ello.

Quite embarassing: I don't actually know where Clare is Is there any chance you'll collect me on Monday? :o: :p:
    Hmm if I went to collect you, it'd involve going immensely out of my way (as I could go via the back way of Clare) but I guess I can, yeh :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Yeah, they took a motion to CUSU, said motion is discussed in a lot of detail on previous pages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The West Wing)
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    ///
    Why, this term, has Sociology become a load of piss and just generally seems to be stating the patently obvious using stupid terms. Ie last week, we found out the media influence the public on various issues :eek: And today, we spent five minutes on how, since the development of radio/TV/etc, politicians have had to culture a media image!!! NEVER?!!:!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    about an hour after notice was served on the protesters to vacate the Faculty.
    Do they know what's gonna happen if the protesters don't leave by choice and if they're going to get sent down?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm if I went to collect you, it'd involve going immensely out of my way (as I could go via the back way of Clare) but I guess I can, yeh :p:
    Oh, go that way if it's quicker :p: I only asked because I thought your journey to 'somewhere between kings and trinity' took you past queens'.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.