Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Phew, menu is ok. I was worried that it was going to be a load of tomato-based things, given I'd realised I hadn't warned anyone I can't eat them.

ReputationRep:
    ah thanks. That explained a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excalibur)
    My feet are now wet :shifty: I have no appropriate shoes to wear in this kind of weather....
    There's a random spare pair of shoes in the Butterfield on a window sill, nick them. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Food sounds good to me And I'm relieved its salmon mousse not something with shellfish because that's the only thing I don't like pretty much (that and liver/organs)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    Anna potatoes are in cream I think. :puke:
    I'm sorry. I hope for your sake they serve things different to what the menu says.

ReputationRep:
    Anna potatoes are in cream I think. :puke:
    We have them in buttery all the time, they're essentially just fried potatos with some goo on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Gesar what time did you build it? I saw one there round 11 - 12, but it didn't look very feminine.[/COLOR]
    About 4pm to 5pm. It's round the back of Queens', near the entrance to Kings. If you're in that area you really can't miss it.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Lidka)
    No, you were quite right to do that. And it was no more demanding than my 'DON'T FORGET MY MONEY' message. :p:

Ugh, now I need to find something to wear for formal, don't I?
    I didn't receive such a message (presumably as I'm not down as attending on fb) so can you let me know how much I owe you? Would you mind a bank transfer? If not I'll need to cash out afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    £8.50 FD!
    (Original post by Lidka)
    Ugh, now I need to find something to wear for formal, don't I?
    Yeh... I was just thinking. I'm trying to find ways to combine a skirt with a ski jacket :rolleyes:

And this is without the protective anonymity of my gown...
    Is Clare more dressy than Peterhouse? We often pitch up in formal wearing jeans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    Newnham girls, I need your help!
    I need access to the Grants Register 2009, which is a list of all the grants and funding available for research projects worldwide. Such a useful thing, you'd have thought that it would be possible to look at it in the UL... Oh no... the only copy is in Newnham library:
    http://ucat-newton.lib.cam.ac.uk/cgi...02165305&SID=1
    So, how would I go about looking at it, do you think? I've used the Newnham library before but I was a student then... Can either of you help? It is of course reference use only so maybe if one of you let me in I could sit and find out what I need and then photocopy it?

The exciting thing is that the reason I need this publication is that I am in the process of putting together an application for a Masters by Research MPhil with my wonderful lovely mentor. He partly supervised my dissertation, and now needs someone (and he has me earmarked for it!) to do a Masters (leading into a PhD) in some important and very relevant work on interdiscipinary design and sustainability! Its still not certain but if we can get funding sorted, it could very well go ahead.
    Of course, just tell me when you want to come by & I'll happily let you in. I trust you not to eat our books, etc. :p: Not sure how you go about photocopying it though... I think we have one, but I'm not sure where...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lidka)
    I'm sorry. I hope for your sake they serve things different to what the menu says.
    I forgot to warn you to put me down as non-dairy, as I don't really like melted cheese or anything. So I'm stuffed for food tonight, but that's my own fault :o:

ReputationRep:
    We often pitch up in formal wearing jeans.[/COLOR]
    Formal in jeans?!?!? :eek: :eek: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to warn you to put me down as non-dairy, as I don't really like melted cheese or anything. So I'm stuffed for food tonight, but that's my own fault :o:
    Eh, I don't eat fish and the dessert will probably have chocolate on so you're welcome to mine. Plus my wine which I imagine I'll barely touch :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    I didn't receive such a message (presumably as I'm not down as attending on fb) so can you let me know how much I owe you? Would you mind a bank transfer? If not I'll need to cash out afterwards.
    8.50 - cash would be easier, tbh, but bank transfer is fine! Just let me know the details you'll need!

£8.50 FD!
    Yeh... I was just thinking. I'm trying to find ways to combine a skirt with a ski jacket :rolleyes:

And this is without the protective anonymity of my gown...
    Is Clare more dressy than Peterhouse? We often pitch up in formal wearing jeans.
    lol! You could bring your gown anyway, if you like. Jeans aren't accepted, unless they're black and not jeansy-looking.

I've just been invited to a cinema trip after formal, and I have done no work today. But I don't care, the snow has made me happy. It should snow more often.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks Lidia! Skirt it is...
    You've seriously never heard of this? :lolwut:

Peterhouse has formal every evening. And the choir, especially, get free formal three nights a week because chapel cuts into buttery.
    So the only dress requirement is a gown over your clothes. Whatever those clothes may be.

Which means that if you go on an evening where the choir are dining there will be a fair few casually dressed people about (although you can't really tell unless you look under the table)
    People as a rule tend to dress in something nicer, and guests always outdress us a little.

On the other hand.. we have loads of Black Tie things on all the time. Including our superhalls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Eh, I don't eat fish and the dessert will probably have chocolate on so you're welcome to mine. Plus my wine which I imagine I'll barely touch :p:
    I'm a veggie too :p: [/fussy]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Snow, I'd guess.

Hooray! I haven't slept. I'll be fun company at formal tonight.
    u from selwyn?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyle_S-C)
    There's a random spare pair of shoes in the Butterfield on a window sill, nick them. :p:
    Oooh, that's an idea :cool: Except they'll be about 7 sizes too big for me, but anyway....

Any idea what we might do/go afterwards tonight?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Well its your choice I can either UMS you the cash tomorrow or bank transfer it so its in your bank account almost instantly :p: All I need is name, account number and sort code.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.