Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I had an excellent time last night too It was good to stay at a meet for more than ten minutes too! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Has someone from this thread added me on FB?

Edit: I see he's already been mentioned
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Lidka)
    How long did you guys stay in our bar?! Well, I'm glad you had a good time. It was fun. Even the conversations about rep... :rolleyes:
    It wasn't that late, just after 2 AM maybe? Thanks again for organising it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    It wasn't that late, just after 2 AM maybe? Thanks again for organising it!
    You're welcome, it was fun. I want a Peterhouse/Pembroke formal now, please. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    I need a hat
    (Original post by Nina)
    I need a Sasquatch
    I have both your items, will drop them off tonight/tomorrow lunch

I just got a huge reading list to get through for my Masters application... Eep! I'm not used to this but I am REALLY looking forward to getting back into academic reading. I just wish the UL opened later!

(Original post by epitome)
    Good job quoting me - NO chance I would have seen this if not.

Using Newnham Library's easy peasy in office hours - call up in advance and ask the librarians. You'll then be admitted as a reader.

If you can only make out of office hours, let K.T. or I know and we'll set a day/time for one of us to let you in. (Shhhh....). No probs.

NB, quote if replying - won't be checking otherwise!
    Thanks. I have both your mobile numbers so I'll be in touch. It may even be a morning thing, in which case I'll just ask the librarians. Otherwise, how late does your library open?

ReputationRep:
    Bleh. I wouldn't mind questions too hard for me to do, I'm just ******* sick of questions so straighforward yet algebraically tedious I'd rather beat myself to death with a haddock than do them...
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Bleh. I wouldn't mind questions too hard for me to do, I'm just ******* sick of questions so straighforward yet algebraically tedious I'd rather beat myself to death with a haddock than do them...
    I'm sick of questions saying "prove __ = 0", where "__" turns out to be some massive 78-term ****** of an expression in twenty-nine variables, each of which is a 4-tensor or something, so that the only sensible way of proving I actually did the question is getting ten coloured pens and crossing off corresponding terms that cancel in matching colours.

ReputationRep:
    Erk I'm so sick with tiredness I just experienced an irrational desire to push my noisy bedder down the stairs to my attic room because she was making such a noise and it hurt so much :>.<: Slept 4am... couldn't sleep properly, kept waking up and tossing and turning. Got up 8am. Went to this breakfast thing with friends. Lecture at 10. Switched on the dictaphone and concentrated on not falling asleep at my desk in the very small class :rolleyes: Had coffee with another friend, went to SPS library and I've just got back :stickyman: I feel aged :coffee:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    I hope everyone had a good time last night For some reason, Peterhouse formal decided to give us pizza...(?)
    You may have fallen foul of one of our "Special Formals" once a week. Its different to normal formal and to Superhall. Apparently the idea is to appeal to people who don't like posh food :eyeball: I've not gone anywhere near them so far :p: but at least they're only once a week. They'll probably abandon the scheme next year - their initiatives never last long...
    (Original post by Lidka)
    How long did you guys stay in our bar?! Well, I'm glad you had a good time. It was fun. Even the conversations about rep... :rolleyes:
    I didn't have any conversation about rep. You must have been sitting at the ukebert/FadetoBlackout end of the room. FB always brings it up when he runs out of stuff to waffle about, and ukebert just waffles about it anyway
    And we left at 2ish after some really good (if drastically sleep deprived) conversation!
    (Original post by smilepea)
    I take mild offence to that statement :p:
    Well I hadn't heard you say anything so I couldn't put words into your mouth. If anything I would have thought Supergrunch would object to the post, not you :p:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    How thoroughly british of you. :p:
    Gesar! :jumphug: The painkiller didn't kill you... :p:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    Edit: I see he's already been mentioned
    Yes.. :shifty:
    (Original post by Lidka)
    You're welcome, it was fun. I want a Peterhouse/Pembroke formal now, please. :p:
    Peterhouse!!! :king1: Pembroke was quite similar to Clare IMO (both good! ) And we've already done a Pembroke TSR formal, but we haven't had a Peterhouse one yet... and there are enough of us to organise it.
    ...I'd rather beat myself to death with a haddock...
    Let me give you a hand...:itsme:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    I'm sick of questions saying "prove __ = 0", where "__" turns out to be some massive 78-term ****** of an expression in twenty-nine variables, each of which is a 4-tensor or something, so that the only sensible way of proving I actually did the question is getting ten coloured pens and crossing off corresponding terms that cancel in matching colours.
    Ouch. The stuff I'm doing isn't that bad, I just really have better things to be doing than calculating messy partial derivatives. I wonder if I'm allowed to redefine the product rule as (f*g)' = f' * g' ? It would make my life a lot easier. (* denoting multiplication rather than composition)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    I didn't have any conversation about rep. You must have been sitting at the ukebert/FadetoBlackout end of the room. FB always brings it up when he runs out of stuff to waffle about, and ukebert just waffles about it anyway
    And we left at 2ish after some really good (if drastically sleep deprived) conversation!

Peterhouse!!! :king1: Pembroke was quite similar to Clare IMO (both good! ) And we've already done a Pembroke TSR formal, but we haven't had a Peterhouse one yet... and there are enough of us to organise it.
    It was ukebert and generalebriety. :rolleyes:

Peterhouse formal, yay!

Hope you get feel less tired soon. Though I reckon interesting conversation beats sleep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Gesar! :jumphug: The painkiller didn't kill you... :p:
    It did not kill me! And since everyone seems to be saying so, I'll jump on the bandwagon and say I had a good time last night too :yep:

Though I've just got an email from my supervisor saying my supervision is at 5pm till 6pm IN THE CMS. There's no way I'm missing dinner for bloody dynamics, especially since he ASKED me what time I wanted and said that my preference for 4 o clock was fine ¬.¬

Now only to come up with a valid excuse as to why 5-6pm is actually a bad time for me :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    I hope everyone had a good time last night For some reason, Peterhouse formal decided to give us pizza...(?)
    Ouch... Peterhouse pizza has a negative reputation

(Original post by lavalse)
    im so excited, I HAVE SUMMER PLANS!!!
    yes! now i feel so much better =D
    Where are you going? :teeth:

(Original post by Lidka)
    And Poland

I am in a really bad mood :hmpf: Not only am I tired enough to not quite be able to stand upright, but I've just had 2 hours of computing. I can't do computing. I have it this afternoon as well. I then have a supervision straight afterwards, the work for which I decided was too hard (have done most of it, just not two of the tripos questions). I am then dashing to the library to try and do my electronics work in 2 hours, going back, bolting a sandwich and going to Morris. Then the ADC, then getting back at midnight.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Ouch. The stuff I'm doing isn't that bad, I just really have better things to be doing than calculating messy partial derivatives. I wonder if I'm allowed to redefine the product rule as (f*g)' = f' * g' ? It would make my life a lot easier. (* denoting multiplication rather than composition)
    I suspect redefining the product rule as something entirely different to what the product rule is wouldn't go down particularly well. :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Gesar)
    It did not kill me! And since everyone seems to be saying so, I'll jump on the bandwagon and say I had a good time last night too :yep:

Though I've just got an email from my supervisor saying my supervision is at 5pm till 6pm IN THE CMS. There's no way I'm missing dinner for bloody dynamics, especially since he ASKED me what time I wanted and said that my preference for 4 o clock was fine ¬.¬

Now only to come up with a valid excuse as to why 5-6pm is actually a bad time for me :rolleyes:
    Missing dinner seems a perfectly valid reason to me!

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know anything about getting tattoos in Cambridge?

I heard that the guy on Mill Road isn't that good and the one in town is overpriced, what about the one on Victoria Road?

ReputationRep:
    facebook is full of crap :dry:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Gesar)
    We need to have a rematch at pool next meet. :p: :yep:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    And then I'll beat both of you :p:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. Hint: I've not been to kings formal in ages..

(Original post by visesh)
    Welcome back to civilisation!

:p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.