Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    They have constants in front of them
    Divide top and bottom by sin t? Should give something like (1 + k^2cot^2 t)^-0.5, giving something messy but doable after u = kcot t?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Divide top and bottom by sin t? Should give something like (1 + k^2cot^2 t)^-0.5, giving something messy but doable after u = kcot t?
    Well it's perfectly doable as it is, it's just routine. I just don't want to do it :p:

ReputationRep:
    Stop Talking Maths!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Well it's perfectly doable as it is, it's just routine. I just don't want to do it :p:
    Yeah, I'm slightly sick of integration. Especially the time I spent about an hour trying to figure out how to integrate 1/(1 + x^2) last week. Major idiot moment...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    Stop Talking Maths!!!
    You make baby Cauchy cry.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm slightly sick of integration. Especially the time I spent about an hour trying to figure out how to integrate 1/(1 + x^2) last week. Major idiot moment...
    It's differentiation :p: The tedious integration comes later on in the sheet

And I love that integral

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    It would be better if there was a mathematician that sounded like Jesus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    You make brimstone cry :sad: :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    It's differentiation
    *facepalm*

In other news, I hate the quotient rule. I can never remember it, so have to use the product rule instead, which requires more algebra.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    You make brimstone cry :sad: :bawling:
    :poke: Sorry? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    :poke: Sorry? :p:
    You poke people with sticks to stop them crying? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I am crap at Integration. I'm convinced that I still haven't remembered one of the rules that I learned for A-level and subsequently forgot all about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    I am crap at Integration. I'm convinced that I still haven't remembered one of the rules that I learned for A-level and subsequently forgot all about.
    \int y dx = y \int dx = xy :yep:

Edit: just realised that, ironically, this pretty much sums up the maths in our electromagnetism course...

ReputationRep:
    You poke people with sticks to stop them crying? :p:
    I don't want to get too close to them in case they're infectious :p:

ReputationRep:
    Can't this nasty maths stuff go in PMs or something? This is supposed to be light-hearted chat and you've made it all nasty

ReputationRep:
    Can't this nasty maths stuff go in PMs or something? This is supposed to be light-hearted chat and you've made it all nasty
    It is light-hearted chat...

ReputationRep:
    It is light-hearted chat...
    It's got all weird symbols in it though

I find maths so depressing

ReputationRep:
    It's nowhere near as bad as the random linguistics stuff :p: although that is quite interesting

ReputationRep:
    I find maths so depressing
    Maths is fun

Got a mechanics book from the library last night: turns out lagrangians have some pretty cool awesome happening.

(Original post by ukebert)
    It's nowhere near as bad as the random linguistics stuff :p: although that is quite interesting
    Yeah, I find it quite interesting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    What's the plan for Monday? :p:
    I think there's a facebook group for that one - it's at Clare, but I'm not going, so I'm really not sure about timings & such like :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.