Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I don't think I'll be bringing alcohol because I don't really plan to drink, but if we have too much, I'm sure I'll be fine if I end up absorbing some.

ReputationRep:
    I feel grinchy complaining in the thread about snow, but the non-cambridge randomers there, are, as ever, meaning we have to stay in here to get relevant conversation...

ReputationRep:
    I'm considering dropping out, as I have a load of work. But I feel I ought to be coming as I've missed so many other things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    I don't think I'll be bringing alcohol because I don't really plan to drink, but if we have too much, I'm sure I'll be fine if I end up absorbing some.
    :ditto:

Will probably need to scoot off fairly quickly afterwards to do work, for which being sober is an advantage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    I feel grinchy complaining in the thread about snow, but the non-cambridge randomers there, are, as ever, meaning we have to stay in here to get relevant conversation...
    :banghead:

That is now the single most annoying thing about the forum. I've decided I can live with the multiple threads asking whether people will be rejected if they only get 6 As...but the randomers just clicking on threads from the front page....

:reaper: :motz: :shoot: :tomato:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Is that any of Profesh, generalebriety or Scipio? :p:
    No, just some randomer, although it'd be great fun to get into a linguistic argument with Profesh. Sadly most people I rebuke don't seem to bite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    Please come! I promise I won't be immature :puppyeyes: :flowers:
    Its not that simple. I don't want to selfishly go and make someone else miss out :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supergrunch)
    No, just some randomer, although it'd be great fun to get into a linguistic argument with Profesh. Sadly most people I rebuke don't seem to bite.
    Ugh.

Ugh.

Ugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thicky)
    Ugh.

Ugh.

Ugh.

ReputationRep:
    Ok I really ought to text my friend now. After loads of false alarms it transpires that not only could she come up tonight, but tomorrow her boss arranged another meeting at 12... which means that even if I did get up early and get there for 10 or so, I'd have 2hrs with her, and after the meeting (which may be an hour but may not) she has to go to Heathrow at 2:30.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh.

Ugh.

Ugh.
    OMG, I totally share the hate. The Profesh fangirls in the back room totally do my head in too.

ReputationRep:
    Bleh. Abandoned the work I need to do tonight as a lost cause. Now just need to tidy my room so I can actually let my bedder in this week...

ReputationRep:
    The ethical consent form is mocking me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    OMG, I totally share the hate. The Profesh fangirls in the back room totally do my head in too.
    I think his point was that I mistyped it - should be Profresh.

Not that I care. If you like, [r]→Ø / f __ e. But only when annoying people.

ReputationRep:
    I swear that half the time he just chooses words from a thesaurus because most of his sentences are so awkward they make me cringe.

ReputationRep:
    I swear that half the time he just chooses words from a thesaurus because most of his sentences are so awkward they make me cringe.
    Ah, it was a hatred for him rather than my typo. Hmm, I'd agree with that somewhat, yes. I just find it fun to argue with insanely prescriptive people, especially if they're self-proclaimed masters of vernacular.

ReputationRep:
    I think his point was that I mistyped it - should be Profresh.

Not that I care. If you like, [r]→Ø / f __ e. But only when annoying people.
    :p:

Don't make me add you to my list :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Profresh....[r]→Ø / f __ e
    :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    :eyeball:
    But only when annoying people.
    Phonological rules for fee.

Edit: *realises he is probably just confusing everyone* Read [r]→Ø / f __ e as "r is deleted between f and e." A linguistics joke that probably only Zhen Lin would get. :o:

ReputationRep:
    Phonological rules for fee.

Edit: *realises he is probably just confusing everyone* Read [r]→Ø / f __ e as "r is deleted between f and e." A linguistics joke that probably only Zhen Lin would get. :o:
    Ahem. Seeing as you'd just discussed missing out the 'r' it was not a massive leap (sorry Craggy :p: )

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.