Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    :banghead:

I have less than two hours to do 12 questions. And I am on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    who're the ***** banging the drums on the street? Some of us are trying to work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    who're the ***** banging the drums on the street? Some of us are trying to work.
    It might be something to do with switching on of the Christmas lights...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    Go for it Don't miss the opportunity. Research is so much better when you really have a personal interest in what you're finding out.

Plus, on a more pragmatic note, when it all goes horribly wrong if it's your own work you can change what you're doing, take a new approach, or just flat-out ******** it if necessary, but if you're working for an academic you'll have to do it 'properly' (shock, horrror)
    Thanks You know that trend for men getting more firsts than women because they take more risks? Well I'm hoping its applicable here! :o:
    (Original post by minimo)
    Yeh, I heard it when I went to grab a coffee ten minutes ago
    It must be really annoying. Turn your music up?

ReputationRep:
    ohhhhhh :grumble:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Thanks You know that trend for men getting more firsts than women because they take more risks? Well I'm hoping its applicable here! :o:
    Take his advice, it's better put than mine :yes:

Argh. Sometimes it's just not worth it. What a wasted day.

ReputationRep:

Yeh, I heard it when I went to grab a coffee ten minutes ago
    It must be really annoying. Turn your music up?
    It's stopped now, thank God. I had a bit of a headache befort the banging so didnt want any music and the drumming just intensified it.

Oh well, 2 more pages to read and then it's tea break time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Jesus Christ, just FGI:/

http://www.wafflecompany.co.uk/map.html
    :rofl:
    I recommend buying a cheap small Cambridge A-Z from Ryder and Amies or somewhere and keep it in your handbag or book satchel, and googling of course :p:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:
    I recommend buying a cheap small Cambridge A-Z from Ryder and Amies or somewhere and keep it in your handbag or book satchel, and googling of course :p:
    I've been meaning to get an A-Z, but keep getting lost looking for somewhere that sells it :p:

/flippancy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Take his advice, it's better put than mine :yes:
    It sounded the same as your advice :wtf?: Anyway, I'm going to try and build a nuanced and balanced strategy which incorporates all the good advice. Somehow. :^^:

Ok back to work! I've got to finish an essay today, and I'm going out for dinner this evening. Another late night looms :rolleyes:

:hello: :vroam:

ReputationRep:
    It sounded the same as your advice :wtf?: Anyway, I'm going to try and build a nuanced and balanced strategy which incorporates all the good advice. Somehow. :^^:

Ok back to work! I've got to finish an essay today, and I'm going out for dinner this evening. Another late night looms :rolleyes:

:hello: :vroam:
    Did you put that mouse in my pidge? i haven't had a chance to check yet. If not I can come over and pick it up. I'm not getting anything done here.

ReputationRep:
    IMO you can always use google maps, since the only time you find yourself going somewhere you don't know without having a chance to google it is when you're out with people who do know the way.

I am running dangerously low on paper

ReputationRep:
    Funnily enough I have to make just the same decision this week. Have to decide on a dissertation title.

On the one hand would like to look into the water quality in some of the rivers where I live (curious because some haven't been rated by the env. agency. like they should have been, as far as I can find out). But not sure I can spin that up into a serious enough research question for a master's dissertation (if I'm honest, it's not an important issue that needs investigating - I just kinda want to satisfy my curiousity and practise my water analysis).

Or on the other I'm discussing a few projects that various academics would like done, but none really grabs my interest all that strongly... plus I hate the idea of being accountable for my results to someone else, since my usual approach to assessed project work is to invent and b u llsh it my way through when inevitably it all doesn't go quite to plan.

Have to decide this week though

ReputationRep:
    What a wasted day.
    :ditto:

Ah well, it's not over just yet. Maybe I can do something productive today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jcb914)
    :ditto:

Ah well, it's not over just yet. Maybe I can do something productive today.
    I don't think I will. I feel like death, simmered for 45 minutes under a low flame and served with asparagus to a hungry family of 4.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I will. I feel like death, simmered for 45 minutes under a low flame and served with asparagus to a hungry family of 4.
    If I hadn't used my rep today, that would get it!
    Tomorrow :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I feel all christmassssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssy now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    Ewwwwww :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    I'm making a serious attempt not to feel Christmassy before we go down. Otherwise it'll just get me distracted from work.

On that note, I just realised I have about a hundred pages from a Psychology textbook to make notes on before tomorrow, as well as notes from two books on language development, a book on cognitive development, finish off Brutus' notes from the Federalist Paper collection, locate and have a look at Storing's book on the anti-Federalists, read Weber's political writings, make notes on three books on Weber's political writings and go out to a club tonight - all before Tuesday 9am.

Looks like it'll be an all nighter tomorrow, perhaps?

And I just seem to be ignoring Soc Anth reading totally. Haven't done any except essay reading since I've been here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    It will get better :p:

And thanks for the rep Fourth gold, fourth gold, etc. :yes:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.