Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeezebox)
    ERROR
    Ok :p: Nevermind!

Still, that's pretty much the extent of three days work on Dynamics: 'Hey, is that wrong?'. This course is going to be an hilarious failure.

(Some english buff, 'an hilarious' or 'a hilarious'? 'an' sounds more natural to me, but then again it doesn't at the same time. It's an awkward one where neither of the two possibilities sound right )

ReputationRep:
    Why am I so tired and consequently soooo behind? :sob: My seminar today was also awful. Everybody knows so much and I just started blankly into the ether for most of it (when I wasn't on the verge of tears). This is my final year and I really need to make the most of it - yet between feeling generally tired, lectures and seminars, preparing (not very much for the latter) and gymming and then being so tired I fell asleep, I'm yet to do any proper work today.

I need a hug
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by minimo)
    Why am I so tired and consequently soooo behind? :sob: My seminar today was also awful. Everybody knows so much and I just started blankly into the ether for most of it (when I wasn't on the verge of tears). This is my final year and I really need to make the most of it - yet between feeling generally tired, lectures and seminars, preparing (not very much for the latter) and gymming and then being so tired I fell asleep, I'm yet to do any proper work today.

I need a hug
    Have a virtual hug: :hugs:

Good night everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Ok :p: Nevermind!

Still, that's pretty much the extent of three days work on Dynamics: 'Hey, is that wrong?'. This course is going to be an hilarious failure.

(Some english buff, 'an hilarious' or 'a hilarious'? 'an' sounds more natural to me, but then again it doesn't at the same time. It's an awkward one where neither of the two possibilities sound right )
    You can use the indefinite article, i.e. a/an when the h is not pronounced. So I would say 'a hilarious', but 'an hour'.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Y__)
    I am convinced it is some kind of German (southern Austria, if I had to guess), but my friend thinks it's something Eastern European. What do you think?
    If it was any German accent I know, it'd be a lot clearer. It sounds very French in places, particularly his letter 'r' and his pronunciation of "theorem" (teuh-o-rème). But his name is "Jan", so I dunno... not a very French name!

(Original post by Gesar)
    Some english buff, 'an hilarious' or 'a hilarious'?
    The latter in standard English, because the 'h' is pronounced. But if you drop the 'h' in your speech, I suppose it makes sense to say "an 'ilarious".

Siklos is a very odd man, and has a nasty tendency to make lots of mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    Jan, to me, is a Slavic name. On the other hand, Saxl seems to be German? Hmm...

(Original post by Gesar)
    Hey, you're a mathmo.

What the hell is Siklos on?! The man's a fool! Please make him go away

And I think there's a fairly large error in our example sheet, but I don't want to tell anyone in a position of power because it gives me an excuse to not do the question. (Example sheet 1, this is). The end of question 9 - shouldn't it be the error function? Has he completely missed off an integral operator?

I haven't done the question btw, I was comtemplating it and thought that Skilos' answer clashes quite violently with Worster's.
    The error function does appear, but we need it to disappear, otherwise Q isn't finite.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Y__)
    Just quoting you to get your attention :P . Saxl is getting worse, isn't he? Thoroughly disorganized and lacking a bit of structure...
    Oh yes, I didn't answer your question. He's alright. He's very disorganised, and I don't think the course is anywhere near as difficult as he makes it seem. But he's not a bad lecturer... just, as you say, very disorganised.

ReputationRep:
    Habermas via SEP... I'm getting better at this crisis-management stuff in my old age :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Why do judges always have something to say???? :sigh: they all say the same thing, but are just to full of themselves to admit it...

i blame judges for any law student's lack of sleep... :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    I just booked my flight and language school in Granada as a reward for spending 5 hours doing solid Pushkin translation. Whoooooooop

ReputationRep:
    I just booked my flight and language school in Granada as a reward for spending 5 hours doing solid Pushkin translation. Whoooooooop
    Ooh, lucky you, Granada is lovely! I'm going to Salamanca

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy_emz)
    Ooh, lucky you, Granada is lovely! I'm going to Salamanca
    I've always wanted to go to Granada, I can't wait Salamanca should be gooood too. I love my degree!

ReputationRep:
    :coffee:

:work:

ReputationRep:
    :yawn:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    [s]emote[/s]

ReputationRep:
    You seem to be incapable of emoting!

EDIT: damn it technically so do I

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thicky)
    You seem to be incapable of emoting!
    He's a mathmo... :stickingouttounguesmileythatwon 'tshow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    He's a mathmo... :stickingouttounguesmileythatwon 'tshow:
    :p:

This is gonna get annoying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    Language school???

If you do MML do you get to go at a reduced rate, or do you have to pay full price?

I'm desperately trying to find somewhere to work in Germany/Austria, or if I can't find there, Spain for this summer;.. But i'm really struggling...
    do you have any ideas?

PS : i don't think i'll be going to bed tonight... :work: damn judges

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thicky)
    :p:

This is gonna get annoying
    :coffee: x :coffee:

:stupido:

Appendix
    The Smiley Queen has a plentiful reserve to draw from when popular smileys fail :flute:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.