Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excalibur)
    Downing - the Griffin is our college creature, or something. I can already see a few attempts on the paddock.

I only have one lecture today, so I can go and explore Cambridge town in its full glory I just realised I don't have many suitable shoes to wear though... it's resulted in rather too many near misses when walking to lectures.
    I'm contemplating flats to formal tonight coz I fancy having a drink or two and tipsy minimo + heels + slippery road = broken ankle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    I'm contemplating flats to formal tonight coz I fancy having a drink or two and tipsy minimo + heels + slippery road = broken ankle.
    Definitely. Or maybe boots. I can't walk in heels at the best of times (which I probably should get used to, to make me look slightly less of a midget...), let alone when drunk/icy!

ReputationRep:
    Downing - the Griffin is our college creature, or something. I can already see a few attempts on the paddock.
    We've had a duck on Front Court since at least morning. Behold:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    I want to go and play in the snow! But i came home to find an email from my supervisor wanting an essay so no can do....except maybe after formal! I'm really looking forward to it.
    If people are going to be doing this, I'll need to bring a change of clothes
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    My college are going to have a big snowball fight on parker's piece at 10pm. I may join them. I also want to rebuild the 4ft phallus the police made that guy knock down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    One of the Jesus dinosaurs now has a snowman rider :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Of course, staggering to lectures today may be quite difficult in the snow. I'm not sure if I will make it all the way there :indiff:
    ...all 10 metres of it :rolleyes:

I'm not feeling the cold Have taken the opportunity to fish out all of my cosy ski kit, and I just made my first snowman :king1:

ReputationRep:
    Not to be unsympathetic to the protesters or anything but I'm feeling stressed AND have a tension headache so this rhythmic banging on West Road is just getting on my nerves.

ReputationRep:

I only have one lecture today, so I can go and explore Cambridge town in its full glory I just realised I don't have many suitable shoes to wear though... it's resulted in rather too many near misses when walking to lectures.
    The griffin is on your coat of arms (a griffin segreant or) and was on the arms of the family of the founder, the Baronets of East Hatley.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lottie)
    Not to be unsympathetic to the protesters or anything but I'm feeling stressed AND have a tension headache so this rhythmic banging on West Road is just getting on my nerves.
    Is that the (anti)chinese/tibet lot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    There was traffic cone as a hat on its head at 2am :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilY?)
    There was traffic cone as a hat on its head at 2am :p:
    Any damage to my snowman will be looked upon most unfavourably :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    I also want to rebuild the 4ft phallus the police made that guy knock down.
    Police here are ridiculous sometimes, in erm Odense (I think) there is a massive statue of a penis and a vagina just like in the middle of the town. Other than that is a pretty boring and expensive place though so probably would rather live here...

But anyway, snow beckons.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, but that's sculpture. It'd be sculpture if it was made out of ice, but not snow :p:

Right. Work.

ReputationRep:
    Bleh. Anyone know how to get photos from a canon IXUS 80 IS onto a linux system? gphoto doesn't seem to be detecting it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Bleh. Anyone know how to get photos from a canon IXUS 80 IS onto a linux system? gphoto doesn't seem to be detecting it...
    I am going to be unhelpful and ask if you've got a card reader.

Have you checked /media ? You might have to manually mount the camera, if it's seen as a removable drive.

ReputationRep:
    I have it set up so that usb drives automount, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

ReputationRep:
    w00t - I'm now on page one of the member list :o: Kinda cool, and also odd as I never ever thought that could possibly happen given my (highly localised if very frequent) posting habits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    Hope you all had a good time last night, I passed KT outside my front door, presumably going to nando's, I wanted to come but was tired and couldnt be bothered to try and explain the situation to Rich. Gutted I missed Athena though - did she leave Quatchi with any of you to pass on to me?
    I told her to stick him in your pidge (assuming you have one in Pembroke plodge) and otherwise to put him in mine. I'm not in Cambridge any more so can't go and rescue him myself. I'll text her later to check her plan.

ReputationRep:
    Erk! Ok MUST finish the consent form by four! :hmmm:

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.