Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegluups)
    No way....:mad: that is so no true...

Ever heard of DrScheme? worse programming language ever...

and to be fair, i'm not that big a fan of java... i find the syntax really annoying
    Blasphemy! Functional Programming is far more enjoyable than dirty impure imperative languages... (and Scheme is a nice one at that!) :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Ml...

>_>

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ3d3KigPQM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by etp)
    Blasphemy! Functional Programming is far more enjoyable than dirty impure imperative languages... (and Scheme is a nice one at that!) :ninja:
    No its not!!! It's ridiculously complicated to do even the simplest things...
    although i have to admit that the list system is quite good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ3d3KigPQM
    I love that advert! This one is cool, too http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KS_6HHQ7jOA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegluups)
    No its not!!! It's ridiculously complicated to do even the simplest things...
    although i have to admit that the list system is quite good
    Really? I've found my code to by far terser and less buggy in Haskell than other paradigms, the main feat is thinking functionally when solving a problem

although admittedly, monads are a *****

ReputationRep:
    First the mathmos, now a load of wannabe-compscis :shifty:

I remember when this thread was dominated by philisophers :huff:

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of maths, I'm unsubscribing from the "Someone explain the meaning of maths to me?" thread. It was such a good thread until that stupid ******** Simplicity came along with his "maths iz only subject, all other useless" trolling. Shame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Oh, and Re: tomorrow

I bought a bottle of wine to bring today, before the warning of one for every two people. So if anyone would like an excuse to not biring one, you have me
    I'll share

What time shall I meet you at Queens' and where exactly do you want to meet? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Peterhouse is academic. Its just employing tactics to remind the undergraduates that this is the case...
    Meep, sorry, I appear to have started an argument with poor phrasing. Of course all colleges are academic. I guess I was talking in terms of the Tompkins table (which I realise isn't exactly the best measure). But however you look at it, Emma gets good results and likes doing so, but doesn't seem to feel that their undergraduates need 'reminding' of this - it seems to me that Emmanuel works more on a system of rewards than that of punishments - whatever floats your boat I guess Didn't mean to judge Peterhouse harshly at all, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    snow = snow + rugby = it was freezing today, but at least we won

I handed in my worst piece of work ever today, I have no idea what my supervisor is going to think to that

hope you're all currently having a nice time at Nando's!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    I'll share

What time shall I meet you at Queens' and where exactly do you want to meet? :p:
    Deal.

I dunno... 7? 7:10? Porter's Lodge?

I shall be at the Porter's Lodge at 7pm. But if you aren't - be warned I shall probably phone you to moan at how late you're being :p:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Ooh, Clare formal tomorrow :eek: What time should I meet people and where? *doesn't know way around Clare*
    Dunno, but wherever and whenever, you should meet me in B10 about ten minutes beforehand...

(Original post by K.T.)
    Why yes, I am - although in my defence, I don't think I made the best impression. But I suppose that's for you to say.
    I don't think you made a bad impression? Or if you did, I've forgotten about it. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Deal.

I dunno... 7? 7:10? Porter's Lodge?

I shall be at the Porter's Lodge at 7pm. But if you aren't - be warned I shall probably phone you to moan at how late you're being :p:
    But this means I have to sit near you :eek: :p:

Yup, I'll meet you at 7 then, and that'll get us to Clare on time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Dunno, but wherever and whenever, you should meet me in B10 about ten minutes beforehand...
    I'm meeting James (Gesar) at Queens' at 7, so 6.50 outside our Plodge?

ReputationRep:
    Re: Programming languages - everyone knows nothing is better than the TI calculator implementation of BASIC. No, not even python. :p:

And now, to d-structure, or lack thereof.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supergrunch)
    Re: Programming languages - everyone knows nothing is better than the TI calculator implementation of BASIC. No, not even python. :p:

And now, to d-structure, or lack thereof.
    I used to 'code' in that :eek: Our maths classes consisted of playing our version of snake on our calculators :p: :cool: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I recommend you kids arrive at 7.15 in order to get to sit together. Otherwise it's quite probably there will be a number of TSR parties.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supergrunch)
    Dozens of maths lessons were spent programming my TI calculator :love: I'm actually quite impressed with how efficient I made the programs. (The processor was about, oh, 1Hz ¬.¬)

ReputationRep:
    But this means I have to sit near you :eek: :p:
    :eyeball: We can throw the wine down the table if that suits more... :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.