Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lidka)
    Sorry, I was expecting Craggy to invite you. Never mind, you will get a ticket.
    I'd better :hmmm:

Typical :dry:

I've been restringing some of my Charango to make it octave strung for the first 3 double courses and with timple tuning.

ReputationRep:
    Blegh. I should work.

ReputationRep:
    I just set up a google mail account to forward my mail to from hermes. Is there any simple/easy way to automatically forward all the pre-existing messages in my hermes account? Thanks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegluups)
    There's a german soc formal? Damn it, i didn't get the email..
    It's the 10th Feb, Jesus - I've PM'd you who to email if you want a place.... you speak German as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    It's the 10th Feb, Jesus - I've PM'd you who to email if you want a place.... you speak German as well?

yup...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    This makes me very sad The ducks in the local park were one of the best things about my small German village...

Don't suppose you're going to the German Soc formal, btw?
    I'm not a member of German Soc (wasn't too excited about them when I saw it at Freshers' Fair), but I am actually contemplating going to that formal, I've never been to Jesus before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    I'd better :hmmm:

Typical :dry:
    Don't pull mardy faces at me, mister. :mad: :p: The tickets have run out and I need two more, assuming everyone who's confirmed can make it. I'll email our catering manager and beg...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lidka)
    Don't pull mardy faces at me, mister. :mad: :p: The tickets have run out and I need two more, assuming everyone who's confirmed can make it. I'll email our catering manager and beg...
    I love getting information from two different sources at more or less the same time

Fingers crossed etc. Could you add me to the event anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    I'm not a member of German Soc (wasn't too excited about them when I saw it at Freshers' Fair), but I am actually contemplating going to that formal, I've never been to Jesus before.
    I know! The guy running the stall looked incredibly bored... If you want to go, I can PM you the guy to email

ReputationRep:
    yup...
    I never fail to be impressed by multi-lingual europeans... you guys put GB to shame :/

ReputationRep:
    Johns >> QUeens :ninja:
    I'll go against all my natural instincts and say I agree :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jcb914)
    I just set up a google mail account to forward my mail to from hermes. Is there any simple/easy way to automatically forward all the pre-existing messages in my hermes account? Thanks...
    Why are you doing this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    my friend met her now fiance at a German Soc formal.
    my friend got beaten up after a German Soc formal.

(Original post by Chewwy)
    oooh, i remember. that was a lie. one day i made a list of 100ish cambridge buzz-words and started spamming random blogs.
    That's pretty funny

ReputationRep:
    Presumably he, like me, uses his previous messages as a reference instead of writing stuff down in his diary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    Why are you doing this?
    Huh? Most of the old messages I haven't deleted I still want to keep, and it'd be easier if they could be sent to my googlemail and then organised in there.....Tell me if I'm missing something?!

ReputationRep:
    Huh? Most of the old messages I haven't deleted I still want to keep, and it'd be easier if they could be sent to my googlemail and then organised in there.....Tell me if I'm missing something?!
    lol. use thunderbird (or similar). it'll get all your old stuff, and has a million other advantages on top. http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/products/thunderbird/

quite why 90% of cambridge seems read their email through a web browser, i do not know.

ReputationRep:
    As Chewwy says, it'd be better to use Thunderbird or something, and there are instructions on how to set that up on the Hermes page

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chewwy)
    lol. use thunderbird (or similar). it'll get all your old stuff, and has a million other advantages on top. http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/products/thunderbird/

quite why 90% of cambridge seems read their email through a web browser, i do not know.
    Thanks...how do I set it up? Is it POP or IMAP? What the hell is the "incoming server"?

I'm so crap at this.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks...how do I set it up? Is it POP or IMAP? What the hell is the "incoming server"?

I'm so crap at this.
    I think you can use POP, but that's not the point, surely. Use IMAP with Hermes (on Thunderbird), works like a charm. Setup instructions are somewhere on the Computing Service pages.

ReputationRep:

I'm so crap at this.
    http://www.cam.ac.uk/cs/email/muasettings/mozilla.html

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.