Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chess Piece Face)
    I'm coming over to yours in about 20 minutes.
    Cool, that's probably you walking up my stairs, then... :p:

(Original post by Supergrunch)
    By the way, you can use my ticket if you want as I have an essay in for 8 that I've yet to finish - sorry guys. Will people be doing stuff later on?
    Sorry to hear that. That means we've a spare ticket, then. Who else wants to come?

Edit: Oh good.

ReputationRep:
    I messaged her on fb to come to the plodge if she can still make it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    I messaged her on fb to come to the plodge if she can still make it.
    Excellent, 7.15 old courts plodge yes? and dress code is smart-ish?

ReputationRep:
    So I take it that smilepea is coming? Excellent.

I've just received a rather sweet email from the senior tutor to avoid trampling on the daffodils under the snow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    So I take it that smilepea is coming? Excellent.

I've just received a rather sweet email from the senior tutor to avoid trampling on the daffodils under the snow
    There was some lovely lumpy snow in old courts where the flower beds were

and I didn't get you're fb message craghy :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Right, 7.15, Clare, formal, but with snow concessions.

I would wear my gown, but it would be weird wearing it under a coat on the way there.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by smilepea)
    :shifty: I actually quite like Caius food
    I refuse to concede that orange juice is a suitable starter, nor muller corner a suitable dessert, for any formal meal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    I refuse to concede that orange juice is a suitable starter, nor muller corner a suitable dessert, for any formal meal.
    You get to choose a banana instead of a muller corner :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    ok, now I understand why you don't like it, most people just complain about the poor quality of the food.

And I am now coming tonight yes??
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by smilepea)
    And I am now coming tonight yes??
    That was the impression I got. See you there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    That was the impression I got. See you there.
    excellent ok I'm sorry I just spaz WAY too much about like everything :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    bugger i dont have time to go to college and buy fabulous trinity apple juice, as ever, I took an age to get ready
    sorry
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I'm rubbish. im just leaving now!

ReputationRep:
    I finished the core part of my IPA input software! [naʊ aɪ kæn iːzɪli taɪp aɪ piː eɪ wɪðaʊt hævɪŋ tʊ juːz ðə kæɹəktɜː mæp ɔː sʌmsʌtʃ] Not that I really need it though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxi_bon44)
    COMPLETELY unrelated but thought I might intrude on this thread (I don't know if this breaks Student Forum etiquette). Have had an offer to study SPS at St.Catherine's and wanted to do some of the core reading before I got there. Can anyone suggest anywhere in Cambridge that sells second hand text books? is there somewhere everyone goes to sell them on? or do most people just borrow from the Library?

Any help appreciated!
    Max
    (P.S can you use libraries of other colleges?)
    I can sell you a like-new copy of the Cambridge History of Political Thought Edition Leviathan without any annotations or markings for £6. This is the most useful book for first year PPS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhen Lin)
    I finished the core part of my IPA input software! [naʊ aɪ kæn iːzɪli taɪp aɪ piː eɪ wɪðaʊt hævɪŋ tʊ juːz ðə kæɹəktɜː mæp ɔː sʌmsʌtʃ] Not that I really need it though.
    /brɪljənt, kæn aɪ juːz ɪt/?

ReputationRep:
    Don't do any reading before you get here, enjoy your life while you still have one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supergrunch)
    /brɪljənt, kæn aɪ juːz ɪt/?
    Lazy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    Newnham girls, I need your help!
    I need access to the Grants Register 2009, which is a list of all the grants and funding available for research projects worldwide. Such a useful thing, you'd have thought that it would be possible to look at it in the UL... Oh no... the only copy is in Newnham library:
    http://ucat-newton.lib.cam.ac.uk/cgi...02165305&SID=1
    So, how would I go about looking at it, do you think? I've used the Newnham library before but I was a student then... Can either of you help? It is of course reference use only so maybe if one of you let me in I could sit and find out what I need and then photocopy it?

The exciting thing is that the reason I need this publication is that I am in the process of putting together an application for a Masters by Research MPhil with my wonderful lovely mentor. He partly supervised my dissertation, and now needs someone (and he has me earmarked for it!) to do a Masters (leading into a PhD) in some important and very relevant work on interdiscipinary design and sustainability! Its still not certain but if we can get funding sorted, it could very well go ahead.
    Good job quoting me - NO chance I would have seen this if not.

Using Newnham Library's easy peasy in office hours - call up in advance and ask the librarians. You'll then be admitted as a reader.

If you can only make out of office hours, let K.T. or I know and we'll set a day/time for one of us to let you in. (Shhhh....). No probs.

NB, quote if replying - won't be checking otherwise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxi_bon44)
    COMPLETELY unrelated but thought I might intrude on this thread (I don't know if this breaks Student Forum etiquette). Have had an offer to study SPS at St.Catherine's and wanted to do some of the core reading before I got there. Can anyone suggest anywhere in Cambridge that sells second hand text books? is there somewhere everyone goes to sell them on? or do most people just borrow from the Library?

Any help appreciated!
    Max
    (P.S can you use libraries of other colleges?)
    ABE Books is a good online source of second-hand books. http://www.abebooks.co.uk/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.