Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    It is. So you get the equation r'' + kr' = kU + g, which you then solve by putting r = Ae^(mt) for the homogeneous solution (note that m=0 is a solution!) and kr' = kU + g for the particular solution. Work out your constants of integration with r(0) = 0, r'(0) = V. Comes out nicely, just messily.
    I miss maths/physics...

You're doing forces right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hermaphrodite)
    Is this old news to you guys?

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/cn_n....asp?ID=386321

have any of you met him IRL?
    he was in varsity the other week. it's all very well and obv a massive achievement but looking carefully down the list.
    there are 4 mathematics (probs quite a bit of overlap)
    2 biology (again overlap)
    2 geography (ditto)
    both computing and ICT (ditto)
    as well as quite a few from the "suitable only as fourth a level subjects" list (though i guess thats what they are :p: )

He chose to study computer science to "indulge a passion" and hopes to go on to study medicine at Cambridge when he completes his first degree.
    thats quite funny too as in chemistry (the ESSENTIAL subject for medicine) he's only got a B
    having said all that i am hugely impressed just for the scale of achievement esp. as in psychology he started studying it three days before the exam and got an A :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=801879

roffle

ReputationRep:
    This is awesome. At formal last night, the starter was some mushroom crap, but with a piece of toast in the exact shape of a dachshund on top

ReputationRep:
    I'm still a formal ticket short for Monday. :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    Also, as my last facebook status said, I think my physics supervision work is in the bin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    Can I ask a favour of someone going to Nandos tomorrow night? I think I'm getting into Cambridge at 4 (by which time all the supermarkets will be shut, yes?), and the hotel I've been put up in isn't in the centre of town, and doesn't appear to be a B&B. Please could someone get me a pain au chocolat or something pastry-ish to have for breakfast on Monday morning, so I don't faint half way through my first interview? I'll pay you back as soon as I see you
    I can do that

ReputationRep:
    Chaps, a **** that I had the privalege of refusing entry to the MUN created some thread entitled "Breaking BBC news on ukebert member of the student room..."

I gather (as I'm on the mod's mailing list for reasons that they haven't got round to correcting) that it is mildly insulting and I'm rather intrigued to know what it says. However, I can't get onto it, whether because it has already been deleted or whether it's in one of the areas that I'm banned in. Did anyone see it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Chaps, a **** that I had the privalege of refusing entry to the MUN created some thread entitled "Breaking BBC news on ukebert member of the student room..."

I gather (as I'm on the mod's mailing list for reasons that they haven't got round to correcting) that it is mildly insulting and I'm rather intrigued to know what it says. However, I can't get onto it, whether because it has already been deleted or whether it's in one of the areas that I'm banned in. Did anyone see it?
    I think it was just incoherent directed babble, nothing actually personal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    I think it was just incoherent directed babble, nothing actually personal.
    Ah shame.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, just opened my wallet to find 6 50p coins. No idea where they came from...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Hmm, just opened my wallet to find 6 50p coins. No idea where they came from...
    only one thing for it... quiz machine!!!

(or laundry but thats no where near as fun)

ReputationRep:
    Have we yet decided whether it would be appropriate to start a little earlier so that I can pop in and say hi before my Ceilidh? :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    Have we yet decided whether it would be appropriate to start a little earlier so that I can pop in and say hi before my Ceilidh? :puppyeyes:
    Oooh, that must be the marrow ceilidh :proud:

Are we going to meet in the Nandos in town or the chavplex?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)

Might be :ninja: I have no idea why Marrows are involved though.

ReputationRep:
    Might be :ninja: I have no idea why Marrows are involved though.
    http://www.srcf.ucam.org/marrow/

ReputationRep:

Town, I assume.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.srcf.ucam.org/marrow/
    That kind of Marrow...

It should be a fantastic ceilidh actually, we've got 7 current or former committee members playing, including 2 presidents, with a third calling Not that being on the committee means that you're any good of course :flute: but there are some of the best musicians in the band playing.

ReputationRep:
    Assuming you know the way to the centre of town from the rail station, Nando's is pretty easy to find. It's on the same road as Wetherspoon's; i.e. the road you have to walk to get to the centre of town from the rail station

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    I'm going to need someone/several someones to meet me somewhere obvious in town, as I don't know where Nandos is - any suggestions for someone coming from the vicinity of the train station? I may be lazy and bus it in.
    From the station, take the Citi 1 or Citi 7 from the bus stop on the LHS of the road as you look at the station.

If you're walking, walk to the bottom of station road, turn right and keep walking straight, past the major junction with Lensfield Road. Nandos will be on your left, past Wetherspoons. It's about 20 minutes from the station.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.