Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavalse)
    or it could be like in my college where its all done completely randomly! but tbh i think Newnham has the best policy ive heard of, a random ballot for 2nd year which is then reversed in 3rd year. i really dont agree with scholars rooms...
    We do that - a random ballot for 2nd year, reversed in the 3rd. We can go into the ballot either alone or with a group of friends (in syndicates of up to 6), so that we can live with a group of friends if we want to.

ReputationRep:
    guys!

anyone fancy walking up with me to nandos? And what time are we meeting exactly? )I don't have time to read through everything). i have so much work though , I don't know how long I'll be able to stay.

AND YAY! the awesome Cragster's back :nutcase: :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    guys!

anyone fancy walking up with me to nandos? And what time are we meeting exactly? )I don't have time to read through everything). i have so much work though , I don't know how long I'll be able to stay.

AND YAY! the awesome Cragster's back :nutcase: :love:
    I will!! I was about to ask you the same thing! We're meeting there at 6:30 apparently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    I will!! I was about to ask you the same thing! We're meeting there at 6:30 apparently.
    6.20 outside Caius, then?

ReputationRep:
    Coolio See you then!

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, Clare formal tomorrow :eek: What time should I meet people and where? *doesn't know way around Clare*

ReputationRep:
    (do you mind if i also meet you there? if you see someone with curly hair looking ridiculously hangovered/rough... that will be me...:shifty: )

we had the annual john's law society dinner... :shifty:

looking back at what happened... you have to say... cambridge is special... not many places where you'll be - whilst tipsy- having a conversation with one of the most prominent judges in the european court (him being completely pissed )

then more wine in someone's room...
    then even more wine in my room...
    and then two people having forgotten their shoes in my room trying to come back in (whilst i was half way through getting in my pj... so literally just had my dressing gown).. and who wanted to engage in very thoughtful drunk conversation... and who wouldn't want to get out..:sigh:

interesting evening, to say the least, shall we say...:o:

oh dear... getting drunk on wine is baaad...:sigh:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by brimstone)
    Ooh, Clare formal tomorrow :eek: What time should I meet people and where? *doesn't know way around Clare*
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegluups)
    (do you mind if i also meet you there? if you see someone with curly hair looking ridiculously hangovered/rough... that will be me...:shifty: )

we had the annual john's law society dinner... :shifty:

looking back at what happened... you have to say... cambridge is special... not many places where you'll be - whilst tipsy- having a conversation with one of the most prominent judges in the european court (him being completely pissed )

then more wine in someone's room...
    then even more wine in my room...
    and then two people having forgotten their shoes in my room trying to come back in (whilst i was half way through getting in my pj... so literally just had my dressing gown).. and who wanted to engage in very thoughtful drunk conversation... and who wouldn't want to get out..:sigh:

See you then! I also have ridiculously curly hair Am not hungover though.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

So all in all, a good night.

ReputationRep:
    Everybody - lets just meet outside Clare plodge tomorrow. (7:15) Next to the side entrance of Kings. Go down Senate Passage off of Kings Parade and turn left basically.
    Either that or Clare Cellars - but not everyone may know it.

(Original post by Zoedotdot)
    That Peterhouse room points thing sounds absolutely mad Emma's an academic college and we don't have any of that nonsense. Just lots of money if you do well :p:
    Peterhouse is academic. Its just employing tactics to remind the undergraduates that this is the case...
    (Original post by ukebert[I like the Back Room There are [B)
    occasionally[/B] some decent chat threads on there...
    Occasionally being the operative word. You're just very tolerant/hard to annoy. The overall experience is too irritating for me to stick around to wait for those 'occasions'.
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Part of the problem is that we did quite well last year, for which I of course claim part of the credit
    What are you talking about? :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    SNOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!! woop!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    So all in all, a good night.
    Yeah, defo a good night, i hadn't been drunk once yet at Uni... so thats all good...

at the end it was a bit annoying though... would have liked to stay and chat... but ... not in my dressing gown lol

my room is such a ***** mess now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Peterhouse is academic. Its just employing tactics to remind the undergraduates that this is the case...Occasionally being the operative word. You're just very tolerant/hard to annoy. The overall experience is too irritating for me to stick around to wait for those 'occasions'.
    Aren't all colleges "academic"? Unless you're going by Tompkins Table performance, in which case Peterhouse probably wouldn't be classed as one of the more academic? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munro90)
    SNOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!! woop!

I want to see a white Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jcb914)
    Aren't all colleges "academic"? Unless you're going by Tompkins Table performance, in which case Peterhouse probably wouldn't be classed as one of the more academic? :confused:
    It would now. It only missed the top 16 by one place last year.

And yes of course they are all academic :rolleyes: - Zoe just made an odd statement :shifty: Which is why I jokingly replied to it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    Ooh, is it snowing in Cam already? It's dry but cold here.
    its stopped...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    It would now. It only missed the top 16 by one place last year.

And yes of course they are all academic :rolleyes: - Zoe just made an odd statement :shifty: Which is why I jokingly replied to it...
    In the past 8 years, Peterhouse has never been in the top 50% of colleges. But, yeah, whatever. Cambridge is Cambridge, so slating some colleges as more "academic" than others doesn't really work.

ReputationRep:
    I want to see a white Cambridge
    You missed it. We had it Easter last year and the 5th of Jan this year.

Btw, from facebook pics your hair isn't *really* curly. Its just curly. (just for the sake of the others' recognition) Maybe it'll look different irl though.

I think I might go to gym now just to be outside while it snows

:dumbells:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jcb914)
    In the past 8 years, Peterhouse has never been in the top 50% of colleges. But, yeah, whatever. Cambridge is Cambridge, so slating some colleges as more "academic" than others doesn't really work.

I didn't say it was in the top 50%. I said it was one off of the top 16 which seems to be the number/division that gets used alot.

It doesn't. Its like the stupid subject dissing that happens.

Anyway from my view I'm somewhere old and pretty. I only care what I get in exams, not everyone else :o:

Argh TSR is refusing to load all of my posts :hmpf:

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.