Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)

All this tiredness, guess I'm the only one planning to go out tonight then. :p:
    even ive decided not to go to cindies this week!!! normally i always succumb!

ReputationRep:
    I've given up on facebook. Its stopped working at all for me

ReputationRep:
    People: recommend me a reasonably nice (ie probably non-chain) reasonably affordable (ie couldn't afford to go every week, but still not bank-breaking) restaurant.

ReputationRep:
    tsr's gone all different! Normally i don't mind these things but its made it much harder to read it on my phone.

Seth- the Eraina just off Bennett st is good. Reasonable but unique. If its a romantic evening ask for the table in the alcove downstairs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supergrunch)
    I wish my name had diacritcs, they're cool.
    My name actually has diacritics, but even I can't be bothered to pronounce the tones, so... (I can't even pronounce the first consonant correctly. :-/ [tʂ] and other retroflex sounds in general are difficult.)

ReputationRep:
    my god.....tsr......is.......s...l. ..o...w. Can't be bothered with it tonight.

ReputationRep:
    I've just had an incredibly productive hour or so- I organised/sorted out all the little things I've been meaning to do all term. I replaced the union card that was stolen over summer 2007, booked the CUSU minibus for riding lessons, spoke to the head porter about parking, collected my book from the careers service, booked an appointment with a careers advisor....very successful in my book
    Oooh, did you get the parking sorted? And was the porter I was kind of sarcastic to actually the head porter?......I thought he was but everyone else disagreed. And we got LOADS of signatures this evening!

ReputationRep:
    *sigh* they've ****** around with TSR again, introducing loads of bugs, breaking loads of features, annoying everyone to produce....what? Yet another, slighty-less-ugly-and-playschool-looking-this-time-but-still-pointlessly-changed colour scheme?

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:

Does anyone elses TSR look distinctly broken sincethey 'maintained' it...?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Clear your cache and it stops it looking broken. Some of the smileyshave changed. Have they fixed :emog: to :cat: yet?

Edit: answer -NO.

ReputationRep:
    Argh its been ages since I posted on here! Currently writing essay 1/3 of this week which was due this morning; no 2 is due tomorrow (today i guess) :P
    Hey any of you lot taking part in the shadowing scheme this week? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavalse)
    Istanbul is a FANTASTIC city. i loved it so much. definitely go. and you can survive cheaply there - even just walking around all day is great
    My plan at the moment is to recreate the Orient Express from Paris to Istanbul. Go back via Croatia and Slovenia. Haven't worked out all the details yet, probably won't until I get there :p: Part of the fun of the thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mavoury)
    Argh its been ages since I posted on here! Currently writing essay 1/3 of this week which was due this morning; no 2 is due tomorrow (today i guess) :P
    Hey any of you lot taking part in the shadowing scheme this week? x
    I'm being shadowed I'm subjecting the poor girl to two hours of Russian conversation starting at 9am, a Spanish lecture and a Russian literature supervision. My conversation teacher is excited and wants us to sing a song about a Sultan.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    What the **** is this update??

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I forgot my inevitable moan about my day.

Was shattered for most of the morning. Don't remember much. Double computing, didn't have a clue what I was doing. More computing in the afternoon, didn't have a clue what I was doing. Maths supervision - diabolical. Was miles away for most of it and those parts where I did pay attention I had no idea what he was going on about. Then prep for my supervision tomorrow. Terrible. Just terrible. Did a load of washing, put it in the tumble drier, mis-remembered the time that the laundry shut. All the clothes I own apart from the ones that I am standing it (and suit and so on) are now locked in a room on the other side of the college.

However, I saw Nick Muhammed at the ADC, who was absolutely hilarious. Seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    What the **** is this update??
    I think it looks slightly better than it used to. Everything else is crap.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by ukebert)
    I think it looks slightly better than it used to. Everything else is crap.
    I don't care how it looks, though. I want it to be functional, and it's just not. Every update they make just introduces more bugs for the sake of making it look more glassy and "web 2.0". :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeezebox)
    It's ok, apart from the big fat advertisment on the user page thing. grrr. Though I guess subs don't have it.
    We don't. My dupe does though

I don't care how it looks, though. I want it to be functional, and it's just not. Every update they make just introduces more bugs for the sake of making it look more glassy and "web 2.0". :bawling:
    It looks scarily like the forum at my old work. I might have been able to get on here without getting caught. This is good.

But ffs. There are delays everywhere. You open a PM, read it, it's still in My Home. Same with subscribed threads. Same with everything. There is a delay between Who Quoted Me on normal pages and on My Home. Where have the times gone? Squeezebox quoted me, it could be a minute ago, it could be 3 years ago. Polls are screwed up, utterly. God knows where all the smilies have got to. The list goes on and on.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by ukebert)
    We don't. My dupe does though

It looks scarily like the forum at my old work. I might have been able to get on here without getting caught. This is good.

But ffs. There are delays everywhere. You open a PM, read it, it's still in My Home. Same with subscribed threads. Same with everything. There is a delay between Who Quoted Me on normal pages and on My Home. Where have the times gone? Squeezebox quoted me, it could be a minute ago, it could be 3 years ago. Polls are screwed up, utterly. God knows where all the smilies have got to. The list goes on and on.
    Yep. As far as I can tell, all they've done is change the design - so why do they always manage to screw up everything else, when it's literally just a case of changing a style sheet and a few images? The misalignment, sure, but everything else...

ReputationRep:
    Yep. As far as I can tell, all they've done is change the design - so why do they always manage to screw up everything else, when it's literally just a case of changing a style sheet and a few images? The misalignment, sure, but everything else...
    God knows. As I said, I quite like the new design. It's a bit bloated, but every new update is. Look at vista. They have changed a lot, made it all more swish, but the scale of the bugs is disproportionate to what I would perceive as the scope of the update.

I think I need to go to bed. When I question whether one of my sentences makes sense that's a fair indication.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.