Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    I gots me a Chalet School from Heffers :teeth:
    Oooh, which one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadeToBlackout)
    So I said, "If I see you on TSR again during lessons, I'll neg you!"
    :toofunny: Mind you they'd have to work out which user you were first before they became truly scared.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadeToBlackout)
    Hehehe...

I found a kid in my class yesterday on TSR.

So I said, "If I see you on TSR again during lessons, I'll neg you!"
    Classic.

I presume that you didn't tell him that you were FTB though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Comp_Genius)
    Thanks. Hint: I've not been to kings formal in ages..
    I haven't been in years- tickets are really hard to come by! But yes, I do owe you one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munro90)
    Just got back to my room and logged on here and...

...ARGHHHH!!! TSR suddenly got UGLIER than the keynes building!
    why do i want that great big thing where my subscribed threads used to be?!

On the brighter side my 150th post so my rep is finally worth something which is kinda nice
    On a related note; what's the deal with formal tonight? It's been ages since I've been to college formals:/ What's the corkage?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Think about that statement for a second...
    :rofl: I was tempted to say this...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    On a related note; what's the deal with formal tonight? It's been ages since I've been to college formals:/ What's the corkage?
    good point- had forgotten you were coming- chinese new years theme. normally go into hall about 7.30 and corkage is a quid paid at the bar (they put a sticker on your bottle). alternatively you can by from the bar or pantry (open 5-8). I'm on a formal swap with some girls from fitz at kings (we somehow managed to acquire 7 spare tickets to our formal) but i'm sure i'll see you around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thicky)
    Just one girl...Unless she's begged the whole of Newnham already :p:
    Not to my knowledge... we have compscis here anyway, so I don't know why she's bothering you guys :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Lol at FtB!

ReputationRep:
    Two Sams. I kept meaning to order it from them, but I never got round to it.
    Oooh, where are they in Heffers?

ReputationRep:
    Arg. Most technologically annoying day ever. First tsr is all messed up, second my internet goes down for most of the day, thirdly when the internet does come back it's done something funky so that I get constantly logged out of things and fourthly, my phone no longer recognises that it's plugged into anything so it won't charge and can't be backed up. And apple and o2 were collectively useless about it.
    There's no water damage, no other physical damage, it just stopped realising it was plugged in and yet I have to be the one to pay for this when I've done nothing wrong. Apple either need to start giving 18 month warrantees or o2 need to start giving upgrades after 12 months. Grr.

ReputationRep:
    [COLOR=#0099FF]Think about that statement for a second...
    Sending an email isn't really a sign of computing proficiency...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mwiko)
    Arg. Most technologically annoying day ever. First tsr is all messed up, second my internet goes down for most of the day, thirdly when the internet does come back it's done something funky so that I get constantly logged out of things and fourthly, my phone no longer recognises that it's plugged into anything so it won't charge and can't be backed up. And apple and o2 were collectively useless about it.
    There's no water damage, no other physical damage, it just stopped realising it was plugged in and yet I have to be the one to pay for this when I've done nothing wrong. Apple either need to start giving 18 month warrantees or o2 need to start giving upgrades after 12 months. Grr.
    Sucks. You could try being a bit nasty to 02 though. Phone networks are under a lot of pressure at the moment and are fairly desperate to retain their contract customers. Try telling the sales staff that if they're not willing to repair the phone then when it comes to renewal time you'll be finding a network with better customer service. If you can convince them you're pissed off enough about your phone dying so soon (and you should be!) it might work, or at least convince them to be more helpful in terms of repair price, giving you a temporary replacement, speed they get it done, etc. Can't hurt to try

ReputationRep:
    On the other hand, you can't officially get iPhone service from anyone but O2 in the UK, so for customers who would like to keep using an iPhone...

ReputationRep:
    Well presumably as a contact customer she'd be getting an upgrade to whatever's newer when the time comes, so unless there's a new iPhone (likely) AND she wanted that phone and only that phone AND it's locked to o2 again (not so likely) that wouldn't be an issue.

ReputationRep:
    Btw congrats Athena! I was temporarily very stumped by your text, trying to think of any youngsters I knew who had applied :doh:

Sainsburys was spookily quiet this evening, but then there were alot of very drunk people in town. Also I saw thegluups.

(Original post by generalebriety)
    ...but the Spam Queen got there first :king1:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Sending an email isn't really a sign of computing proficiency...
    And one girl who does not know how to set up a website is not a representative of each person in her college, nor does lack of interest in finding out how to set up and maintain a website = lack of capacity to acquire said skill :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    this has been a good week. lots of happies. if all goes to plan, next year is going to be simply awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Just quoting you to get your attention :P . Saxl is getting worse, isn't he? Thoroughly disorganized and lacking a bit of structure...By the way, I was talking to a friend about Saxl's accent - I am convinced it is some kind of German (southern Austria, if I had to guess), but my friend thinks it's something Eastern European. What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Btw congrats Athena! I was temporarily very stumped by your text, trying to think of any youngsters I knew who had applied :doh:

Sainsburys was spookily quiet this evening, but then there were alot of very drunk people in town. Also I saw thegluups.

definitely very very quiet...

drunk people at 8pm? that's keen...

Im assuming from the "congrats Athena" that it went well for her?

ReputationRep:
    I always think I can trace touches of South African in peoples' accents all the time, and it gets quite disorientating. Last year's Psychology lecturer Dr Lam has a strong American accent that frequently lapses into something quite different. He's spent time at a Scandinavian University.. so maybe its that rather than SA (eg Dutch people often sound South African)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.