Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    While we're on the subject of adverts, does the coursework.info bot in the academic help section annoy anyone else? I only ever look in physics and maths, and it's annoying to see "Plagiarise your A-level or GCSE coursework!1!!!" irrelenvantly posted as a response to quantitative questions that don't get an immediate response.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    They're about 1 quid each, so I don't really fancy paying three times as much for packaging and postage.
    This shop is good if they have what you want. http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=777

You don't have to pay postage and packing for the UK and they're in Jersey so you may not have to pay VAT (though I'm not sure about that, it's just a vague memory). They're also quick and reliable from what I've seen.

ReputationRep:
    I think I might get a summer job at a very renowned research institute back home, yeah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Sorry Tom. I have a rubbish memory. I do use firefox you know... :p:
    And...you've never installed adblocker? Strange person :cool:

This link to install: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...1-fx+sm+tb.xpi

And this one to add a filterset (necessary): abp://subscribe/?location=http%3A%2F%2Feasylist. adblockplus.org%2Fadblock_rick75 2.txt&title=EasyList (copy it to address bar and hit enter)

ReputationRep:
    Ryvitas smothered (separately) in cheese and taramasalata after gym is a near transcendental experience! :coma:
    [For the record: I don't diet! The ryvitas are just because I get really fed up of buying bread and using three slices before it dries out/goes mouldy]
    The only compromise to the transcendence is the racket (sp?) that my housemate and her boyfriend are making beneath me :dry: I'll be off the the library after feeding... :teeth:

ReputationRep:

The only compromise to the transcendence is the racket (sp?) that my housemate and her boyfriend are making beneath me :dry:
    One way to get through the tedium that is sunday afternoon...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    And...you've never installed adblocker? Strange person :cool:

This link to install: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...1-fx+sm+tb.xpi

And this one to add a filterset (necessary): abp://subscribe/?location=http%3A%2F%2Feasylist. adblockplus.org%2Fadblock_rick75 2.txt&title=EasyList (copy it to address bar and hit enter)
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    One way to get through the tedium that is sunday afternoon...
    Speak for yourself. Tedium is not an experience I've ever felt while being at Cambridge! And they're watching a film and laughing very loudly :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ryvitas smothered (separately) in cheese and taramasalata after gym is a near transcendental experience! :coma:
    [For the record: I don't diet! The ryvitas are just because I get really fed up of buying bread and using three slices before it dries out/goes mouldy]
    The only compromise to the transcendence is the racket (sp?) that my housemate and her boyfriend are making beneath me :dry: I'll be off the the library after feeding... :teeth:
    I love ryvita, I shall try that

God, I think I nearly had a heart attack. I was trying to download endnote and my computer went mental. I tried to turn it off and switch it back on and it WOULD NOT COME ON. I have back ups of stuff but not off everything and not the stuff that I have been working on for the last few days (which included my dissertation.) Luckily it seems to be working once more.

It was a very scary experience, however.

ReputationRep:
    I feared as much. Lol at 'wonder year' I'm not sure whether I ought to feel proud or horrified at being part of this year... Just buy one of their amazing pots of olives to snack on :love: Would you like to borrow mine? Its one of those adjustable ones with multiple bits.Sorry Tom. I have a rubbish memory. I do use firefox you know... :p:
    Proud :p:

I've realised that unless I go into town within the next 30s or so there is very little chance that I will be able to do any work at all :o:

And thanks for the offer, but I do need a little set of my own. Then again, if I can't find any for a reasonable price I may have to borrow yours :o: My friction pegs are becoming annoyingly unscrewed :dry:

(Original post by Scipio90)
    While we're on the subject of adverts, does the coursework.info bot in the academic help section annoy anyone else? I only ever look in physics and maths, and it's annoying to see "Plagiarise your A-level or GCSE coursework!1!!!" irrelenvantly posted as a response to quantitative questions that don't get an immediate response.
    I think it's quite funny :o:

EDIT: Minimo, make more backups! Do it now :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    It was a very scary experience, however.
    Eeek - and I'm so lazy with backup too.
    Have you quickly safeguarded your diss now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    And thanks for the offer, but I do need a little set of my own. Then again, if I can't find any for a reasonable price I may have to borrow yours :o: My friction pegs are becoming annoyingly unscrewed :dry:
    I really don't mind you having it on semi-permanent loan as long as you don't lose it! It was a present from my Uncle for Christmas - quite a good one, but I still don't expect to need it for awhile. And then you can bring your set from home up next term probably?

ReputationRep:
    Why is my Politics supervisor taking ages to respond to my emails? :mad: Had a supervision a week and a half ago. She told me she would send me an essay title that day. Didn't send anything till I pestered her on Wednesday, and then didn't send a specific title - she just said 'Do an essay on Kant'. I replied within five minutes of her sending the email asking for clarifiction - if she meant choose a title from the paper guide - and she hasn't bothered to reply :mad:

ReputationRep:
    And all the books I want are out of the Selwyn library, and the SPS library doesn't open on Sundays :mad: TRYING TO HINDER MY ATTEMPT AT A DAY OF PRODUCTIVE WORK :mad: I feel so frustrated atm :mad: :mad: :bawling: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    Why is my Politics supervisor taking ages to respond to my emails? :mad: Had a supervision a week and a half ago. She told me she would send me an essay title that day. Didn't send anything till I pestered her on Wednesday, and then didn't send a specific title - she just said 'Do an essay on Kant'. I replied within five minutes of her sending the email asking for clarifiction - if she meant choose a title from the paper guide - and she hasn't bothered to reply :mad:
    Couldn't this be a good thing? Now you have a chance to pick your own custom-made essay about whatever you find interesting (or, failing that, easiest to understand) about Kant - better than working on a fixed title you don't like!

ReputationRep:
    Do you know where she lives?

ReputationRep:
    Brim, if you haven't already, choose a question from the paper guide. She can't complain- if she doesn't clarify she has to take what she gets!

Does anybody know what you're supposed to do with old broken phones? I can't be bothered to pay to fix them, and I think those charitable calls for old phones usually mean ones that still work :confused: If there is a charitable way to dispose I'd like to, but if not... they're not meant to go in the bin are they? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    And all the books I want are out of the Selwyn library, and the SPS library doesn't open on Sundays :mad: TRYING TO HINDER MY ATTEMPT AT A DAY OF PRODUCTIVE WORK :mad: I feel so frustrated atm :mad: :mad: :bawling: :mad:
    BRIM!!! Calm down. What do you need? I can get you something from the Ward (Peterhouse) and you can give it back tomorrow?

(none of our first year books will be taken out because we HAVE no first years :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Do you know where she lives?
    ...?

ReputationRep:
    Brim, if you haven't already, choose a question from the paper guide. She can't complain- if she doesn't clarify she has to take what she gets!

Does anybody know what you're supposed to do with old broken phones? I can't be bothered to pay to fix them, and I think those charitable calls for old phones usually mean ones that still work :confused: If there is a charitable way to dispose I'd like to, but if not... they're not meant to go in the bin are they? :confused:

Yes, don't bin them! They're WEEE, and can't go in landfill.

There are a lot of different recycling schemes around for them (some charitable), but otherwise I *think* that the shop you bought it from has to take it back and arrange to dispose of/recycle it themselves.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.