Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    Since I don't even have any of you guys on FB and my last post on that topic was "I'm not sure whether I can come", I hope I'm not on that list? 'Cause I'll fairly certainly have to go somewhere else ...

By the way, how do I go about finding some of you guys on FB? I know a few people's first names (ukebert for example) but that doesn't help massively...
    Well, I don't know your real name (PM it to me and I'll say if you're on there/add you on facebook if you want) - I think the list was made up of people who'd confirmed attendance on the event.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    I'm going to jesus may ball
    :eek: I'm waiting online for ticckets now!

ReputationRep:
    Looks like some people have been locked inside.

Oops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vapid slut magician)
    yeah you did, you posted all over the net that you were there and had footage. Weird coincidence if someone from cambridge who also went by the alias chewwy was doing it...
    oooh, i remember. that was a lie. one day i made a list of 100ish cambridge buzz-words and started spamming random blogs.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    how do you visesh? whats happening?

ReputationRep:
    GRRRRRRR LOAD JEsus may bll site :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    how do you visesh? whats happening?
    It's on the wall of the group link I emailed you yesterday.

Back to bed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    I'm going to jesus may ball
    It looks quite good... is it Peter Pan themed, or am i getting mixed up?

Anyone staying for long vac term btw, for the intensive language course?

ReputationRep:
    GGRRR THEY SOLD OUT :mad: I got twobutloads of my friends havent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chewwy)
    the only one i particularly like the is the nice chubby man who stands on the road outside john lewis, and says lovely things like "good day ladies and gentlemen, maybe something a bit different to read later?" and things like that. he's nice.
    Yes, He's opposite Christ's quite a bit as well.

(Original post by FadedJade)
    I didnt get a message from facebook? I hope someone's got me a ticket!
    :ditto:

I keep asking to be added to the group/event in this thread, but no-one has

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    I keep asking to be added to the group/event in this thread, but no-one has
    It's private, so only admins can invite people to join - try asking Craggy or Lidka.

ReputationRep:
    I have a Jesus may ball ticket My bank account is not happy, though.... and doing Jesus and Downing back to back during May week will be fun.

If people want to come to the formal, I suggest you PM (on TSR/facebook) Lidka or CPF about it directly to get a ticket for you.

I need to go to bed - when it takes you 30 minutes to solve the quadratic equation x^2 + 3x + 2 = 0, I think it's time to stop doing maths.

ReputationRep:
    I hope I have a ticket, or I will be very annoyed :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miam!)
    Yeah, he's nice! I can understand why he is happy though, when most people just blank you or glare at you it must be nice to have a "no thank you".
    I always say "no thank you" :o:

(Original post by brimstone)
    Why, this term, has Sociology become a load of piss and just generally seems to be stating the patently obvious using stupid terms. Ie last week, we found out the media influence the public on various issues :eek: And today, we spent five minutes on how, since the development of radio/TV/etc, politicians have had to culture a media image!!! NEVER?!!:!! :rolleyes:
    In order to do convolution integrals one has to know how to add up

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Jesus too but lots of my friends have ended up on the waiting list.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and Orpheus is very very good, Breakfast at Night, the late this week, is rather less so :o: Funny bits in it but most of it is terrible.

And I'm beginning to think that I'm a hopeless romantic, despite all evidence to the contrary. Consider, Orpheus' bride dies of a snakebite. He decides to venture into Hell, barter for her life and if unsuccessful resolves to remain in hell for eternity.

My response? "yeah, sounds reasonable".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    :hitler:?

Btw, if anyone has a spare five minutes, could you please fill out http://camsocialscience.qualtrics.co...6KaQJbyVJsqvLC
    for my Psychology supervisor? Thanks
    I think Pol, Soc and Psycho have all gotten easier this term, but you're right, Soc's is the most profoundly easier. It might be because the Marx, Weber stuff was just too hard/boring and it's a nice contrast.

ReputationRep:
    Mad world:

http://www.derwesten.de/nachrichten/...11/detail.html

rough translation:
    Three girls were seen beating ducks at the Harkort lake yesterday, injuring several animals heavily. Witnesses called the fire brigade who tried to catch the injured ducks to treat them. Police have taken up investigations.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    If any of you SPSers need help with Marx then give me a shout, I've studied him at two different levels and have a shelf full of books.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    Mad world:

http://www.derwesten.de/nachrichten/...11/detail.html

rough translation:
    Three girls were seen beating ducks at the Harkort lake yesterday, injuring several animals heavily. Witnesses called the fire brigade who tried to catch the injured ducks to treat them. Police have taken up investigations.
    There are a number of things I do not understand about that...

Bed :yawn:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.