Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I think the fact that I have no real opinion on the design change shows how I've hardly become interested in TSR anymore. I only ever visit the Cambridge forum nowadays. :s:

And AAARGH. I've just spend 20 minutes sorting out my laundry to put off writing my essay!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Same, but it's still bloody annoying. This page is scaling off the edge of the crappy monitor at Uni. No website, anywhere, is so badly coded it does that!

The number of pages in a thread, link to jump to last page, and automatic jumping to first unread post are all gone from the homepage (well, some might have been replaced with extra buttons somewhere I think...or something...).

And most annoyingly of all, you can't unsub from threads. So they keep stacking up on my homepage.

edit: oh yeah, and there are giant latex errors plastered across the top of the page, plus appearing smaller in lots of posts and sigs and stuff.

/fail, really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    And most annoyingly of all, you can't unsub from threads. So they keep stacking up on my homepage.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/subscription.php
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by brimstone)
    Meh, I think the fact that I have no real opinion on the design change shows how I've hardly become interested in TSR anymore. I only ever visit the Cambridge forum nowadays. :s:
    :five:

Now go do your ******* essay, if you're not already.

ReputationRep:
    Er, thanks. I know *how* to unsub (or now in the oh-so-cool new TSR vernacular "stop watching" ) threads, it just doesn't work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    :five:

Now go do your ******* essay, if you're not already.
    I've started watching Sky Cops on iPlayer now :rolleyes: :p:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by brimstone)
    I've started watching Sky Cops on iPlayer now :rolleyes: :p:

I have a stats supervision at 4. I should really do my example sheet that was in for yesterday before I go to that. Now I come to think of it, I should start my electromagnetism sheet that's in for 2 today. First, though, I have a German class. Sigh... :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    Er, thanks. I know *how* to unsub (or now in the oh-so-cool new TSR vernacular "stop watching" ) threads, it just doesn't work.
    It's probably just another delay.

ReputationRep:
    LMAO!!!! :rofl:

They've never screwed it up this badly before! Its amusingly bad. At least clearing the cache stopped all the widgets from overlapping eachother so that I couldn't read anything...

ReputationRep:
    Try reading this effing thing on a tiny mobile phone screen ARGH. I might have to sub just to get rid of the fat advert that's meaning I can't read the home page very well at all.

(Original post by FadedJade)
    Sasquatch
    Is with your porters. Hope you get him!

(Original post by ukebert)
    Hat
    Is with your porters. See text for details
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    my account>preferences>options>disa ble featured content

I think thats right - you can get rid of it anyway.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    my account>preferences>options>disa ble featured content

I think thats right - you can get rid of it anyway.
    Thanks, I was wondering how you got rid of that.

ReputationRep:
    It's somewhat reinforcing the "girls can't do computers" stereotype for the Newnham JCR vice-president to email the compsci mailing list asking for help designing their website...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    It's somewhat reinforcing the "girls can't do computers" stereotype for the Newnham JCR vice-president to email the compsci mailing list asking for help designing their website...
    Just one girl...Unless she's begged the whole of Newnham already :p:

ReputationRep:
    Stupid supervisor, mucking up my day :dry:

And thank you Amy! It is now very unlikely that I would have time to find or make one myself :o:

ReputationRep:
    I keep on getting rep for my signature. :confused: I hope its the xkcd everyone's laughing at, not the Habermas :hmmm:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Think about that statement for a second...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    Check your Riches
    I tried to post on your wall yesterday, but facebook has gone all weird on me.
    How was the interview?
    Also congratulations for being interviewed on the most atypical day in Cambridge weatherwise :five:

ReputationRep:
    Hehehe...

I found a kid in my class yesterday on TSR.

So I said, "If I see you on TSR again during lessons, I'll neg you!"
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    :rofl: FtB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadeToBlackout)
    Hehehe...

I found a kid in my class yesterday on TSR.

So I said, "If I see you on TSR again during lessons, I'll neg you!"
    Awesome. I guess the kid was a bit scared of you after that :tongue: .

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.