Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I don't own tights. I can't stand them. I also don't own anything wooly. Hmmm. Cold it is!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Horay! This makes me happy Nice looking menu too. What time are we meeting again? :o:
    7:15, I think.

ReputationRep:
    Horay! This makes me happy Nice looking menu too. What time are we meeting again? :o:
    7.15 at Old Court plodge. It's through the arch on your left just as you walk in via the entrance next to King's.

And don't forget, everybody - Lidka and I want your money! Bring £8.50 with you, or £10 in ukebert's case. :p:

See you guys soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lidka)
    Excellent, that's what I had in my head.

Cripes, that's in an hour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lidka)
    By the way, you can use my ticket if you want as I have an essay in for 8 that I've yet to finish - sorry guys. Will people be doing stuff later on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lidka)
    I'm coming over to yours in about 20 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    Could I get away with trainers or walking boots d'you think? Or will it be proper shoes? :sad:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    1: I know you're teasing
    2: I find it necessary to state accurate facts on behalf of our large non-Cambridge audience who may - at this conjuncture - develop woefully errant views :hmmmm:
    3: Cauis' hall is not like Peterhouse for the following reasons:

Spoiler:
    Show

- They have medium to light wood, we have dark wood
    - They have large portraits of recent masters (including my step-grandad )/ we have small very very old portraits of masters/benefactors and no recent ones
    - They have crap food/we have average ranging to very nice food
    - They chase everyone out of hall after an hour - we only do it after 90mins, and not necessarily every time :p:
    - Peterhouse hall was built in 1284/Caius ... hmm.... well I'll go wiki it, but it looks newer and the college is fourth oldest which means earliest 1300s.
    - Caius have candles and lights (correct me if I'm wrong)/Peterhouse only use candles
    1:
    2: We have a "large non-Cambridge audience"?
    3: The food's been fine the times that I've been to Caius.

Anyway, finished the essay, just need to proof and print, then get ready for Formal. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Oh this is incredibly irritating. I am wearing my only pair of socks that is not dirty and they are sopping wet. I have just realised that now that I have but one pair I will not have any for tomorrow morning. It is too late to wash some. I hate socks :dry:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Could I get away with trainers or walking boots d'you think? Or will it be proper shoes? :sad:
    I was going to wear a suit and proper shoes, did I miss the dress code message? :confused:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    1:
    2: We have a "large non-Cambridge audience"?
    3: The food's been fine the times that I've been to Caius.

Anyway, finished the essay, just need to proof and print, then get ready for Formal. :woo:
    Then you've never had a proper Caius formal.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't someone find a toe in their soup once?

Actually on second thoughts that might have been a toenail. A toe would be a little more worrying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    I was going to wear a suit and proper shoes, did I miss the dress code message? :confused:
    Well the dress is formal. But I really don't want to wear proper shoes.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't someone find a toe in their soup once?

Actually on second thoughts that might have been a toenail. A toe would be a little more worrying.
    Are you thinking of thumb in soda on Friends? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm wearing my snowboots.

ReputationRep:
    I'm wearing a suit :p:

I'm so tempted to get a taxi, having almost slipped over four times on the way to Old Court and back!

ReputationRep:
    The uni has made the front page of BBC News :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supergrunch)
    By the way, you can use my ticket if you want as I have an essay in for 8 that I've yet to finish - sorry guys. Will people be doing stuff later on?
    Tell smilepea!!! Quick! Anyone got her number?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    Then you've never had a proper Caius formal.
    :shifty: I actually quite like Caius food

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Tell smilepea!!! Quick! Anyone got her number?
    Ah I'm here can I come?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.