Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    No college requires guests to wear gowns to formals. Only college members have to.
    Excellent

ReputationRep:
    I like Gowns :hmmm:

If I get a ticket I'll turn up in one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Now you know who I am :yep:
    I've met you before :p: but you do look different to how I remember!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    I've met you before :p: but you do look different to how I remember!
    I know :p: It's because my hair is all short now :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    I like Gowns :hmmm:
    1: We know.
    2: Nobody's asking you not to wear it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hooray! Room's kind of tidy now. And after nearly throwing my laptop out the window after a very.long.time. of trying to convince my Tmobile online account to delete the Barclays direct debit and set one up with my new Abbey, I finally got that and my SpecSavers direct debit sorted out by ringing them up :rolleyes: Just how £600 got lost moving from Barclays to Abbey I don't know, but I'm avoiding panicking just yet...
    The porters allegedly can do nothing to let me book the guest room for my friend despite the fact that its unoccupied. College just doesn't do weekends! :banghead:

*sigh* :work:

ReputationRep:
    Yay, I can deffo do 6.30 for nando's so will be able to see athena!

If anyone fancies a drink later (around 8.30/9) you should follow me on to the Eugene Onegin launch party were there will be a free (apparently) Black Russian or Moscow Mule waiting for you courtesy of CUOS

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't well yesterday or part of today and have therefore not even finished reading for my essay that's due at 12 tomorrow. I reckon I can get the reading done before the supervision on Monday, but not the essay. Given that it's the weekend, how likely is my supervisor to be sympathetic? When I say I wasn't well - I was plagued with panic attacks and thought it was a bad idea to work I don't know whether to explain this to him or whether it looks like I'm making excuses. My supervision pair is already behind the others in college, I'm not sure he'd be impressed with this.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    I wasn't well yesterday or part of today and have therefore not even finished reading for my essay that's due at 12 tomorrow. I reckon I can get the reading done before the supervision on Monday, but not the essay. Given that it's the weekend, how likely is my supervisor to be sympathetic? When I say I wasn't well - I was plagued with panic attacks and thought it was a bad idea to work I don't know whether to explain this to him or whether it looks like I'm making excuses. My supervision pair is already behind the others in college, I'm not sure he'd be impressed with this.
    Sometimes you need some time off to stop yourself going insane; if your supervisor doesn't understand this, tough. Don't work yourself silly and hand in a load of rubbish for his sake. It does mean you're kinda half-wasting a supervision, but that's better than wearing yourself out and handing in something you know you could do a lot better given more time, and then not feeling up to doing next week's essay.

ReputationRep:
    My supervisors have always been sympathetic. Just email them beforehand and inform them of your predicament.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    On another note, I have to write a little German story called "if Cambridge students were fish...". How many school-related puns do we think I can fit in?

ReputationRep:
    I have just completed a very long and very tedious integration (cos(wt)sin(2nt)) to find that I have it completely and utterly wrong. So wrong, indeed, that I have no idea where my error could possibly be.

It annoys me that even though I've done nearly all of the work for my supervisions next week within 5 hours (it wasn't that much) I still feel guilty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    1: We know.
    2: Nobody's asking you not to wear it :rolleyes:
    At the moment nobody is asking me to wear it either

ReputationRep:
    I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooove my gown :suith: I'm so glad that at Caius formal and superhall we have to wear our gowns I'd wear mine anyway. It's so lovely. It is in fact the very reason why I applied to Cambridge, and one of the reasons why I chose Caius- we have the most gown-wearing opportunities of all the colleges. Plus our gowns are snazzy- navy blue with a black velvet trim. So fetching

ReputationRep:
    I like to think that Peterhouse gowns have a certain elegant simplicity to them...

When can you wear your gowns in Caius then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Sometimes you need some time off to stop yourself going insane; if your supervisor doesn't understand this, tough. Don't work yourself silly and hand in a load of rubbish for his sake. It does mean you're kinda half-wasting a supervision, but that's better than wearing yourself out and handing in something you know you could do a lot better given more time, and then not feeling up to doing next week's essay.
    Thanks, I'll probably email him then. I'm absolutely shattered - I had about 2 hours sleep last night because of this and if I push myself through another all nighter tonight I will be a vegetable by Monday. I'm being rubbish this term

ReputationRep:
    Don't be too hard on yourself, Zoedotdot. Best of luck with everything.

ReputationRep:
    I like our gowns. Gowns are good. So are ducks. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    I like our gowns. Gowns are good. So are ducks. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Hmm... ducks in gowns...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    Hmm... ducks in gowns...
    It's a plan, let's go.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.