Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mavoury)
    Argh its been ages since I posted on here! Currently writing essay 1/3 of this week which was due this morning; no 2 is due tomorrow (today i guess) :P
    Hey any of you lot taking part in the shadowing scheme this week? x
    I am

Also, NEW TSR IS AWFUL!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    I am

Also, NEW TSR IS AWFUL!
    Check your mail . Unless I am absolutely awful at remembering surnames, we're both on the ticket list for the German society formal. I do have a small problem though since I don't have a chequebook (stupid international student bank accounts! And to think I'm even paying monthly fees for that!) ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    I don't care how it looks, though. I want it to be functional, and it's just not. Every update they make just introduces more bugs for the sake of making it look more glassy and "web 2.0". :bawling:
    :ditto:

KT : I can't make it to the formal in the end... Hope you have fun

ReputationRep:
    Just got back to my room and logged on here and...

...ARGHHHH!!! TSR suddenly got UGLIER than the keynes building!
    why do i want that great big thing where my subscribed threads used to be?!

On the brighter side my 150th post so my rep is finally worth something which is kinda nice

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to go to bed yet, but I've got to get up at 8am to write my Politics essay (for Tuesday)

I also have a Sociology essay due in Sunday, yet my supervisor hasn't even told us what title we're writing for :eek:

And I've got a Psychology essay for Tuesday, for which I've done absolutely no reading.

I'm going to be set a Soc Anth essay on Thursday too.

Fun few days ahead :rolleyes:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Chips and cheese from the Van of Life is heavenly. :coma: That is all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhen Lin)
    My name actually has diacritics, but even I can't be bothered to pronounce the tones, so... (I can't even pronounce the first consonant correctly. :-/ [tʂ] and other retroflex sounds in general are difficult.)
    [tʂ] is pretty evil - it goes against all my phonotactic intuitions. The only retroflex sound I can condfidently manage is [ɻ], and even that isn't part of my natural allophone inventory. Tones are worse though, although I'd like to learn a proper tonal language some time.

Anyway, 9am seminar time! It's just like being a natsci again, only once rather than six times a week. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Argh, what the hell have they done to this place?! It's just aggravating now they've taken a massive chunk of usability out and thrown in some ads instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Argh, what the hell have they done to this place?! It's just aggravating now they've taken a massive chunk of usability out and thrown in some ads instead.
    Yeah, it's awful, isn't it. And latex doesn't even work:

Unparseable or potentially dangerous latex formula. Error 4: no dvi output from LaTeX. It is likely that your formula contains syntax errors or worse.
    \text{Look what they've done!

ReputationRep:
    w00p, the top header has failed dramatically.

ReputationRep:
    If you reload the cache (ctrl+F5) it improves. A little.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    Check your mail . Unless I am absolutely awful at remembering surnames, we're both on the ticket list for the German society formal. I do have a small problem though since I don't have a chequebook (stupid international student bank accounts! And to think I'm even paying monthly fees for that!) ...
    Yup, I'm going Is that a subtle hint that you want me to write a cheque for you too, btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy_emz)
    Oooh, did you get the parking sorted? And was the porter I was kind of sarcastic to actually the head porter?......I thought he was but everyone else disagreed. And we got LOADS of signatures this evening!
    Yes, he was the head porter :p: He's given me some really good options but it's all hush hush

ReputationRep:
    Wahhhh! This is horrible! Make it go away! :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lidka)
    Wahhhh! This is horrible! Make it go away! :cry:
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    Why do smilies not work? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, lots of random stuff to do, but no more deadlines this week, so can probably spend tomorrow sorting stuff out.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's only the smilies that don't end in a colon :o: :p: :yawn: :work: :hmpf: :dry: :confused: :rolleyes:

Except for the tongue one and the embarrassed one, which don't even show up as text.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, he was the head porter
    Oopsie........

He's given me some really good options but it's all hush hush
    Ok, that's great but I'll keep mum.

ReputationRep:
    Arrrgh I just keep finding bugs!! How could they have messed this up so much?!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.