Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhen Lin)
    I wonder if any lectures are going to be cancelled...
    :eyeball:
    Just because there is a minuscule amount of frozen water crystals on the ground ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhen Lin)
    I wonder if any lectures are going to be cancelled...
    Way too optimistic :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Aargh :>.<: Apparently cider followed by chocolate fudge cake and then Baileys was a very bad idea
    Major tummy ache for some reason
    :thumbdown: :yucky:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    :eyeball:
    Just because there is a minuscule amount of frozen water crystals on the ground ?
    This country takes snow very badly. :p: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7863374.stm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    I just had a massive snowball fight on Cripps lawn It's still going on but I can't feel my hands.:p:
    I was just talking to someone from Queens' about you :p: And it wasn't the nameless one, either :p:#

And I love snow, I wish I was having a snowball fight instead of doing the work I have to do because for some inexplicable reason I'm being sociable six nights in a row next week

ReputationRep:
    This country takes snow very badly. :p: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7863374.stm
    Yes, but I bet Cambridge will just roll on regardless. They've been doing it for 800 years etc. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    I was just talking to someone from Queens' about you :p: And it wasn't the nameless one, either :p:#

And I love snow, I wish I was having a snowball fight instead of doing the work I have to do because for some inexplicable reason I'm being sociable six nights in a row next week
    :eek: Who was it? Do I know them? What did you say? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thicky)
    :thumbdown: :yucky:
    Yeh... you could have posted that a few hours ago :rolleyes:
    (Original post by Tom)
    I remember when this thread was dominated by philisophers :huff:
    I've been thinking that alot lately :dry: What was I thinking getting all excited about the influx of freshers in October :eek: The new SPSlings don't even like SPS :bawling: and everybody else rambles on about either languages or maths; both equally incomprehensible :getmecoat: I'd try to cling to minimo, but I know nothing of Russian politics, and I'm not sure she'd been too keen to take my Bourdieu off of me.
    :p:

Zoe: Yeh I agree it sucks that our college uses the tactics that it does, and it sounds great that your environment is a little more positive. However it sounds like they push you guys more in other ways. Like your boyfriend being encouraged to do second year stuff and you getting more work than the other MMLers on this thread :dontknow: And don't worry - I knew you weren't dissing Peterhouse :p:

Gesar: I totally agree about winter! Hate summer and I'm loving today, this snow is awesome. Just a minute ago when I walked to the library it was thick enough for my tread not to push through to the ground I really hope it sticks around tomorrow.
    And I don't mind the temperature - an excuse to haul out my ski jacket

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Who was it? Do I know them? What did you say? :p:
    Sneha. I don't think you really know her. I was talking about my myriad plans for this week, and I mentioned our coincidental meeting. Apparently, you were incredibly pissed at some point last term, went to Cindies and met her in the cloakroom queue :p: She said she was from Queens', and the first thing you said was ':eek: Do you know <insert name here>?!' (Why do we never say his name? You started it ). And yeah. You said some other stuff which I won't repeat here

ReputationRep:
    [COLOR=#0099FF]The new SPSlings don't even like SPS :bawling:
    I love SPS Well, all of it except Sociology atm :o:

Thanks immensely for the books btw, they were really appreciated I've finished with both of them, so I'll bring them to Clare tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Gesar: I totally agree about winter! Hate summer and I'm loving today, this snow is awesome. Just a minute ago when I walked to the library it was thick enough for my tread not to push through to the ground I really hope it sticks around tomorrow.
    I've come to the conclusion I have either disabled and retarded temperature sensors, or my blood is super-heated because the cold never affects me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Sneha. I don't think you really know her. I was talking about my myriad plans for this week, and I mentioned our coincidental meeting. Apparently, you were incredibly pissed at some point last term, went to Cindies and met her in the cloakroom queue :p: She said she was from Queens', and the first thing you said was ':eek: Do you know <insert name here>?!' (Why do we never say his name? You started it ). And yeah. You said some other stuff which I won't repeat here
    :eek: I do remember that! And that was the night that The Nameless One was at Cindies. Wow, how bizarre, I'd totally forgotten about that until now. I had had a bottle and a half of wine that night, so barely remember any of it!
    So what was the other stuff I said? :p:

And in other news, I heard *insert name here* is now single :eek: :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I love SPS Well, all of it except Sociology atm :o:
    Ah ok. I hated Sociology in first year too. Especially the Lent stuff. It was only when I looked at the options for Part II that I fell in love :p:
    Thanks immensely for the books btw, they were really appreciated I've finished with both of them, so I'll bring them to Clare tomorrow.
    I'm glad they were the right ones.. the title wasn't totally the same as that in the text. And you're welcome - I know what its like to be in that situation. Last time it was really an emergency Apagg helped me! :love:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I should probably do work instead of trying to start arguments with people on tsr who correct people for writing with non-standard grammatical forms.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh... you could have posted that a few hours ago :rolleyes:

i hadn't realised it had snowed as much... it doesn't look like it... hopefully they'll be a lot of snow tonight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    I've come to the conclusion I have either disabled and retarded temperature sensors, or my blood is super-heated because the cold never affects me.
    Are you fat? :p: Or a vampire? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    :eek: I do remember that! And that was the night that The Nameless One was at Cindies. Wow, how bizarre, I'd totally forgotten about that until now. I had had a bottle and a half of wine that night, so barely remember any of it!
    So what was the other stuff I said? :p:
    Just some drunken rambling, I'm sure :p:
    And in other news, I heard *insert name here* is now single :eek: :ninja:
    Yes Which is crap, because as good a person as him doesn't deserve it.

ReputationRep:
    wow, just had a lot of fun in the snow! huge snow ball fight on our lawns =D
    i hope it snows more during the night. although having said that cycling to sidgwick tomorrow wont be fun!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavalse)
    wow, just had a lot of fun in the snow! huge snow ball fight on our lawns =D
    i hope it snows more during the night. although having said that cycling to sidgwick tomorrow wont be fun!!!!!

Is trying to understand how come everyone seems to have more snow than John's... :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    Just realised I shouldn't be snowball fighting anyway, because my ankle is crap

It doesn't hurt to walk on anymore, but dear lord is it messed up. So much bruising and randomly placed and quite local swelling. Plus the inexplicable black bruise running in a straight line along the side of my foot

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.