Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    My 3 bookcases are overflowing I need to sell some book and/or return some to the library at some point. I've had a couple out since my first term. :flute:

I swear I must have a good £2000 worth of textbooks around
    Right, I'm bored. I've taken some pics of about 2/3 of my medical books.

I should probably be reading them instead of taking photos of them...:/
    Spoiler:
    Show

There are a few books that don't really belong there. Rep to anyone who spots the most:P

ReputationRep:
    I see Unix in a Nutshell!

edit: and also 24 season 2

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

There are a few books that don't really belong there. Rep to anyone who spots the most:P
    wow... which year are you in?

I mean.. is that all the books you've accumulated each year?? do all medics need that many... or have you just gone crazy ?

PS : im not sure i completely understand the concept of an "anatomy colouring book"
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wow, thats a lot of stolen,i mean 'borrowed' library books! It's kinda obvious which ones they are.

ReputationRep:
    Tom: that's 2. The others are probably not too obvious at that resolution

FJ: They are not stolen TYVM:p:. We get termly loans and unlimited online renewals at King's (as long as no one requests it...which is rare.) The ones from the library are mostly 4th(+) year books (apart from an anatomy, pharmacology and physiology book which I refer to a lot)

Gluups: I am probably slightly mad- I like to keep books I've found useful in the past. I'm a 4th year.

The colouring book is pretty handy actually. It's just another way for more visual/kinesthetic learners to learn anatomy, instead of just memorising various origins and attachments of muscles, and medial/lateral/superficial/deep/anterior/posterior/inferior/superior etc. relationships of things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    My medic friends all have the anatomy colouring book...
    Do they say it's any good? I don't know if it's a standard text, but everyone seems to have it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Do they say it's any good? I don't know if it's a standard text, but everyone seems to have it.
    It's not a standard text in the literal sense, but it's recommended if you're into that sort of thing. You only really need one clinical anatomy book, and maybe an atlas, of which there are LOTS to choose from. People prefer different styles and often end up using more than one of each type book. A combination of the dissecting manual we're all issued with and an atlas will more than suffice for exams.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds right, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supergrunch)
    I don't know, I think there's more original thought than in the other modules - you can try and think up your own examples by applying the theory you learn to different organisms, which I found great fun. What don't you like about the diversity lectures by the way? I found them a bit routine, but it was mostly just classification really. Anyway, my friend's doing animal biology (probably the closest module to E&B), plant and microbial sciences (I think) and possibly pathology.

Which professor?
    Well, it was a bit "there was this theory, but there's also this, and this might be related, but this isn't, this could be true, but maybe it isn't" etc - it was all a bit too all over the place and confusing! Apparently our lecturer was on a sabbatical the past two years, so your year had a different lecturer who went through the routine classification stuff more.

And - http://www.gen.cam.ac.uk/About/News/mikespage.html

ReputationRep:
    Genuine legend.

ReputationRep:
    That is a lot of books visesh.

Varsity is unbelievable. How did Orpheo get 2 stars and Breakfast at Night get 4?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excalibur)
    And - http://www.gen.cam.ac.uk/About/News/mikespage.html
    He was awesome.

ReputationRep:
    What the hell is wrong with me? :mad:

I very nearly sent off an email signed ukebert. Thank the lord I noticed in time...

Oh, and I'm secretary of the CUCB now :o:

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge would be so much better without the essays....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)

I very nearly sent off an email signed ukebert. Thank the lord I noticed in time...
    That's actually great, I'm glad I've never done it.

"Hi, here's my essay for the supervision.

thanks,

Supergrunch"

ReputationRep:

thanks,

Supergrunch"

Heh, I know why. I've been sending out mass PM's on a regular basis for over 6 months, all signed as below with one of the many titles I've held:

Regards,

ukebert
    Commissar for the Denigration of Disobedience and Individual Thought
    Commissar for Recruitment and External Affairs
    Secretary General
    Deputy Speaker
    Barman of the HoC

ReputationRep:
    Hrm, that example sheet didn't go well AT ALL.
    I'm going to mail my supervisor that he probably won't get it till 24h after the deadline, otherwise it's just going to be 30% of it, and I can't be bothered to hand that in. I'm trying to do some more, but my concentration is rapidly decreasing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)

Oh, and I'm secretary of the CUCB now :o:
    Are you guys doing the ceilidh for cambridge marrow next week? That's my old stomping ground:cool: We've had a ceilidh with you for the past 4 or so years now

ReputationRep:

thanks,

Supergrunch"

hahaha... that would be... I wonder...

Sir,
    Can I please swap my supervision with X?
    Thank you
    thegluups

So what exactly IS an anatomy colouring book?

EDIT : K.T, for the german soc, do you know what date the formal actually is?

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

wow thats a lot of books mate. though i suppose at a quick count i have 12 on my shelves after one term so i guess its understandable.
    joining us tonight in the saltmarsh rooms?

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.